Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
141 - 150
DISPLAYED
(AwCon) Awakening

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 15 of 18 First ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Last
    P

Faith Taylor
    Henry Pym

"Henry!" he calls out. "You have any sort of safehouse or anything like that we can use as a regrouping point if we get split up?"
    "Mine are gone!", Henry calls back without hesitation. After all, he'd torched most of them himself. "The Circle was the last. If Zilker had backups, he didn't share." Those last words are spoken somewhat angrily. For a moment, for just a moment, Henry wished he had enough knowledge of Death to call up the Epopt's shade, to tell him : I.TOLD.YOU.SO. I. GODDAMN. TOLD. YOU. SO.

At the call to move out, pronto, he grabs a large coat and fills every pocket as much as he can with just about everything of marginal usefulness. The gears in his head are turning, but not to make sure he takes things that are entirely useful. "I can take point," he calls back to Orphan.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Just an FYI, the Kruegans sanctum is not a safe place. It's just as enemy-held as it has been since March...
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus calls out to Orphan, "Watch out. Something's dropping in from above, and rushes for the door with Falx and the others. As he does so, he once again calls the energies of his watchtower, weaving them through his ring as he calls up memories of his familiar, long since lost to the abyss. Guardian, lend me your strength.

A white aura flares outward, showing glimpses of the spirits that might have been here before the abyss took over and giving those present a sense of vigor. As it fades, Animus' hands become the claws of a wolf.

Transform self

((Falx, Animus, and Jordan are on the first floor, along with anyone good at hand-to-hand. Orphan is heading for the roof with anyone who can handle a gun. Ankh is leading the non-combatants in case they need to leave.))

No swashbuckler of old bared his steel with more determination than Jordan. He followed behind Falx and Animus.

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

PRE

"they grew fucking wings?..." Falx pulls out his dedicated combat knife and holds in a sigh. He stands at the door to the side ready to block anything that might try to come in. "Stay away from the stairs if you aren't fighting!" This was going to be bad.

W
    War

Ankh holds up a hand to Dodger...She then goes back over to Dodger. "All right, how do we get to the Kreugan's from here? I need the shortest route. The longer we're out there the more danger we're in. By the way, I can fight, so you all won't be with only non-combatants. If it comes down to it, I'll hold them off as best I can, you get everyone else to the Kreugan's. There is a portal there to take us to the next safehouse."
    Dodger takes a moment to think about the destination's location and where they currently were. If you looked in her eyes you could almost see the wheels turning. Her eyes flickered left, then right, then a slight head bob before letting her eyes go left again. Only after a few moments in silence did she respond.

"Well, here's the deal. I can get you to Kreugans, but there are two things. One most of the way I can give us some cover, but there is a section that will be out in the open. Two, and this is really the bad part, Kreugans is already held by the enemy."

She gives a slight smile and half hearted sigh as if it was a bad idea to go there, but it was a necessity.

"Alternatively, I know of a safer spot that is not held by the enemy."

She looked at Ankh to see what she might decide, or if she had any questions.

Ankh

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ankh shakes her head in dismay and sighs. "No love, it has to be the Kreugan's. I'm sorry. We'll just have to take that route and hope for the best. I think I can take anything that gets thrown at us. My concern is the non-combatants getting hurt. I can heal just about anything, but I need the patient to stay alive long enough to do so."

She shrugs, with no other alternatives. "Let's get the route figured out and start getting people ready then."

W
    War

Dodger acknowledges Ankh and the situation. She takes a moment to rerun the route in her head. She makes sure there are no other alternatives. As she double checks she remembers something.

"Ankh, there are two routes, one that is faster, but a little more exposed, and the second which is longer, but more safer. Which would you prefer?"

Beverely's face pales as the shouting begins, but she tenses her shoulders, forcing her voice into being calm. "Get ready to go down the stairs in double file, pick a partner now and keep an eye on each other. Falx, Henry, who's going to be leading us?"

PRE

Quote Originally posted by Khalvin:
    Spade listens in to Ankh and Dodger "Beverly, Your with Dodger and Ankh. Grab Jammer if you see him. Jack, Take this bag. Stick with Falx and Tam."

*snip*
    Jack finishes putting as much food as reasonable into his bag and slings it over his shoulders. He then also shoulders the duffel Spade pointed out, grabs his bat again, and heads over to Tam and Falx by the door to await orders.

((Technically, Jack's best combat skill is throwing followed by GTFOing [both aka Ath], but since neither is really the case here atm, melee is his best. Everyone would probably know this already.))

Page 15 of 18 First ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Last
Closed Thread