Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Bea calling Jesse

THREADID

Bea
    Bea

PRE

Now that Bea had spent a few weeks in the Domain and gotten a better lay of the land, it was clear that it was time to began making some moves. Small ones. Subtle ones.

She dialed Jesse's number.

*ring ring* *ring ring*
    Bea ("Bee"). Daeva, Carthian Movement. Pres 2 (Unimpressed).

2. Likes Acheron liked this post

Bea
    Bea

PRE

THe phone kept ringing. He must be busy...

4. Likes West liked this post

Hugh Everwood

PRE

Wasn't so much that Jesse was busy as much as having forgotten his phone when going out, but he did eventually pick up having gone home to retrieve it. Can't be a respectable anything these days without having a phone at the ready at all times now.

"Jesse's here," he said as he picked up the call, dropping down onto his couch where he left it lying about, "who's there?"

Bea
    Bea

PRE

"Jesse," Bea replied, "it's Bea. I'm glad you picked up. You're one of the few people in this city that's actually worth knowing, so I was hoping that, perhaps, we could get to know each other. Like I said at the club: it'll be worth your time."

Hugh Everwood

PRE

Jesse dropped down onto his couch, arm stretching out along its backrest as he tilted his head back with a non-committal noise.

"Did say something about it being worth my time," Jesse agreed, remembering their little chat back at the Formal Court, though no actual plans about meeting were made at the time. Might all have gone under with William's banishment to the barrens.

Jesse still suspected this was about luring him to join the Movement, but might be something else as well. Either way, Jesse didn't mind none to go meet her.

He chuckled at her words. "Flattery'll get you far. Well, piqued my curiosity, you did. Could make with meeting you tonight," what he had meant for the night could wait for another, wasn't nothing fancy, "or if you rather we can make it some other evening. Got enough time to know each other."

Bea
    Bea

PRE

"Tonight would be wonderful. You have any place you'd like to meet, or shall I pick up and we can go for a drive?" Bea asked

I'm fine waiting until you have your keyboard issue resolved Acheron , just let me know what you'd like to do.

Hugh Everwood

PRE

Jesse clicked his tongue thoughtfully, but taking a drive might be better and more private than any location that'd pop in his mind right now.

"Nah, got no place for no meeting so going for a drive sounds swell. You can pick me up at [location] and I'll be waiting for you there." It was a few blocks away from his actual place of residence. No reason other than being careful.

Wasn't that he didn't trust her. Only with Kindred it was sometimes better to be safe rather than sorry.

Probably wasn't so hard to find if someone went looking anyway.

Ah, thanks! It's resolved, fortunately, so we can get the scene going. Would you prefer to start it or should I?

Bea
    Bea

PRE

"I'll be by soon," Bea replied, before cutting the line.

If you start it, I'll be grateful forever!

11. Likes Acheron liked this post
Closed Thread