Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch

Freehold Location

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 6 of 7 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last

0 Scenes

Some Freehold's hide in plain sight, while others hide so well that new arrivals need an invitation and direction to even catch a hint of just where the Lost's stronghold resides.

The Freehold of Sacramento is of the former, and has always been, but with the death of the dragon Fairweather the Lost of Sacramento have taken control of, and are operating an amusement park. A self contained space, a fortress for the Lost, but one where mortals come spend their money, and offer up something more precious; Glamour. The park is divided along the lines of the Seasonal Courts, each having their own ride or featured building, so the Glamour is spiced in the layers of the four cardinal emotions.

Much like the world - the Hedge - beside the mundane one, there is a world beneath the park. Winter discovered and maintains prohibition era tunnels, passages and even rooms.

The Seasonal Courts are present, sometimes there are enough bodies to make a proper Court, the lives of the Lost is fluid in nature, and many do not stay in one location for long. So, to provide structure and to reassure the Lost who remain, and to the Lost who come to Sacramento it was decided that something needed to change. Three new roles were created, The Leader, the Oath Keeper and the Sheriff.

None of the Monarchs lead the Freehold. Or at least they don't as Seasonal Sovereigns. Instead they Lead because the Freehold itself called for them to lead. Year round the Leader stays in this position, while the Seasonal Sovereigns offers advice which the Leader could take...or not. The Oath Keeper records and observes all the Pledges made within the Freehold, and the Sheriff patrols the Borders, protecting the Freehold, and enforces the Laws.

*~*~*~*

I hope this works, it feels unfinished to me, but that might because I'm nitpicking, or it might because my brain feels like mush.

And It's safe to say that Autumn's building/ride will be the Haunted House - at least for now :P

2. Likes Origins liked this post

Abandoned theme park is indeed too Autumn.

I love the prohibition tunnels beneath the park thing.

Primary concern should be figuring out who has what and what's there BEFORE we write up a wiki page. Does the Freehold own the park? Sounds like yes. Is there a mascot? It wouldn't do to create a wiki talking about rides at the park and then have entirely different stuff there.

Of course, we can hand wave a lot of it for efficiency. So for now lets just figure out 1 ride/attraction for each Court and how the tunnels work.

Only thing I figure the Freehold would either block/tear down would be any kind maze and especially any hedge mazes. Too dangerous. And for a mascot I'd like to suggest a black cat in a top hat. Yes, I am looking at you account picture West. I foresee hat shaped chairs and hat prizes (TF2 fans would love it).

Rides corresponding to the various courts is sweet, even with kid friendly limits as a Funderland. Spring could be, well almost anything really as its all for fun. And yeah Saber Sloth, it is likely Autumn gets a haunted house, something to get folks to scream.

Summer and Winter are harder, but they don't have to own a ride, they could own an attraction: edutainment, restaurant, theater.

Summer...Laser tag? An attraction could be a small dueling arena, akin to those at a Renaissance Faire? This actually has an advantage for 'lings kitting up for Hedge adventures in Archaic (or token) armor: "Yes we're promoting the Fighters Fued Field!"

Winter I'm not so sure about, never played one. Maybe they get the prohibition tunnels? Keep everything hidden. Oh light bulb! They could make a "Speak Easy" themed restaurant/attraction that helps hide most of the Prohibition tunnels while exposing some. As Saber Sloth said: hide in plain sight.

Only my suggestions.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

We just need the court features. The rest will sort out. The wiki is just an overview and presentation of information. Trying to answer -everything- first gets difficult.

http://nwod.org/wiki/index.php/Freehold

http://nwod.org/wiki/index.php/Funderland

Now we know exactly what's missing for someone looking for an overview.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

5. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

This is pretty much case closed except for Courts detailing their features and adding them to the wiki.

So as new threads begin, it should be taken as fact that Funderland has been secured and it is the new home/seat of the Freehold
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

7. Likes , Yumyumcrow liked this post

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

A few final clarifications on the Seasonal locations within Funderland.

Definition
    Once each Court decides on theirs, it's up to y'all to update the wiki and 'publish' the information/make it known.

In Venue
    These are essentially blank spaces. They're whatever you describe them to be, but there are no 'free' Hollow dots, Amenities, etc, until people pull (and pool haha) together and Buy Things. If existing shared Merits were bought (example Edna's) they can be transferred to the Funderland Court feature.

Out of Venue
    These features can be operational or abandoned BUT they cannot be used for Shards or out-of-venue play without having a Site purchased to go with them. Which means the Autumn Haunted House* can be referred to as you like within the confines of Changeling, but you can't have, say, a Halloween Shard party there or extend invitations to 'come visit' to other out of venue characters.

* Not to single out Autumn as misbehaving, it's just the only defined feature

9. Likes Yumyumcrow, liked this post
    S
    Selena

I have taken a House of Mirrors concept for Winter, it works wonderfully and will suit it for many reasons.

I'm currently working on a write up for that right now.

0 Scenes

I'm working on the write up for when I actually have points into the Haunted House, as of right now

....The Haunted House was a mess!

And not in the on purpose way, as was the Haunted House trademark.

There would be so much to do to take it out of the realm of a health and safety hazard and tweak it so that it might one day be operational. ....

Aurora
    Seraphina
    Alessandra
    Aurora
    Seraphina
    Alessandra

Full contact Jousting? And as a quick FYI....saw these guys live last year and it is freakin' amazing!!! Front row seats!!

Knights of Valor

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

derp! derp! derp!
    *ahem*

Each Court can have a building/ride which should be discussed in their social group, but the Sov will have the final say. In that vein, rides can also be torn down and new ones built so nobody/Court is ever locked in to one thing. I'd like to see the Courts present their 'feature' within a week.

Sorry West,

Losing signal so I wanted to post it somewhere. I'll check the social groups.

Page 6 of 7 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
+ Reply to Thread