Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Sailing into the New Year

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

"Is that so?" Campanella chuckled in reference to the garden. "I very much doubt that. It sounds such a peaceful place. My sanctuary is my apartment. Its... Up high in down town. From it I'm safely cocooned from the world and I can look down on the streets below. And on the World Peace Rose Gardens..."

He slipped into silence for a moment.

"I agree completely about the books," he said returning to an earlier theme. "A good book has weight. Not just a physical presence but... I don't know the word... A metaphysical one? There is so much more meaning in the printed page than in a tablet. A tablet is a tool. A book is... more... I think."

He moved slightly.

"I love old books. The binding. The paper - not cheap pulp but good rag stock that lasts for centuries. The smell of them. The feel. Even the sound of them, as you turn the pages. Its comforting."

He looked at his companion thoughtfully.

"You have a favourite genre or specific interest?" He dropped the question, idly wondering what (or if) he'd turn up something interesting.
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

2. Likes , West liked this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Well, I s'pose when you do a lot of odd jobs, you pick up different things. But I sure can't claim to be expert at none."

It's True. Jack knows a little bit about a lot of stuff. Enough to sound like he knows more. But maybe he does know more about engines. Combustion? Things that go boom. Explosive energy. Like a Shaman with forestry.

"Hideaway lights? Yeaaaaah."
    There's a wistful tone there. "My dream car was always the Acura NSX. Know that one? I know it's an import but the first time I ever saw that car... wow. Just, wow. Killed me the last few years it was in production and they ditched the hiders. Your Torino, was it That Car? The first one you ever saw that just blew you away?"

Sometimes you See a thing and Just Know.

"So I don't know. I see what you mean about the motor? And, sure, who wants a purty car without any get up and go. Kind of like people, I figure. Different strokes for different folks. Might be pistols, too, but all I know about them is mostly smithin'. Rodeos are full of trick shot artists, and they're always messin' with their gear. Filing off sight posts, sear plates, hammer pins. Got to be a world of difference between using a gun to shoot targets and putting them to their real use."

Like magic.

"Wager a guess you carry a piece as big and loud as your car?"
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Defense: 3 +1
    Heath: Willpower
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:
    HS Choker+1 Defense, -1g. Sparation3 -1g

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

Mhairi makes a sound of agrement, as she nods with a smile, "It can be," until she heard the pitter-patter above her head telling her Morgan was on the roof again, or the fire alarm going off, telling her someone might have exploded the kitchen. "That sounds really nice." Mhairi smiles. "And pretty."

Slim fingers dance around the rim of the now empty glass, as she listens to Bart.

"I would hope you do." Mhairi nods, quiet serious. "A bibliophile who didn't...get it." Mhairi shakes her head, "I'd be very disappointed." Still, very serious, but the sparkle in her eye, and the way her lips kept tugging upward despite how hard she was fighting for the opposite showed that the wisp was still teasing.

Her eyes flutter closed, briefly, in memory, "I agree with you completely,"

Half-lidded eyes watch Bart carefully as he asks his question. It's completely expected, but most of her books shouldn't be spoken of around a muggle. "My own bookshelves have a fair few fairy tales on them." which was true, after a fashion, "Horror, drama, thrillers, anything to get my heart pounding. And double checking the shadows." Maybe that was weird, but it made perfict sense to the Autumn Queen.

"And yourself? What's special enough to make it onto your bookshelves?"
    Currently Just a Simple Shade Shard~

5. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

Everyone loved the hideaway lights, they were just sweet.

She looks thoughtful, “I know the brand, but drawing a blank on the exact model. Wouldn’t say it blew me away, but I fell in love with its beauty and the history behind it more than anything. The amazing engine was just the icing on the cake for me. I had a jeep before I bought her, and it was such an amazing feeling to take her on the highway and just see what she could do. Night and day compared to the jeep.” She says with lopsided grin and laugh.

“Always liked watching those who could pull off those trick shots. Some of those are like, damn! I’m no trick shot, but I’m still a good shot. Guess for me it was always more a matter of security and being able to defend myself or family rather than impressing anyone. But it could be fun to try someday.” She was a good enough shot, maybe she could pull off some trick shots. “And yeah, it’s a huge difference. Being able to hit a target in a controlled environment is one thing, but when you have to hit something or someone moving and alive, well, shit gets real.” Not everyone was able to do it. A lot of people froze up. “Do you shoot?” she asked casually before taking a sip from her beer, which was almost gone. For the best anyways, less to throw up later.

Chuckling, “Mine aren’t the biggest or the loudest, but they are big and pack a heavy punch. I usually carry two .357 Desert Eagles.” Her free hand comes up open palmed, “Not carrying them tonight though, so don’t worry.” She says playfully. “I’m licensed to carry them, but some situations aren’t appropriate for em, especially New Year’s river cruises.” Not that she hadn’t been tempted.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

7. Likes liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

PRE

"Fairy tales. Now that is an interesting subject..." He drifted a little, then: "For myself I claim an interest in the esoteric. I take an interest in the hermetic movement, and the alchemy that followed it. A lot of it is code and allegory - and the illustrations are beautiful puzzles to be picked apart at leisure. The hermetic movement, as an intellectual force, probably wasn't sustainable; but it was the moment at which modern science was born. Eventually modern science had to drop the allegory and focus on the details, but I like to think we lost something when that happen. It is heavy stuff, I admit that. Probably whets my appetite for old books and long lost secrets." He winked.

"About your fairy tale interest: do you prefer the ancient or the modern?" Dare he make a punt for some work? Why not? Its conversation. And networking.

9. Likes liked this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Seriously?

Not being able to picture an NSX is like someone saying they don't know the Suicide King is the King of Hearts. Or which suits are one-eyed Jacks. Or being able to name the presidents on bills. Trick question. Franklin and Hamilton aren't presidents.

"You know, the funny thing is? I can see you in a Jeep. But I don't blame ya. Cali's a might uptight about their lawyerin'. Probably have a conniption over a door-less Jeep. I had a feller in blue tell me the other day I was jay walkin'. Back home we call that crossin' the street. Who'da thought there were rules, excuse me, laws, about that? Is that necessary? If a body can't figure out when to cross the street on their own, do they really need to be out wanderin' the streets?"

It's True. Jack may not be an actual native Texan, but where he hails from and Texas similar enough that he's been alternately entertained and exasperated by just how many laws this 'liberal' state has.

"Mostly rifles,"
    he answered the question. "Startin' with BB-guns and either chasin' stray animals or shootin' at your friends. Gone from one pump BB wars to cans and bottles and then skeet shooting. Never had worry to shoot a man or think I'd need to, so I've only handled a handgun a few times."

One of which? Desert Eagle. Right, Omar? This Angel has a great imagination, but it's tough. Did this chick really just say she ran around with two Desert Eagles? Two? Paging Castor Troy, Sacramento River.

"Can't imagine that. Ain't seen but a couple trick shot artists who had any business with steel in both hands what at the the same time. Ever had cause to be that well armed?"
    - Roald Dahl

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:
    HS Choker+1 Defense, -1g. Sparation3 -1g

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

A spark of laughter escapes the wisp at Bart's wink.

"I wasn't expecting you to say any of that." blunt and to the point, said once the laughter dies down. "But I don't think anyone would be expecting you to say that. Especially not when I gave you fairy tales and thrillers. Then again, it is more interesting then tell me you harbor a secret love of harlequin romances." she says with a teasing smile, "It is an interesting concept, being able to puzzle out secrets long lost...I understand, that draw..."

She blinks, "A little of both actually. I like seeing the change between them, and how old fables have changed over time, adapting to the here and now. But sometimes, you just want sometime grimmer, grittier, while still holding onto the fantastical." Besides, there's a lot the Lost can learn from the old tales.
    Currently Just a Simple Shade Shard~

12. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

Laughing, “Not sure if that’s a good thing or not. But they’re fun to own if you like getting out in nature and going off the beaten path.” Though the most exciting thing he had done was try to pull the doors off an old cement bunker. “Well, if you are dumb enough to step in front of a moving vehicle, then I call that natural selection. As a society we’ve kinda let ourselves go when we have to have laws to protect people against themselves. Take the newer cars that now have an alert to tell you to step on the brake before you run into the back of the car in front of you! Seriously, are people that stupid to not pay attention anymore?!” she shakes her head, Kine could be stupid at times.

“Nice, skeet shooting. Haven’t actually tried it myself, but it looks like a lot of fun. And a good test of your aim. Any good at it?” she wonders if she could use her guns to shot skeet, or if you needed a special gun. “It’s always good to know how to safely shot a gun in my opinion, but I know they aren’t for everyone. I grew up with them and would feel lost without mine.” They just didn’t really help against crazy Kindred.

Smirking, “Curious, can't imagine what exactly? A woman being able to shot two guns that size? Or them being used to pull off a trick shot? Cause I’m not even sure you could actually be a trick shot with that size of caliber. Probably something smaller would make the most sense, might look into it.” Could be fun, give her something to focus on. Well, outside of Domain security.

"I’ve hardly ever had to draw both. It started as a bet with my dad. He said I couldn’t shot both and actually hit anything. I said if I could he would have to buy me new guns, so I showed him I could, and I’ve just kinda liked having both around. Usually one is enough to defuse the situation, both if the jerk is drunk or just really out of his mind. Plus, it’s nice to have that extra bit of security should my main gun jam or something.”
    Which probably wouldn’t happen, she kept her guns in perfect working order. But, you never know.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

PRE

"I see..." Campanella replied. Dare he continue? No... Not yet. But he was chalking the woman up as a potential client.

Raising a finger, he added carefully.

"Well, if you are interested in that sort of thing, I could keep an eye out for you. Or if you are looking for that special old edition. Or something. Here - take my card. Its ah a bit forward I know. I was supposed to be enjoying the evening and I'm playing the - ha! - salesman again. But... Well. I'm not asking or expecting anything. Just keep it."

With a hint of reluctance, he handed over one his business cards. It was old and a little bent having been semi-lost in his pocket. The number, however, was quite current.

"I might be able to surprise you."

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Well, it's just..."

He stood. And stretched out both arms to point.

"Got nothin' to do with being a woman, ma'am. Figure if my eyes can only look in one place, can't imagine having two guns."

That's a fact. Jack's got faster hands than a virgin on prom night and it seems about as useful as wheels on a television. Greenish eyes slid from one fingertip to the other before the long fingers settled back on the railing.

"I'm fair with a rifle, if you take fair to mean better'n someone's who's never touched one and worse than someone who hunts regular."
    Guns are noisy, yo. Plus metal detectors. Plus when you draw one, it kinda escalates things. "That's interesting, though? The woman thing. You must get that a fair bit, to make that assumption. Shouldn't be surprised what with your line of work."

He's not offended. Or accusing. It's genuine curiosity. The Supernal doesn't discriminate.

"Your dad sounds like a fine man. He where you get your love of cars, too?"
    - Roald Dahl

Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread