Watch

Freehold Location

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 4 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last

0 Scenes

This. This. All of This. So Much This.

(The Sloth might be salivating.)

I'm very much for fleshing out the Freehold, the Courts, and Changeling life in Sacramento. And honestly, taking a few days to think over the themepark idea, and not just 'ooooh~! awesome and spooky' stuff, but, 'is this good for the 'hold?' makes me realize that, yes the Four Seasons is probably the best option, but that doesn't mean that the themepark is off the table! If/when Mhairi buys/builds/finds/whatevers a themepark, it was always going to be a Site. Even if there's some wonky Fae magic at work, where'd the fun be with owning a themepark if you can't use it for Shards? But even as a Site it would be a long ways off. The XP total make me wanna cry.

Onwards and Upwards!

For the Freehold Oath, yeah I'm fine with changing it. Mhairi becoming Queen was a surprise, and I wanted to get the Pledge Swearing done, so I didn't want to waste time coming up with a whole new Pledge. So something new sounds great! Especially if it can lead to awesome moments!

Ahem

I'm gonna take this moment to apologize to all of those Honey Badgers out there that Mhairi's hasty decision have harmed from allowing them to be as Drama filled as they crave. I am sorry.

Anyways...

Hi there. waves Always up for a second 'ling....but I think by now everyone knows that :P ( I always have ideas ready for more 'lings!)

So does that me Sloth can has NPC ling? Or Not, since four Characters.

2. Likes Origins liked this post
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

I'm in.

You want the NPC information sent in raw (as in, through a PM) or would you rather I send it to you as a character submission?

I think what I'll do is put up an OOC thread so that people can post their little blurbs about what people will know about the NPC, like "bob is an ogre that sells hotdogs on broadway. He's actually vegetarian, though..." for a terrible example.

Then people can PM me the other relevant details and stats and I'll put them up in their own thread in ST land.

5. Likes Yumyumcrow, Origins, liked this post

Wow, sorry for low replies form me to this. And yes, theme park is a mega glamour source. All four big glamour sources can happen at a theme park. Retcon bad I agree, we don't have instant building just add water tech yet.

Theme parks just popping up? I like that idea and having a new regular location for chanegling. Technically it is possible in a few ways, though realistically the result would be less Disney Land and more cheap county fair:

1) Mobile fairs happen. Yup, it is surprising how much of these attractions can be made mobile. Quality varies widely and ownership of equipment is expensive. One or more attractions could have been abandoned in Sacramento at some point in the past.

2) The California State Fair is often in Sacramento.

3) Thank a location about 600 miles South East of Sacramento: Las Vegas. Whose to say some winning schmuck (player toon) doesn't accept "collateral" in lieu of cash? And gets a broken down version of option 1.

And it is possible for the city governments to seriously drag its feet on removing the "abandoned" attractions. Especially if some supernatural NPC has been enticing them towards sloth for...reasons.

Yeah, that is a blatant adventure hook.

7. Likes liked this post
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

So. I take it that the Four Seasons will be resurrected and that a theme / amusement park will be appearing in the near future. All of this is good.

Is there any ETA on any of this?

I know that Green is most interested in resurrecting the Four Seasons (or else investing in the B&B alternative that was explored last year with Selena ). I know from past threads that the Freehold owns? the site of the hotel and that it is still a building site. Do we need to buy the Site (with XP) to formally bring the Four Seasons back and if so, who will be paying for it? But before we do, I really want to do a glimpse when the old hotel is being rebuilt (its been in my mind for a long, long time; I've held off because I don't know the current status of the place - whether it was going to be a Thing or not).

Or he could be the silent investor behind the theme park. Though you may to have to convince him a little.

Hey, I has the XP (or should do within a few months). :P

9. Likes liked this post

Good points, Crow, it has been left very vague, and I do apologize for that. However, I finally have an answer, so here's what's up:

To start with, I do want y'all to have choice, so if at the end of the day, the majority of people want a B&B to be the Commons, even though we have Edna's (which is essentially the same), then I won't get in the way.

However, I will be presenting some different options to you through Plot! Specifically, the Four Seasons and the Theme Park. I'm going to throw up some News posts here, and I'll make sure to add links in this post so y'all know how the narrative is introducing these options:

http://nwod.org/forum/showthread.php...313#post455313

Lastly, though, I would say to ignore buying anything with XP, unless you specifically want it for your character. Or, to phrase it in another way, don't spend on XP on Freehold Stuff yet, since none of it has been finalized. However, if Green wanted his own bar, or whatever, then that would be safe.

11. Likes Yumyumcrow, , West liked this post
    S
    Selena

So Ihave been giving a lot of thought to some of the things discussed, one inparticular, the theme park. It may soundcool and fun, but it to me it is not something changelings would do in an arealike this in the state. Also, given thefact that sinkholes are a large probability in the city. For a vast area like that, acquiring buildingpermits through the city would be extremely difficult due to the possiblestructure instability and safety regulations. It’s something that would raise more brows than be a cool place forchangelings to ‘hide’.

So whenthe fair comes to town, even the circus, generally you see all walks oflife. Including those that arequestionable. As a kid, when either ofthem came to town, I was instantly drawn to the ‘side show’ stuff or the ‘incredible’tents. I also noticed some of the ‘carnies’as we called them were unique and different. It’s appealing for many different reasons and people tend to ‘fit in’.

If Iwere a Keeper, Privateer, Loyalist or even a True Fae, you bet your bottomdollar I would come sniffing around to something like that. Because to all of these Villains, it screams Changelings. A large giant blinking sign in Sacramentothat doesn’t just hone in other Changelings wanting to hide for protection, butit’s a beacon for those looking to reclaim what was lost. It’s one of the reasons my Changeling came toSacramento; the dangers of Vegas and limelight were catching up quickly.

I’m notsure if any of you saw American Horror Story Freak Show season, but there was aguy just like that who came sniffing around the circus. He had one specific person in mind to takefor his ‘collection’. Then, he saw more ‘gems’and started to get greedy and stupid as well. So, with the above mentioned, it’s something to ponder.

Additionally,the new commons place that was discussed as the potential new Four Seasons,wasn’t meant to be a bread and breakfast or boarding house. Just a smaller hotel (which could beexpanded). It had a bar and a restaurantin it with a couple of small conference rooms. Yumyum, myself, parable and a few others had did a few cool threads onhow it came about.

S
    Selena

Note my copy/paste from my personal email didn't seem to go through all too well, my apologies for words that ran together.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

If Iwere a Keeper, Privateer, Loyalist or even a True Fae, you bet your bottomdollar I would come sniffing around to something like that. Because to all of these Villains, it screams Changelings.
    Riiiiiiight.

And a hotel called The Four Seasons is totally under the radar and unnoticeable.

Sorry, you make good points and I'm not even a player in the venue but that was always a bit absurd and suggesting something else might call undue attention after tent-poling under that for years is just... lulzy
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

S
    Selena

That is also true. I wasn't ever stuck on the name of it being Four seasons. I see your point. lol

Page 4 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
+ Reply to Thread