Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Dinner Bell

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

Forking more rice into her mouth she lets the sound of voices, new and familiar and warm surround her.

It was nice. (except for the beer talk.)

(fuck she needed some music)

"For the bathroom things and the tails. Oooh, pick a few different colors." Tuesday nods, dipping another spring roll into some sweet and sour sauce.

Thrope blushes, and Tuesday giggles, then Faye makes her addition and Tuesday's giggle's a little maniacal.

"I assume it's a Matter thing." Tuesday says to Dick, laughter dying down, then also to Dick, "What measure is that?" Curious Unicorn in Curious, "For all we know you're a Master of all three and I shouldn't be calling you Dick."
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Chuckling, “Not sure, but could you imagine the money we could make selling tickets? Oh, and plus popcorn and stuff, yup, total cash cow right there.” Of course for Awakened only.

“PI huh? Nice, been doing that for long?” or was it something he stumbled into?

Eyes widen, “Pineapple is a very underappreciated fruit!” her tone turning serious, well, kinda serious, she had a grin going too. “Don’t be shocked when you see me eating it straight from a can, I could live off the stuff I swear. And on a pizza just makes it better.” Yup, she liked her pineapple.

“I’m Life, Spirit and Matter. Life has been my main focus, I’m an AdaptThe other two are equal in my studies. Kinda want to learn some Space at some point, maybe Forces too. Don’t want to be a one trick pony who only focuses on healing and all that stuff.” A fork full was taken and chewed.

Amused eyes look to Thrope as he chokes or coughs, she then smirks, holding a beer out, “Need a drink?” she asks innocently, well, tries to sound innocent anyways. She fails, but doesn’t care.

“Yah! Another one for pineapple! Maybe I’ll have to keep my pineapple stash in my room.” Blue eyes narrow playfully at the two.

A nod was offered to Tuesday, “You got it, I’ll order ‘em tonight.” This was going to be awesome.

“Unless you combined the two…so Master Dick?” the Shaman was trying to be helpful, no, really she was.

O
    Oculus

Oculus notes as the tough-looking Shaman coughs and borders on choking. An invisible hand inside his head just oved the curiosity meter from "Interesting oddity" to "WTF is going on". If Faye didn't offer to pass him something to drink, he would've done so. That stuff is no joke.

"Yeah, I wish." Him, a Master of an Arcanum? Or more than one? Nope. "I'm merely an Apprentice in all three. Some call it indecisiveness, but I call it: versatility. And if you can't help but call me that, then I guess I'd have to live with it. At least until I grab my own water gun and we'll see who is wetter after we're done." A challenging smile is offered to the Hearthmaster "But before that day comes, it's... fine, I guess? Unless you decide to call me a dick."

He turns to Faye.

"A Foxy Circus? Featuring contortionists, shapeshifters and animated objects performing tricks? It's bound to be a hit." There might be time-shredding Seers at the doorstep, but they ain't gonna be there forever, and money has many uses. The idea is outlandish, but not impossible.

"Not really that long, no. A couple of years. Good times. The money wasn't so good, but it paid the bills. Besides, you know what they say - choose a job you love and you won't work a day in your life."

Another portion of rice with vegetables and beef fragments disappears from his plate. As does some of the beer beside him.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Chariot excuses himself and leaves.

Been a week since the player even logged in!
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Thrope
    Status (Criminals)
    Thrope

WID:
    Def 4 -OrgRes
    Armor 2 - OrgRes
    H: 1rb,1b/8 M: -3
    Paradox: 2/2 = +1
    Contagion Sta+2=-2
    Tracking

Written in Death

Armor: 2/2
    Defense: 4
    Health: 1rb1b/8
    Mana:
    Willpower:

Vulgar: 2/2 = +1 to Dox rolls
    Contagion: Sta+2 = -2 to spells
    Active Spells: 4/6

Spells:
    [2]Pulse of the Living World
    [2]Organic Resilience [+2 Def, +2 Arm]
    [4]Honing the Form[+3 Str]
    [2R]Transform Self[Claws, Cat Eyes]

Spells on Thrope by others:
    [1]Fireproof[from Michael]

Smoke on the Water

Spells:
    [1]Organic Resilience [+2 Def, +2 Arm]

PRE

"Hmm." Thrope nods at the suggestion of a drink. A good excuse to get away quickly and focus on something else. That said the Thyrsus turns and finds a glass for water and fills it up. Taking the time to try and not think about certain things. He freezes as Faye suggests keeping the pineapple in her room.

Californians really are more relaxed about this sort of stuff. The stasis breaks as Thrope chuckles and shakes his head. Turning back to the group a grin splits his face. "I'll stick with calling you Oculus." There has to be a limit to Dick jokes right? Choosing a job though...must be nice.

"I am a fan of pineapple though, its very good grilled."

6. Bump "Bump" this post
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

Tuesday sucks in a breath, holding it for a moment before expelling it, and glaring at the spot Chariot has occupied. What could be more important then Cabal-dinner-bounding?

Eye roll, and a reach to get her some sesame chicken. Eating it because. Not Getting into the Pizza Topic Debate.

But mental notes about Faye's pineapple love. She could totally learn how to pineapple something.

Hazels turn to the private Dick and smirks. "Are you saying you want to devote that much time to getting me wet?" yes. she was horrible.

"So snooping in other people's dirty laundry is what you love? Or is it the voyeuristic nature of the job?" totes serious question, yo.

Thrope get's his water and concerned hazels watch him. "You okay?" she knew he was quick to blush, but to sputter around his food. Choking. Not cool.

Mental note: Pineapple

Because seriously. Easy thing to have or learn to work with to keep Cabalios who really liked it happy.

8. Likes West liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Faye watches Chariot leave, a curious look on her face. She wasn’t sure what was more important than getting to know your Cabal, but whatever.

She smirks as she chews and watches the banter. It was nice, the friendly banter. It let her know that no one was too uptight and they could have fun with each other.

Her fork circles those in the room, “Now this? This is great! The way we can banter and no one gets all bent out of shape. Yup, awesome cause I don’t take myself too serious.” And knowing she could let that guard down in her Cabal was huge for her.

Eyes widen, “Oh! I like that, a Foxy Circus! Don’t forget that there is also fire breathing, eating and dancing. And we have Tuesdays music to bring it all together.” They had a full bill right there.
    Smiling with a nod, “I’ve heard that a few time, choosing a job you love. Glad you found one you love, makes it seem less like work sometimes.” Unless you’ve started to grow tired of your job and want to do something else.

“Ohh! Yes, grilled pineapple is amazing! And it can really add an interesting flavor to a steak! If you marinate it in pineapple juice, soy sauce and sherry, it’s amazing. I’ll have to make a few for you guys!” and if no one wanted the steak, Faye would gladly eat herself into a steak coma. “Wait, do we have a grill?” would be good to know before buying steaks and all that.

There was a cough and snort as she almost chokes on the sip of beer she had just taken. Amused blue eyes look to Tuesday, did she just say that?! As she manages to swallow her beer, a wide grin breaks across her face followed by a laugh.

“Wait, if that’s a thing, should we start keeping locks on our hampers?” the smirk returns.

10. Likes , West liked this post
    O
    Oculus

Just like he thought she would, the moment Tuesday scented blood, she went after it with the tenacity of a shark, razor-sharp teeth ready to shred the target with ridicule, sarcasm and irony. Does that, he thinks for a moment, make her the first carnivorous unicorn in the history of magical creatures?

God, if every one of their dinners is going to look like that....

"What can I say? The only goals worth pursuing are the ones that seem impossible at first, no? Given time, however, anything is possible. You may find yourself surprised one day."

Of course, he registered how many layers this question had... or could have. But to deconstruct it like that, in public, would be both embarrassing and extremely risky in terms of receiving a slap. Or an anvil that drops on you from the sky. You never know with those that could twist Fate itself.

"Tuesday, you a musician?" He couldn't picture her in a fancy school or with a tutor, but self-teaching was a thing too, right? "As evidenced today, you can sing, do you also play an instrument? And I don't know if we have a grill here, but if we don't I can make myself useful and bring one over."

He was kind of surprised to see so much attention towards a job he didn't technically have here. But hey, likely it was just another one of the Unicorn's attempts to get a laugh.

"Actually, dirty laundry is pretty low on my list of city souvenirs. It's boring, really. Everybody's unmentionables are really similar, whereas other things - trinkets, toys, cutlery, everything - they tell you a story. Same rule applies to cities. It's the little things that make up the complex organism. Once you can extract that story and look between its lines, finding people who lost their way home or who do not wish to be found is a simple matter."

There was a moment of silence.

"I guess what I'm trying to say that your hampers are safe. Your rooms too, I only let my voyeuristic tendencies go wild with people I don't share a roof and food with. Otherwise it'd be beyond rude."

As they exchanged words and thoughts, the Chariot-shaped void at the table was painfully apparent, blinding like staring directly at the Sun. Why did he leave?

Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

"That's why Vee Tee worked, we did shit like this all the time. Dinner, movies. Playing truth or dare. We did silly things, and not so silly things but it was together. That's...I miss it. Them. Why I was so gung ho to set up a new Cabal. I don't wanna force y'all into a Vee Tee shape, that's not fair. So I'm cool with this awesome new foxy shape." lopsided smile.

"But yeah. Music. My deal. Yeah. Singing. But also guitar. I have one and play it. It's my Baby. Don't touch my Baby." fork, littered with a few stray bits of rice points at each of her new Foxy Brethren. "I mean it. Remember the pre-heist. Remember the yelling?" questions for Faye. "Someone. Touched. My. Baby." welp, that was more growly then she intended. But it was an Issue. Serious One. With a frown Tuesday grabs another spring roll and pops it into her mouth.

"I-ink so...?" Tuesday tells Faye around her newest bite, "I mean if we do. It's on the roof patio thingy."

Tuesday chews as the private dick speaks. Did that sound preachy? Cause it sounded preachy to her. Cause yeah, did not need to exalt the virtues of the stuff when everyone sitting at this table new at least a little bit of Spirit. They all got it. At least kinda. So. Instead of a death-dick who when around solving murders there was a spirit one who went around talking to the Spirits of things to figure out stuff.

...but that might be assuming too much. Trying to pin magic where there wasn't any in use. "You're talking Spirit right? Or good o'fashioned detective work?" there. basses covered.

13. Likes West liked this post
    Thrope
    Status (Criminals)
    Thrope

WID:
    Def 4 -OrgRes
    Armor 2 - OrgRes
    H: 1rb,1b/8 M: -3
    Paradox: 2/2 = +1
    Contagion Sta+2=-2
    Tracking

Written in Death

Armor: 2/2
    Defense: 4
    Health: 1rb1b/8
    Mana:
    Willpower:

Vulgar: 2/2 = +1 to Dox rolls
    Contagion: Sta+2 = -2 to spells
    Active Spells: 4/6

Spells:
    [2]Organic Resilience [+2 Def, +2 Arm]
    [4]Honing the Form[+3 Str]
    [2R]Transform Self[Claws, Cat Eyes]

Spells on Thrope by others:
    [1]Fireproof[from Michael]

Smoke on the Water

Spells:
    [1]Organic Resilience [+2 Def, +2 Arm]

PRE

It's a slow nod. I'm good. Back home is a bit more stuck up than I realized. A small, forced, smile appears and slowly shifts into a real one. It feels good to talk.

"If we don't have one I'll buy one to try out those pineapples. We can throw some meat on there too." Time to google what goes good with pineapple. Eyes roam to where Chariot had been, where the hell did he go. Chopsticks level at Oculus as he says the magic words. "Good call." Definitely need to talk with him sometime about alternative income.

"I'm up for listening to what you all can sing and play. Music has never been a thing for me." The red has begun to fade as Thrope is distracted by the conversation and can breath better. "Spirits...are freaky. I've never seen something so focused on one thing."

15. Likes liked this post
Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread