Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Man in Black III

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up
    The Prince's Ghoul • Cozette Muriel
    The Prince's Ghoul • Olivette Angeline

+1
    SL
    PRE

"You can assume anything you want -- but your car isn't going to cuss you out."

Asa laughed softly as the man confirmed his first instinct about him. Much like Dragons who had yet to obtain their first Coil and would rather debate endlessly about semantics of Change rather than actually Changing, the man seemed to place more value in not being at fault than getting what he wanted.

"And I hardly made an assumption about most people not taking an insult kindly. An insult is, by definition, offensive. Definitions are, by definition, a majority consensus of meaning. Q.E.D. that most people would not take kindly to an insult. A rather... obvious... statement of fact rather than an assumption."

And one only the most desperate of debater would pedantically latch onto. Which was precisely why he'd included it. The entertainment of dressing down the faux-tellectual was fleeting, though, and he made a show of looking down at himself and patting his pockets as if Robin's outstretched hand might have lifted his wallet.

"But,"
    he turned his attention towards her again, "In a place like this? One might wonder if the... unusual... pattern weren't to camouflage tell-tale creases or bulges." A wink accompanied an exaggerated examination of Robin before he finished off his drink. If he were making assumptions? It just was, like the rakish haircut. "So, color me curious. What's on the agenda of the up-and-coming when she isn't being labeled by men in silk suits who aren't trying to shag her? Making more of a name for yourself? Branching out? Looking for work?"

After all, it was The Man In Black -- not Nox.
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

2. Likes liked this post
    Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

"Dude. What the fuck am I supposed to think when you come up to me and start negging?" head shake. "Oh no you don't wanna bang me?!" faux-shock, "What's a poor gal to do - fall over myself to get your approval? So you can take me home and show me how much of a good girl I am?" eyeroll. "Fuck. That."

Glass is raised and a sip's taken.

A snort and a laugh, should it worry her that Miller knows of her thievery?

"Well, can't honestly say I didn't think of that, when I chose this, but, really I picked this because I liked it. It's colorful, and pretty and weird. Better then a plain jacket any day." says the weekday to finally give reason to her jacket and the assumptions that it caused.

"Yes, no, maybe so." cheeky grin, "I had a night free, and thought to myself, what better way to spend it then to come to best place in town. Hit up the usual crowd, see if there was anything shiny and new. See if someone wanted a shiny...you know. Normal stuff."

Then, because why not, "And what brings the Clark Miller out tonight?"
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

4. Likes West liked this post
    A
    Alexander Brown

"Do you think the only reason strangers might want to talk to you is they want to get in your pants? Don't sell yourself so short." That last word was said with a lot of weight "In any case, you made an assumption as to my motives. It was wrong, of course, but there nonetheless. How's that feel?" How about hypocrytical? "I sat beside you because I assumed you're an interesting companion, and go figure - it seems I was right."

Colorful. Pretty. And indeed, weird, too.

Miller, huh? So the two do know each other, although hardly look anything alike. Actually, come to think of it, they both exhibit a smarter-than-thou attitude.

"And how would you know, how would anyone know, if what I said was an insult if they didn't assume from past experiences? The consensus you speak of wasn't discovered, it was created and applied every time someone wants to discern the intention. People don't take kindly to insults, true. But it's what you define as one and how you do it that counts."
    A sip to help the parched throat. The Man in black was a pretty hot establishment.

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

There it was.

Just like he'd predicted, the man had run back to trying to redefine 'lonely'. He was genuinely surprised that he was so behavior blind as to realize he was only making himself look more ridiculous. And this place wasn't exactly the best to dig oneself deeper into a hole. For a few long moments Asa just regarded Alexander with a vaguely amused look before dismissing him entirely without word.

"'The'?"
    A dark brow arched. Sure, he was 'The' Prince, and occasionally 'The'... various things... at Asylum, but... He could see it, though. Either as a declaration of recognition or simple acknowledgment that he moved in many circles and knew important people. Much like The Wizard would always be so.

Or The Sheriff.

"Well."
    He gestured to the bartender for another drink rather than touch the second he'd had poured. "I had this absolutely overpowering urge to offer unsolicited and apparently unwanted --no matter how badly needed-- 'dating advice' and found myself here."

He took the newly poured drink and motioned to an empty table away from the bar.

"Care to join me and tell me more about 'Yes' and 'Maybe So'?"
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

7. Likes Yumyumcrow, liked this post
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

"Dude. I'm making my assumptions based on your behavior. Getting all up close. Smiley, hopping on topics that are only brought up because you're an idiot who doesn't know what an adage is. The oh you lonely women - the negging. Dude. What else am I supposed to think?" eyeroll.

"Yes 'the'." smirk, ignoring the dee-bag. "Lot o'pies with your fingers in 'em." a beat, no blush, but a snort. "Prolly the pies I know of and a lot more." snicker.

Table spotted and drink grabbed, and a "Yes please." had the twosome find themselves away from the bar. Tuesday wondered if the idiot would follow them, because he just seemed like the type.

"Sooooo. The Yes. And the Maybe so's." head bob. "Can't work if you don't get any." a little duh, but - "So looking for work. Yes. And the other bits, the maybe so's. Hmm. Welp. Pies are great." wait for it, "Might want my fingers in some more." snicker. snort.

A
    Alexander Brown

He sighs. It seems this Miller person stole his show without breaking a sweat. An unexpected turn of events, and as the conversation flows past him, Alexander knows he lost. Well, maybe another evening there will be different company? It remains to be seen.

"You could always ask. Most of the time, it's an effective way of determining intention. But that's for another time."

He finishes his drink in one quick movement.

"I wish you two a pleasant evening."

With that, he gets up from his stool and leaves just the way he entered. In half an hour, he is sure, the Silk Suit Man will be but a distant memory. Which might not be so bad.

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

Campanella on the prowl. Or at least, that is what he is telling himself as he slips unannounced into the Man In Black. Dressed light casual in grey shirt and slacks he could pass for a regular guy out on the town or a business man winding down for the day. Of course, anyone who knew what the Man In Black was would quickly quash the notion. Campanella is out for business and pleasure: even if all he does is share a few drinks the tidbits of information he picks up could be as valuable as gold if used correctly.

First, the bar. Then a seat where he can watch and listen.

"Scotch on the rocks." Campanella speaks quietly, hunching himself unobtrusively into a small space by the bar. From his vantage point he surveys the bar in a series of quick glances.
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

11. Likes liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Are you nervous or do you always talk like that?"

The question was half amused and half genuine as he settled into the chair and leaned back slightly. He inhaled deeply and didn't spare a glance for Alexander's departure. It takes unusual circumstances to get an immortal to the point where they won't spare a few moments.

"It's true that I try to stay involved with the community,"
    he continued. "But it's a large community with lots of... special interest groups." Which were usually best kept separate. They usually were by simple practicality -- it would take years and resources to open multiple doors. He'd had both. "So tell me about you, and the sort of work you're looking for."

Whoops, was waiting for YYC's post and then missed it. Sorry for dragging the thread!
    -

13. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

Alex makes words and leaves. Awesome sauce. And double awesome. He's replaced by a better man in a better suit. Well part of a suit.

Tuesday is not surprised. Not with Campy's big news that lead to their yet to be had dinner party.

"Usually almost always. Haven't been...so. Uh yeah. In a while. But. Me. Mostly uncensored. I'm more of a first thing that comes to mind kinda gal." Mostly. Since. Sleeper.

....maybe less then mostly. Since. Guardian.

"That is all sorts of true. Make's a gal's head spin. Since. All the Things." and Tuesday kinda wanted to see about dem pies. But. Also. Not. Well not as flashy. Since. Sneaky....or something like that. "Welp. Me. Robin. But also magpie." heh pie.

...was this as boozeless as ordered?

"Love them shinnies. And also less then shinnies. Since. Metaphorically shiny. So. Yeahhh." drawn out the rasp cracks, "I'm currently looking to realign ownership of said shinnies, even if I don't end up with them in my own nest." since magpie.

Need to think of a better metaphor. A fox metaphor.

"Are you a someone who would like something shiny?"

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

He remains at the bar, leaning casually while he enjoys his drink. Drinking slow, let the long moment draw out. A part of Campanella enjoys being alone; that part of him that recognises that half of the Man In Black's social custom is simply to be seen. He hasn't been often enough to be considered a regular; not yet. So he goes through the motions, patiently building his presence.

The glass, half empty, is placed on the counter once more. Gentle clink of ice.

He lets his gaze drift across the bar only once. Tuesday is there. No doubt in disguise. Campanella has never since Tuesday: Unicorn of Many Faces; his first assumption is that she is doing work related to her Order in some way and as such he keeps his distance.
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

16. Likes liked this post
Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread