Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Lev calls Alexander

THREADID
    L
    Lev

Who even uses payphones at this day and age? But, thankfully, there are still operational phones to be found, and Lev was at one of them. He scrounged some change from his deep pockets, pulled out a crumpled piece of paper, and reread the text written in the Ogre’s blocky handwriting. A cell number accompanied by three words: “Alexander Brown, Summer”.

Muttering something under his breath, Lev started feeding in the coins into the payphone and punching in the number.

A
    Alexander Brown

It was a long and mostly uneventful day for Alexander, one he devoted to rest and that sweet bout of laziness everyone needs from time to time. Reading the papers at his apartment, learning about the next world crisis or something. He was forcibly pulled from that hazy state by the ringing of his cellphone.

A number unknown to him. And when he answers anyway, for the first few seconds there was only silence. Weird.

"Yes? Who is this?"

L
    Lev

The first thing Alexander herd was something between a growl and a cough. You could not say for sure if the person on the other side of the “line” was clearing his throat, or being attacked by some feral animal.

“Oh… Hey man… I mean, Mr. Brown. My name’s Lev. Just Lev. A friend from up north gave me your number. Told me, if I wanted a shot at staying in the city, I need to talk to you… it being summer and all.”

The voice had a very distinctive and unusual sound to it. And the man who called himself Lev sounded nervous, or at least quite uncomfortable.

A
    Alexander Brown

The first thing that came from the other side was definitely not a word. Although even when the man spoke there was a growly, almost animalistic undertone to it. His voice was deep, which made his apparent nervousness that much weirder.

"Your friend was quite correct, Lev." The name sounded strange, maybe the guy was a foreigner? Also, he couldn't help but wonder on the identity of this friend from "up north". "I'd be delighted to meet you. Unfortunately, my daily schedule is quite packed, so... how about at the gate of the Funderland theme park, eight P.M? Does that work for you?"

It felt good to anticipate a new member of the freehold. It felt even better that he'd chosen him as his first contact.

L
    Lev

“Works fine. I guess we will have no problem recognizing each other. Will see you there.”

Lev waited for the man to respond, and then hanged up. An amusement park. Why should it have to be an amusement park? Though it probably works perfectly fine.

The Beast looked around, sighed, and set out to find a diner to quiet his rumbling gut.

A
    Alexander Brown

"Very well. I'll see you there, then. Have a nice day."

The call ends, the warm fog of laziness gone completely. Now his mind is racing in wonder how this meeting will go, or what did Lev mean when he said they'd have no problem recognizing each other. Was his mien as... flashy as Quick's or Otto's?

He decides to learn first-hand.

L
    Lev

The conversation has ended.

Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 7

You do not have permission to view the list of names.