Freehold Leadership

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last

0 Scenes

With take a tangent and run with it ~

But. Right. Focus.

Yes.

Let's do this. No Freehold Oath, and a new simplified (and familiar) structure that'll survive the fluid nature of the venue.

2. Likes West liked this post
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

Yes.

Simplify things and take the emphasis off the Courts - there are not enough Ling's to make the Court's "count" right now. One or two Ling's does not make a viable Court. I do like the idea of the Seasonal Monarch's acting as a kind of advisor, should any arise (and the corresponding numbers tied to a given Court would give them the clout they need for the position).

2-3 Freehold titles fits the venue's needs right now.

It doesn't mean the seasonal courtier's can't maintain the festivals if they wish to. Ling was dynamic in that regard - plenty of festivals / events to choose from over the year.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

I think we -are- going to give these titles/functions a go, unless someone vehemently objects and can offer an alternative which addresses all the problems at hand.

Feel free to submit naming suggestions for the three titles, and I'll try to tally up what we come up with.

I'll give this a day or two and barring a better alternative, throw up polls for the three positions.

We'll knock out Fairweather, Funderland, and hierarchy all in one mass move rather than trying to seep in the changes slowly ICly. Doing a mass hand-wave and letting everyone dive into absorbing the changes worked just fine in Mage and let everyone start playing with the new toys and incorporating them into RP immediately.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

5. Likes , Yumyumcrow liked this post

0 Scenes

Informally/OOCly HFiC works for me!

But I actually like Castellan, since they'd be in charge and taking care of the Freehold.

Maybe the Harpy/Herald/Pledgemaster could simply become the Notary, or Archivist?

Still like Huntsmater for Sheriff, so the the Deputies could be Hounds - and it adds to the fae themes, or at least taking what they took from us/gave to us and making it our own. But then again, that might be exactly what someone's Durance was and that might bring up uncomfortable memories...hmm.

Though I like the idea of the Glaive. It's a strikingly descriptive word, and different then any that have been used/in use. Then for Deputies, I like the idea that they could also be Deputized with a new name/title of a weapon that signifies their role or proficiency.

Talon Chariot
    Chariot

Status (Adamantine Arrow) •

Nimbus: Chariot's Nimbus is a sense of cold, implacable heaviness, like lead weights and the grasp of the dead.
    Peter Byrne
    Written In Death

Monthy Rituals

Armor: 4 (3 v.firearms)
    Defense: 2

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

Vulgars: 1
    Active Spells: 6
    Personal Spells: 5

[5R] Dark Matter
    [5R] Unseen Aegis (Armor 3)
    [6] Eye For Destruction (v.Undead)
    [4] Shape Liquid (Vol 3, Dur 1 dome over Tuesday)
    [6] Armor Piercing (Axe, AP 1)
    [3] Alter Accuracy (Axe, +9a) [1]
    [3R] Bestow Exceptional Luck (From Tuesday, +9a) [2]

Would "Huntmaster" be too close to the mythology of what the True Fae are?

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

The leader of the Freehold.
    - Advised by Seasonal Sovereigns
    - Can welcome / eject members of the Freehold

Cast your vote. Suggest a title. Votes are secret.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

The harpy of the Freehold.
    - Records / observes Pledges

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

The sheriff of the Freehold.
    - Enforcer. Guardian. Patrolman.
    - Can Deputize.

0 Scenes

Informally/OOCly HFiC works for me!

But I actually like Castellan, since they'd be in charge and taking care of the Freehold....
    Though West made an interesting point these roles could be named after carnival/circus themes.

Like Ringmaster, Headliner, or even Boss could work.

0 Scenes

....Maybe the Harpy/Herald/Pledgemaster could simply become the Notary, or Archivist?...
    Though West made an interesting point these roles could be named after carnival/circus themes.

Like the Fortune Teller, Fire Eater, Sword Sallower, Coordinator might work,

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
+ Reply to Thread