Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1704) Sanctuary 6

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 5 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

With talk turning to the War at hand, some might choose to look at the Clock for answers. In a month (May 1 since this is a Sticky) it will open again to visions darkness.

Black skies over a concrete jungle, with flashes of lightning overhead illuminating dozens of...

...undead. Shuffling, rotten, moaning and gnashing zombies. In the distance are flashes of supernal light and screams of pain, but this vision that reeks of decay with the icy grip of death focuses on a singular individual. Focuses on and through, to a silvery thread through his Oneiros and out into the Temenos. An Astral beacon to a Temotic vault of knowledge that needs to be severed.

The Acanthus will place the time less than a decade ago - 2009. The Mastigos will know the Space as... Sacramento.

The Arrows might find reference to it in their local histories as... Park Wars.

Here's the windup for RW4. The idea here being that the 'combat team' will need to hold off the zombies while the 'Astral team' uses Campanella's discovery to Astral dive and sever the link/destroy the zombie master's link. Have fun working this into the ongoing convo and sorting it out.

Note: This will be classic zombie fighting. It will be a grind. We will count ammunition, we will watch Mana levels.
    Last edited by West; Apr 10th, 2017 at 11:24 AM.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

2. Likes Xander, Yumyumcrow, liked this post
    Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

Thrope gets a look from the unicorn like she'd just seen a kitten do something incredibly stupid but also adorable at the same time. "Time isn't that breakable. It's not a glass pane that just shatters. Mutable. Shifting. Cause and Effect. Ripples. Better things to think of Time as."

"Okay." says the Unicorn as she shifts from just sitting on the pew to acrobaticsing herself so her butt was on the back of the pew opposite and her feet were now where her butt had been. Now she could see all the peoples and not have to keep shifting around and straining her neck. "Yeah, we have the Clock that Arthur and a few other Master made. It's right there." Tuesday uses her thumb to point. "I don't think the Seers have a Clock of their own, I'm pretty sure that their dee-bag Masters are just lettin' 'em go through Time all willy-nilly. I think the Clock responds to that energy or something. Now the murder doll and the radio isn't apart of the War. It's actually something Star's uh-colleagues have sent us to do. Because reasons."

Guardians. Enough said.

(Even if she's trying to debate between Arrowing or Guardianing herself)

"What is up with all the Matter?" Tuesday did not get it. And besides, Star's already scolding the peeps around stuff, a Seer Thingy. Soooo not something they wanted to keep. It made Tuesday's soft and delicate skin crawl just being around it.

"Sure things have been rewritten. But not broken. Mutable. Remember? And the Circle, the Clock. Arthur knew this was coming. He was pretty badass with all those years on him. Give him a couple Masters to work with and Rit up something. I can totally believe the Circle's survival. And for why those dee-bag are picking those points...it's because-" That moment Tuesday turns her head, looking at the Clock to order her thoughts only to find it working again. Her Soul shudders. Visions spin and twist her mind, "Oh nine." she says, dismissing the other part of the conversation. Whys didn't matter, not when the Clock was already making her body thrum with it's tick tock. "That's the new When....in a city with a bunch of fucking zombies...but also Astral?"

She gives out a gusty sigh. Her heart's rhythm already replaced by the tick-tock-tick, "Doc. I need a second opinion." a beat. "Someone else give the fucking Clock a once over."
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

4. Likes Xander, Yumyumcrow, West liked this post
    Thrope
    Status (Criminals)
    Thrope

WID:
    Def 4 -OrgRes
    Armor 2 - OrgRes
    H: 1rb,1b/8 M: -3
    Paradox: 2/2 = +1
    Contagion Sta+2=-2
    Tracking

Written in Death

Armor: 2/2
    Defense: 4
    Health: 1rb1b/8
    Mana:
    Willpower:

Vulgar: 2/2 = +1 to Dox rolls
    Contagion: Sta+2 = -2 to spells
    Active Spells: 4/6

Spells:
    [2]Pulse of the Living World
    [2]Organic Resilience [+2 Def, +2 Arm]
    [4]Honing the Form[+3 Str]
    [2R]Transform Self[Claws, Cat Eyes]

Spells on Thrope by others:
    [1]Fireproof[from Michael]

Smoke on the Water

Spells:
    [1]Organic Resilience [+2 Def, +2 Arm]

PRE

The look isn't concerning. Thrope knows he's ignorant of some things. He nods as the Unicorn Councilor clears up what Time is. Pretty boy might fit with the Bookies though. If he understands how things work. Rebels can cool off and join one of the Diamond or throw in with the Libertines and round out the Pentacle. Got to pick a side somewhere. A hand reaches out and snags the card before it hits the ground. Not graceful by any means though. A quick read and its pocketed as Thrope nods about the laws being around.

See that's why Thrope likes Mystagogues, the work may be boring as hell but they're great for knowing things. A quip dies as Thrope follows Camp's nod towards the Clock. "Holy shit." Now that's fucking scary right there.

"Zombies..... so." The Arrow looks around the room before asking, because it has to be asked. "How loud can we be exactly, in the past?" Doubly so if Time is fully malleable. No one needs to become their own ancestor.

6. Likes Xander, Yumyumcrow, , West liked this post
    M
    Marguerite

She raised an eyebrow as Bolide looked to her. She flicked her head away, causing a rush of her hair to spill over her shoulder as Star laid it out about the artifacts. Seemed reasonable enough to her. She was thankful that Tuesday cleaned up the playing field a little more until her attention seemed pulled taut and Marguerite followed. Her eyes widened with the visions, the silvery link tied to that vile knowledge the most troubling to her. "They won't even let the dead rest." she muttered in disgust. "But it does seem that you have many angels watching if this cataclysm did not wipe the slate clean. It does show some kind of restraint on their power, even if their masters can give their stooges free entry." She could offer no guess as to a through line of the places, with only grand events as the connector, particularly since scholar of history wasn't on her resume.

"Not just loud," she added to Thrope's solid point, "But what of all the trappings too? Technology, clothing, products, even money it changes." She didn't know much about time but it couldn't just give a person all those things in transit, could it? "If I cannot find a place in the front lines, I could gather such things. I am not without some means for that." She wasn't quite sure she would be much help with a Heist, let alone jumping into some time sewer pipe with a zombie surprise at the end. She wasn't so proud as to not play errand girl, if it would save them on needing to waste energy on illusions, for such a thing at least.

Bolide

Nimbus:
    Light gathers and flickers around Bolide, and the roaring sound of a fast moving object like a jet or a meteor billows out from him.
    Bolide combat stats

+1
    SL
    PRE

Star's short bus comment was not met with an approving look, but what he was saying after that did. The Shroud was safe, and Bolide was content to move forward to other matters. Other matters like apparently the zombie apocalypse. It seemed easy enough to deduce what needed to be done, but the thought of the smells and gore that had to go into doing it made his skin crawl.

"Yeah, zombies." Bolide looked nervously to folks as talk of the zombie army began. There were many things you could expect on your first day at a new concilium, but that was a glimpse of something a bit bigger then recognition and learning some rules. "I'll pack the stain stick and Bounty."

The Theurgist paused a moment as a smirk crept across his anxious face. "Seriously though, it looks like a few people need to follow that thread and everyone else needs to stop them from getting eaten. I can go with you guys and Matter up some adhesives, maybe shape and reinforce the terrain a little while more qualified individuals bash some undead skulls?"

Noncombat newb knew his skill set, and it was not pretending he was Belkar Bitterleaf.

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

For a long, drawn out, moment Campanella stared at the mechanism.

"I volunteer for the astral expedition," he declared. He pulled himself wearily into the present so that much of the effect of his declaration was lost.

Scratching at a grainy cheek, he added: "I wonder... I think the Obelisk dust might be able to help with that."

He turned his gaze back to Thrope. "I'm not sure, exactly. If its away from the eyes of Sleepers, then surely that would be acceptable. I know from my experience on the... ah... Bastille raid... I get the feeling that the course of history was not overly changed. But things may have started earlier. Than before. But I can't find anything apart from my own recollections to argue that." Yes, Campanella had checked the history books to be certain.
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

10. Likes , West liked this post
    Thrope
    Status (Criminals)
    Thrope

WID:
    Def 4 -OrgRes
    Armor 2 - OrgRes
    H: 1rb,1b/8 M: -3
    Paradox: 2/2 = +1
    Contagion Sta+2=-2
    Tracking

Written in Death

Armor: 2/2
    Defense: 4
    Health: 1rb1b/8
    Mana:
    Willpower:

Vulgar: 2/2 = +1 to Dox rolls
    Contagion: Sta+2 = -2 to spells
    Active Spells: 4/6

Spells:
    [2]Organic Resilience [+2 Def, +2 Arm]
    [4]Honing the Form[+3 Str]
    [2R]Transform Self[Claws, Cat Eyes]

Spells on Thrope by others:
    [1]Fireproof[from Michael]

Smoke on the Water

Spells:
    [1]Organic Resilience [+2 Def, +2 Arm]

PRE

This is starting to look like it's going to suck. Less people who can fight means more people to protect. More Mages to protect.

"Started earlier? I don't like the sound of that. Also we better be away from Sleepers. I don't want to deal with pissed off mages coming to town asking why we threw a zombie rave."

"Ok I'm going to ignore the whole, possibly re-writing time thing. Because frankly it makes my head hurt trying to think of what would change." Thrope cracks his neck and looks at the Clock-Thing again. "Any way we can learn more? Like what it's going to be like on the otherside? If we're going to have people going under I don't want to be in the middle of a field."

12. Likes , Yumyumcrow liked this post
    A.k.a. Father Michael
    Archangel Michael
    NIMBUS

The Archangel:
    Wings of fire spread from his back when he works vulgar magic.
    Written in Death

Defense 5
    Speed 9
    Armor 2

Total Mana 10/11

Health:
    Mana:
    Willpower: (3 used)

Spells:
    [2]Supernal Vision[Scene]
    [4]Light Mastery [Scene]
    [1]Fireproofing - Tuesday, Chariot, Thrope and himself [Scene]

[4]Faye's Organic Shield -2 Armor/2 defense[Scene]

Active Spells:3
    Personal Spells:3 (-1 at spellcasting)

Doxx Count: 1

PRE

Michael gaze drifts as the clock gives him the glimpses of what is to come.

"I'm going into the Astral, as well. I'm sorry but I'd be more of a nuisance than a help in the frontline."
    he admits bitterly. "I will do better in the Astral."

Silently, the priest watches how everything will unfolds. In fact, Michael had nothing else to add into the discussion... At least not after what they've seen. He hides his shaking hands into his pocket. Hiding emotions could prove fruitless among the Awakened, but he tries so anyways.

14. Likes , Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

Tuesday keeps staring at the Clock.

The thrumming tick-tock-tick, settling out within her blood and Soul.

Zombies. Threads. Astral.

Astral

It rings. Vibrating within her.

A touch of Destiny, perhaps.

"I'm heading to Astral too." firm, resolute.

There would be no pushing the unicorn from this notion, no siree bob.

"Normally, the Clock sends us some place, and we figure it out as we go. But somewhere in oh nine...that's easier to plan for them somewhere in seventeen something or whenever else." but yeah, with all the zombies, and her being super duper vulnerable...yeah. No. she didn't want to be out in a field either. "But if we are in a field in the middle of no where. You Matter folk can Matter up defenses, walls and all that good stuff right?" There had to be a reason for all the Matter right?
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

M
    Marguerite

"I am afraid that I may only slow the front guard down. It is not my skill set," not that she was exactly sure what that would be within the group quite yet.

"And a strong bond should be had for navigating the Astral, I would not want to burden any of you there either. I will help with this Heist, but all of my resources, such as they are, are available should they be needed in making sure that everyone is as prepared as can be." It was the best she could offer them for the moment. None of this was what she had expected, being sent here for safety from the Seers only to find their tendrils grasping this land too.

She finally sat herself down at the edge of the pew, if she could not truly offer help at least she could pay attention to as close to her first battle plan meeting as she'd yet had.

Page 5 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
Closed Thread