Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Man In Black I

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

Tuesday hums, while she give the brunette a nod. Her cooler definitely wasn't old fashioned, but admitting that she wasn't much of a drinker here didn't seem like a wise idea. "A little chaos never hurt any one. Pick a number between one and twenty." a low number would be the whiskey, a middling one the vodka, and a high number the tequila.

Tuesday wanted to click her tongue. Because this was feeling weird. Why, the heck was this feeling so awkward?

"So...I haven't see you around here before." and that was the truth, considering this was Tuesday's first visit.
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ale felt her cell vibrate in her pocket, taking the phone out and seeing the message a look of concern appears on her face, she gets up and leaves the scene.

Ale has excited the scene
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Jack waited. And stared. And crossed his arms. And waited. And Stared. And leaned back. And waited...

He'd wait until Gorilla Grod put the mug down. Then give the table a swift, quick kick to upend the glass into his lap.

"That."
    Long fingers came out and up, spread in a defensive 'Whoah' gesture. "Kick the table. Flip the script. Call it what you want. Point is? Do you have to play the game everyone else is playing to get what you want?"

Look around, Big Guy. Lotta rules breakers here.

"When your enemy attacks, retreat. When they retreat, attack. Sun Tzu, the Art of War. So. Are you playing their game, or yours? Also, I'll have another sidecar when you're ready to start paying for this advice."

They'd count the gian's spilt drink as the one Jack offered to buy. Everyone's square.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

4. Likes Cayce, Yumyumcrow, liked this post

Bea
    Bea

PRE

"I know you said to choose a number 'between', Bea replied after a moment, "but the best is barely good enough, as my grandmother used to say, and so my number is 20. What will that get me?"

She was curious how the woman would respond. Bea still wasn't entirely sure how the girl had gotten in here. Bea ordinarily would have guessed that she was someone's "plus one" except that she seemed to be alone. And despite her comment about chaos, she looked a little too well put together to be some kind of radical activist.

"And I haven't been here often. I've been a bit busy lately. Don't tell me I've missed karaoke night," she replied wryly. "I would hate to miss seeing someone like that crooning into a microphone.

A nod of her head indicated the Giant, and the "unfortunate" accident with his drink.
    Bea ("Bee"). Daeva, Carthian Movement. Pres 2 (Unimpressed).

6. Likes , Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

Hazels flick over to the women, and a smirk curls her lips, "Rum." Obviously. "Of the pina colada verity. Tiny umbrella included."

Not quite a regular, but not a first timer either. Awesome. The Unicorn can deal with this.

"Oh yeah. Totally missed it. There were prizes and everything. Awesome coupon books." deadpan, black face. The unicorn holds it until her eyes were drawn to the giant sharing a table with NotStar. A snort, that gave way to a back of a laugh. "Oh yeah. His set. It was something to see. Sublime. It was the pinnacle of perfection...brought me to tears." her words of course were undercut with laughter.

Bea
    Bea

PRE

"Are you sure the tears weren't just from your tongue rebelling against your taste in drinks?" Bea replied, her eyebrows raising. Normally she wasn't one to judge, but if there was one drink she couldn't stand, it was rum. She wasn't entirely sure why, but it had always felt wrong going down, and she sure as hell didn't want to have to put up with it coming back up now that she was...beverage challenged.

"I'll tell you what, though,"
    she added after a moment. "Since you've been a sport, I'll buy your next drink, but I'm going to stick with tequila...and look at that, you did help me choose."

A wry smile on her lips, she waved the bartender down, and specified the top shelf.

"Now then,"
    she said, turning back to her intriguing little companion, "what is it, exactly, that you do?"
    Bea ("Bee"). Daeva, Carthian Movement. Pres 2 (Unimpressed).

9. Likes liked this post
    Freehold Pledge: Winter
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Emergency Services) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3
    Malcolm Green, the Mountain

WP: 4/4
    Health: 10/10
    Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

(+1 Investigation, +1 Intimidation) - Winter 2016

Freehold Pledge

(+1 Streetwise) - Winter 2016

Dragon's Bane Pledge

(+3 Faerie Favour) - Spring 2017
    Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

Green froze.

A thought fluttered through his head of another life where he might have decked the other guy for that. It wasn't that he really felt the cold wetness of the spilled drink, nor did he register the emotional impact of embarrassment. He stared at the wet patch on his trousers.

Then he looked across the table.

And grunted.

"Huh! I take your point. So what do you do when you don't know where the... uh... table... is. Yeah? 'Cause. Like. If I knew where the table was I'd be happy to flip it."

Or did the mundy guy mean for him to set the whole city on fire just to spite the mortal agents of a Dragon. Sometimes being a rock sucked - especially when trying to work out shady dealings with mundane folk.

11. Likes liked this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Hey, I might be awesome, but I'm not psychic."

Psychic? That's Jack's wife. And for all the angel knew this guy was talking about trying to get a monopoly on Big & Tall shoes.

"There is no table."
    Long finger splayed over it. "Just like a spoon. The table is a Lie, bro. A limitation, a constraint, the rules that you've agreed to play by. Think about what it is you want, without the table."

This was gold. Someone should be writing this down.

The Tao of Star.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

13. Likes Cayce, Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

"Au contraire mon ami." Her accent is a crime against nature. Not even the distinctive rasp of her words can salvage that wreck. "I don't drink rum. I only like the song. " a wink and a hum. "And I'm never apposed to a festive decoration!" in reference to the little umbrella she included in the women's order.

"Cool beans. And see, sometimes it's just that moment. Like with heads or tails. Like, heads I'll get a whatever. And tails, a doodad. And in that moment when it's in the air...you know you want a thingamabob."

The women got her tequila, and Tuesday got a question.

"Oh, that's easy. I busk." and hazels are a'sparkling.

Freehold Pledge: Winter
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Emergency Services) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3
    Malcolm Green, the Mountain

WP: 4/4
    Health: 10/10
    Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

(+1 Investigation, +1 Intimidation) - Winter 2016

Freehold Pledge

(+1 Streetwise) - Winter 2016

Dragon's Bane Pledge

(+3 Faerie Favour) - Spring 2017
    Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

"There is no table..."

Green blinked. "...Just like a spoon. The table is a lie."

Yes. No. Maybe. Green was not one to think deeply on such things. But - he had been a mountain. In a land that wasn't a land but the writhing forms of others trapped like him, in the mad embrace of a Fae. So... With a wince to show how painful this lateral thinking was, Green meditated for a moment.

If Green had been a mountain and someone else had been the sea, why couldn't a spoon be a person? Or one of them metaphors for other things. Does one eat with the news? No - bad analogy. News is information. The spoon is a tool. But you can use a tool to eat the news? No! Use a tool to sift the news.

Yes. That does sound much better.

Green caressed patted the table affectionately.

"There. There. Buddy - we'll get you home soon." It was supposed to be a whisper, and the big guy, it probably was. Star could hear it quite keenly from where he was sitting.

Green blinked again and looked wearily over at the other man.

"You good at connecting dots? I'm looking for dots. Dots tell you thinks, right? Uhm. Well. I'm looking for the dots so I can get the big picture, you know what I'm saying. Trying to find someone, see." A deliberate pause. No that was not quite right. "Uhm. Well. Someone has a hand in some big business, see. I'm trying to find where they at. Where they play."

So I can piss on it.

At least Green managed to clamp his mouth shut on that tidbit.

Damn, working with people was hard.

16. Likes Cayce, liked this post
Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread