Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
(WID) Written in Stone

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 14 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... Last
    Bolide

Nimbus:
    Light gathers and flickers around Bolide, and the roaring sound of a fast moving object like a jet or a meteor billows out from him.
    Bolide combat stats

+1
    SL
    PRE

As more faces began to enter the stage, Bolide finally did poke his head up to look around. No undead nearby, and the pair of bleachers by the exit looked especially promising.

"Dark and empty." He said to the Shaman as the rest of the group emerged. Chariot's glow sticks get an odd look for a second, but are accepted with a smile and a nod. Darkness wasn't really an issue for the Mighty, but he didn't want to refuse the Talons' gifts and concern.

"I think I have an idea." Bolide didn't bother whispering. With the rainfall and no zombies around he didn't think sound would be an issue. "There are a pair of bleachers by the front entrance. Campanella, can you use Matter to reshape them into a vented box? It'll give our Astral crew some armor and concealment, and if the bleachers have wheels we can move you guys if the zombies start to overwhelm our position."

The Apostate finished with a look to Thrope and his bulging muscles. Three guesses who was wheeling this thing around with any competency. "I'm thinking about shaping the rainwater into a bed of nails around the entrance. Might not work as well as caltrops, but it could slow them down. I can also reinforce the box if Campanella can pull it off. Other then that I got my sling and a knife for the zombies."

2. Likes Yumyumcrow, West liked this post

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Bolide can now see the cluster of bodies to the left is moving towards the bleachers and is the source of some of the screams. It's clear to him now that the group will be unable to approach the bleachers without discovering what the dark mass of bodies is.

The cluster to the right has begun dividing and some appear to be approaching the group's basin.

That's a Turn/Turns of movement from The Bad Guys triggered by Vulgar casting. PER checks can be made to estimate numbers or deduce intent/destinations.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Bolide

Nimbus:
    Light gathers and flickers around Bolide, and the roaring sound of a fast moving object like a jet or a meteor billows out from him.
    Bolide combat stats

+1
    SL
    PRE

Well that plan wasn't going to work until the group did some clean up.

"Rain check." Bolide whispered as he ducked his head back down. "Possible incoming on the right."

Forgot mods when I rolled, but it was a failure for perception anyway
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-05-03 22:21:09 Bolide rolls 5 to Perception (Wits+Comp) (10 Again) 5, 7, 3, 4, 4 failure

Double posting for perception and to realign with actual circumstances. I'll avoid jumping posts in the future.

5. Likes Yumyumcrow, West liked this post
    Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

Pop.pop.pop. And flashes of all kinds o'color. At least people where doing spells. But. Uh. Yeah. Rits makes everything better.

She's gonna have to start carrying a water gun so she can squirt people in the face when they wouldn't Rit, wasn't she?

A moment or two waiting to see if there'd be anymore pops, but nope. Everyone's here. Except eyeball dude. So much for him helping.

Faye gets a nod back, and as encouraging a grin as she can managed. Park Wars happened, and yeah it got messy, but back now, the Consilium didn't have any of them, and that matters. "Got a first aid kit, for when it's not, you know, good to be wasting mana on a scrape. Protean bars, and gatorade too. For you know. A pick me up."

Ring goes on her finger, and the Unicorn pops her head up after Bolide, hazels tracking movement and frowns. "More then just a rain check." rasp dry, "Bleaches are def a no go. And from the right..." the unicorn squints.

Perception 1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-05-03 22:56:48 Tuesday rolls 4 to Perception (Wits 2 + Composure 2 -3 +TO) (10 Again) 3, 1, 5, 8 1 success
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

7. Likes Kelreth, West liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Thrope gets a once over, cause new muscles. Kinda hot.

The growls tear her eyes away, this wasn’t going to fun. She wonders if they are the fast type zombies, or the slow ones. Either way, it was going to be battle.

Michael appears, a nod is given. Leveling the playing field would help, well, anything would help. But she had some experience now, thanks to her other time trip. She was going to be more careful, and kick more ass this time.

She accepts the glow sticks, tucking one into a pocket for later. Would make a big target on them, but would help with tossing spells on each other. Take the good with he bad.

Blue eyes look to Campanella and the rings, shaking her head, “Not for me, I’m gonna work on keeping our fighters alive and causing my own damage to these things.” That was her job now, keep people alive, she wouldn’t leave them to fight alone. Sure, Thrope can heal, but she has a feeling he’s gonna be kicking some zombie ass. Best stay here to back them up.

“I think the mud traps would help, delay them in one spot, give us time to get a few hits on them.”
    That was her two cents.

Boldie had an interesting idea. She wasn’t as well versed in Matter as Campanella, and wondered if he could that. Matter could shape and reshape things, maybe it could reshape the bleachers.

And when Boldie mentions possible baddie incoming, Faye looks to the right, but yeah, rain. She’s got nothing, but wasn’t about to doubt someone else.

No mana would be wasted on a scrape, not from her. You better be seriously injured to have her spend the mana and risk the Abyss. Like, arm falling off or you’re unconscious.

“Well, if we got movement, then we should be moving, or having a plan set to go.” Cause standing there and waiting was stupid. Least to this Shaman.

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-05-04 12:33:22 Faye rolls 2 to Perception (Wits+Comp) -3 Weather (10 Again) 4, 5 failure

9. Likes liked this post
    Bump West "Bump" this post
    Thrope
    Status (Criminals)
    Thrope

WID:
    Def 4 -OrgRes
    Armor 2 - OrgRes
    H: 1rb,1b/8 M: -3
    Paradox: 2/2 = +1
    Contagion Sta+2=-2
    Tracking

Written in Death

Armor: 2/2
    Defense: 4
    Health: 1rb1b/8
    Mana:
    Willpower:

Vulgar: 2/2 = +1 to Dox rolls
    Contagion: Sta+2 = -2 to spells
    Active Spells: 4/6

Spells:
    [2]Pulse of the Living World
    [2]Organic Resilience [+2 Def, +2 Arm]
    [4]Honing the Form[+3 Str]
    [2R]Transform Self[Claws, Cat Eyes]

Spells on Thrope by others:
    [1]Fireproof[from Michael]

Smoke on the Water

Spells:
    [2]Pulse of the Living World
    [1]Organic Resilience [+2 Def, +2 Arm]

PRE

"Thanks" Along with a nod to Chariot. Really prepared. Team prepared. Thrope frowns under the rain as pieces click together. Too long doing everything on your own is a sin, not something to be proud of. Something Thrope had scoffed at the first time he heard it.

"We need to get out of this bowl. Think about it, all the things have to do is fall in and then it gets bad." Except it's dark as shit and Thrope can feel the strain of will on his body already. Something that can see in the dark would help but make it harder to truly dig into a fight.

"Ya I don't like the idea of staying in here." And no easy way to get out of here. "I can help boost everyone out. Having people go under here is a deathwish." The Arrow moves to the opposite wall from where it seems like the bleachers would be.

Thrope moves to the southern edge of the bowl, ready to help people out if they do so.

11. Likes West, liked this post
    Talon Chariot
    Chariot

Status (Adamantine Arrow) •

Nimbus: Chariot's Nimbus is a sense of cold, implacable heaviness, like lead weights and the grasp of the dead.
    Peter Byrne
    Written In Death

Monthy Rituals

Armor: 4 (3 v.firearms)
    Defense: 2

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

Vulgars: 1
    Active Spells: 6
    Personal Spells: 5

[5R] Dark Matter
    [5R] Unseen Aegis (Armor 3)
    [6] Eye For Destruction (v.Undead)
    [4] Shape Liquid (Vol 3, Dur 1 dome over Tuesday)
    [6] Armor Piercing (Axe, AP 1)
    [3] Alter Accuracy (Axe, +9a) [1]
    [3R] Bestow Exceptional Luck (From Tuesday, +9a) [2]

"Tch." Chariot shakes his head. "Campanella, the Astral team needs a bunker. The necromancer had guns and grenades in the future, I don't want to find out if they have them now because the astral team gets hit with them outside cover. And if you could give us a wall or two to break up the horde we'd appreciate it!"

Eyes Up 2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-05-05 13:37:09 Chariot rolls 6 to Eyes Up (Wits 3 + Composure 3 - Weather 3 + Trained Observer 3) (10 Again) 6, 7, 4, 3, 10, 4, 10, 3 2 successes
    Adamantine Arrow Necromancer
    Ritual Effects: Dark Matter (Pot 5), Unseen Aegis (Pot 5)
    Combat: Defense 2; Armor 4 (3 v.Firearms); Speed 10

13. Likes Yumyumcrow, West liked this post

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

The darkness and stinging rain both distort perception and make it hard to focus. Fortunately Tuesday and Chariot have steely gazes. They both see the same thing.

The pack to the far left is shambling away; limbs flail, and they are definitely doing Something Bad To Someone(s). The pack to the right has diverted towards the bowl the Mages are in. It's a plodding shuffle, but relentless.

There's also a dark figure behind the group to the right, unmoving. Staring back at the groundhogs peeping.

It won't be long*.

* One more 'round robin' of posting, but limited to 3 Actions (or less). Overflow will be stricken out/redacted.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

15. Likes Yumyumcrow, liked this post
    A.k.a. Father Michael
    Archangel Michael
    NIMBUS

The Archangel:
    Wings of fire spread from his back when he works vulgar magic.
    Written in Death

Defense 5
    Speed 9
    Armor 2

Total Mana 10/11

Health:
    Mana:
    Willpower: (3 used)

Spells:
    [2]Supernal Vision[Scene]
    [4]Light Mastery [Scene]
    [1]Fireproofing - Tuesday, Chariot, Thrope and himself [Scene]

[4]Faye's Organic Shield -2 Armor/2 defense[Scene]

Active Spells:3
    Personal Spells:3 (-1 at spellcasting)

Doxx Count: 1

(+3 die at spellcasting/Light Mastery)Willpower 1 Spent
    PRE

The Archangel nods to Campanella as a new set of orange glyphs come into existence above their heads. A beam of light appears from nothing, comparable to a floodlight in intensity and illuminates the immediate area for the fighters to do their fighting.

"I'm heading into Astral Space with you guys. Hope this little trick can be of some use to you guys staying behind." A sigh as he extends a hand toward the mystagogue. He still needs the ring. "Time to set some defenses up, amigo. I'd be glad to help before we go."

Paradox/failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-05-05 14:54:43 Archangel Michael rolls 1 to Paradox for Light Mastery(base 1- 1 from vulgar/disciple - 1 from magical tool) (Chance) 2 failure

Light Mastery/4 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-05-05 14:55:51 Archangel Michael rolls 8 to Cast Light Mastery(GNO+Forces+WP) (10 Again, WillPower) 9, 7, 7, 5, 3, 10, 9, 9, 5 4 successes

Michael used Light Mastery to create a source of light ten meters (about 32 feet I think) above their head to illuminate the surroundings.

17. Likes Macavity liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

(WP for spells)Willpower 2 Spent
    PRE

"Right." The Moros nodded and set to work.

First he hurried over to where Bolide and Thrope stood waiting. He scrabbled up enough to get several glances of the landscape before he set to work, his mind whirling...

...A sea of thick, viscous mud to slow the zombie horde down; sucking mud to hold them in place and draw them down back into the earth. It would slow, but not stop. Hinder an advance and give his comrades time to pick off the creatures. Or maybe transmute his muddy slew into something else.

Date Action Roll Result
    2017-05-05 21:55:43 Campanella to cast Lesser Transmogrification rolls 3 to GNO + Matter - Area (10 Again, WillPower) 2, 7, 1 failure
    2017-05-05 21:53:14 Campy's Dox rolls 1 to Dox - Dedicated Path and Order Tools (10 Again, Chance) 8 failure

...A rampart of concrete he saw in his minds eye. A crude wall and firing platform with steps on one side to allow his comrades free reign up and down the bowl. No, not a bowl. For the bowl supplied the concrete for the ramparts construction. The bowl was the fortification. It would be a crude bunker, but it would serve as a starting point. And he had no time for creative thinking.

Date Action Roll Result
    2017-05-05 22:06:27 Campanella to cast Reconfigure Object rolls 5 to GNO + Matter - Area (10 Again, WillPower) 7, 2, 10, 9, 6, 6 2 successes
    2017-05-05 21:58:56 Campy's Dox rolls 1 to Dox - Dedicated Path and Order Tools (10 Again, Chance) 8 failure

Brown sparks lit up and whirled as he carved the glyphs, one after the other. So fast was his working that he could not tell which of his spells folded mere moments after inception. Not till the earth growled. Or did it growl? Campanella could only here the rain, his beating heart, and the sound of his own frustration given voice as his threads cut into his waving hands.

Hopefully the spellcasting is correct. I tried to make a sea of mud but it didn't take. West I am hoping that the bowl can be considered a discrete "object" in that is a large sculpted concrete block set into the ground. I'm not too cluey on size and volumes but perhaps some 20 cubic yards is sufficient for the wall at least? Guess I'll know soon enough I haven't explicitly mentioned a place for the Astral team to rest as I'm not sure I had sufficient volume to do that.

We had three actions. I felt that two spells and narrating a move and glance would cover that. If not... gods help us
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

19. Bump West "Bump" this post
Page 2 of 14 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... Last
Closed Thread