Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Halloween 2016

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 8 of 10 First ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Last
    Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

Tuesday snorts. Even as she's giggling and internally n'aww'ing. Because Star-singing. At Avis. Or to Avis. Whatever. Either way. Totes N'awwwing.

Tuesday takes a shot in hand, and shoots it back. "Thanks for gettin' shots Ma Ma!" Tuesday says ignoring the reason why Avis left for the bar in the first place.

Then there's Fisher. Drinking all her shots. Or at least what seemed like all her shots. That was a lot of shots. Too many shots for Tuesday. But hey. Halloween. So Tuesday grabs another one and downs it.

Grinning back at Fisher, "Ha! That's like saying you can dance now!"

Pushy Avis is pushy.

"Okay! Okay!" Tuesday says with a laugh. "You don't have to tell me twice!" two more shots disappear quickly.

Tonight seemed like it was just gonna be a Drunken Night of Time Warping Revelry.

But when the hell would that matter to Tuesday? Never ever ever! That's when!

Then...it's Avis' voice saying things that make her go n'aww!

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-11-11 19:22:43 Tuesday rolls 6 to Dance, Dance, Baby (Dex 3 + Expression 3) (10 Again) 3, 1, 9, 4, 10, 5, 5 2 successes
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

2. Likes Cayce, West liked this post
    Bump Cayce "Bump" this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

This girl. If she only knew.

Long fingers twined with scarred ones.

It only happened once or twice a year. A peek at something so sweet it'd be less surprising if he'd seen her riding a giant Easter bunny or skipping across a rainbow, made all the more adorbs because of just how unlikely and unexpected. He closed his eyes, just for a second while Tuesday drank, pressing the moment onto a giant playing card and shuffling it into the House. There. Next to the wraith with a book perched on a sill.

"I think I'm getting, like, punk'd here." He pointed at the number of empty glasses and three remaining full ones. "Pretty sure!"

He's smiling, though. Smiling and laughing and doing anything for that once or twice a year girl. "Okay! Let's Count! One, one shot, ah-ah-ah." Okay. Two more. Like the purple prince of numerals. "Two! Two shots! Three! Three shots! Ah-ah-ah!"

He took the tray and tossed it off somewhere to the side. Low, spinning between people, skittering away unseen. Like a boss.

"Come here, you. We're soooo dancing. And poet-tizing. They're gonna call us Dickinson and, and. And Coleridge. That's how poetic. We are." Fingers from his free hand waggled at Tuesday and Fisher. "Plath! Bronteeeee!"

Move. Flail. Hold hands. Do the Batusi. Pogo. As long as you rhyme with someone, it's all poetry.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-11-11 22:20:29 Star rolls 8 to I Wanna Dance With Somebody! -1 Dex checks for booze-y booze (10 Again) 6, 7, 4, 6, 4, 1, 8, 1 1 success
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

4. Likes Cayce, Yog-Sothoth, liked this post
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

Freed from the tray, Avis eagerly through herself into the dance with Star, and the dance beside the Mustelid and Unicorn. Joining in with the fun was the only way she was going to get through the night. The only way she was going to forget about how she'd been feeling a moment before and find herself traveling along a new emotional flow.

So she set her body in motion, trying to rhyme with Star, but her center of gravity kept changing, and she kept bumping into Star, and Tuesday and Fisher, messing them all up.

Apparently, it was a bad idea to chug a bunch of alcohol before trying to dance. Who would have guessed?

"Wait, you went with Plath?"
    Avis giggled, after bumping into Star for the bajillionth time. "We're in a club! We're supposed to be like NWA!"

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-11-11 23:34:12 Avis! rolls 2 to make that body poetry (dex3+exp2-3booze) (10 Again) 5, 2 failure
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

6. Likes West, liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

Campanella drew out the moment, a chill of trepidation tingle down his spine at the thought of venturing onto the dance floor again. He had triumphed but it had took all his nerve to pull off and he wasn't sure he could impress so well again. At least he could hide behind his refreshment while he held of the moment decided what to do.

The members of Veiled Threats forced his hand in the end.

"Well there is one way to find out," he said as he drained the last drop of liquid courage. "They look to be having fun regardless so I don't think they'll mind us joining them."

He frowned briefly but schooled it into mysterious curiosity when he turned to Faye once more.
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

Fisher

Extempor. Affinity: •••••
    Eidetic Memory

PRE

Once the tension was burst, Fisher was able to look at the Avis and Star thing and find it pretty cute. It was definitely a side of the First Talon that she never showed and it helped put Fisher's remaining concerns to rest.

There was talk of poetry, and Fisher had no idea what a Plath or a Bronte was, maybe it had something to do with poems. Then there was Star doing that move that looked familiar, but she couldn't place it, however, she felt it might have come from a movie or something.

"Ha!" she laughed at Tuesdays comment about her non-dancing skill. "I'll have you know it takes skill to suck this bad at dancing! It is like an art form."

Fisher's head was really starting to get fuzzy and the dancing around her caused to start moving too. She was jostled around by Avis and a very tipsy herself so it threw off her dancing even more than usual. Fisher thought she was doing quite well, but drunk dancing was far more complicated than she realized. She was a little too close to Tuesday and when her arms reached out during an attempt at a Christmas tree she found herself instead groping Tuesday's breasts. Surprised by the sudden resistance, it took her a few seconds and some squeezing to realize what she was doing and then stop.

"Oh my gosh!" she burst out giggling and continued in a slow measured tone. "I'm sorry! That was supposed to be a Christmas tree not unicorn boobies!"

She paused for a moment in thought, still wiggling in some dance attempt, and then continued.

"They are very nice though!" she added thinking it might help to smooth things over.

1 success - fail need 3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-11-11 22:24:27 Fisher rolls 1 to dance (dex + express -1 -3+ for drunk) (10 Again, Chance) 10, 4 1 success

9. Likes Cayce, West, Yumyumcrow, liked this post
    Bump West "Bump" this post
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up
    The Prince's Ghoul • Cozette Muriel
    The Prince's Ghoul • Olivette Angeline

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Morgan!"

Asa echoed the other two women. Which was convenient, because he had no clue who the interloper was. And inconvenient, because if they had not known the new arrival he would have banished her with a glance and a word or two. He studied her again, looking for some feature or mannerism that would ring a bell. Explain why she had spoken to him as well.

...Nothing. He'd probably just been being nice.

"I might have joined a street race or two,"
    he answered Sasha. "Mostly to see if I'd been taken for a ride myself by a car salesman."

Behind the playfully apologetic tone and charming smile, he imagined dismembering Morgan in vivid, bloody detail with all the ease of one used to confronting the Taint of Predators in Court and public.

"So you all know one another?"
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

11. Likes , Origins liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Faye beams as he agrees and she loops her arm with his and brings him with her.

“They don’t bite, I promise!” she says with a grin, “And yeah! It’s Halloween, a nigh to just throw caution to the wind and have fun.” As they made their way over, she wonders if she should have bought some drinks or shots for the group. Kinda a way to break the ice so to speak. Though she had only seen Avis drink that one time and didn’t want to assume she had taken it up regularly.

When they were within shouting range, cause loud music is loud, her free hand is raised in greeting,

“Hey guys! Have to say, I love the costumes! Mind if we join you?” maybe their night out was a Cabal thing? She secretly hoped it wasn’t, cause that would be awkward. But she’d go with it either way.

13. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan didn't want to admit that she'd forgotten Mr Clarke's first name, though she'd recalled his last from the car race. Ah, L'Aire pointed it out as being Leo! Good to know. As for Mhairi's attire, the Paladin of Shadows had no grounds for judging the Dread Queen. True, the red outfit did "technically" cover more, but if the Beast moved even at a fast walk then the midrift and skirt part of her coat fluttered enough to flash everyone what was beneath. And beneath the read she only had a few extra straps on her thighs as compared to Mhairi's outfit.

No judgement, just paying the grinning bartender and sipping her soda. "Tis joyous to see ye as well. Heh, thank ye tis better I think then aught I, heh, had worn a'fore. Lighter too, heh, so less sweating to excess like a'fore." she looked Mhairi up and down, the red hair was what got her attention the most, "Heh, thine own attire tis unexpected and wondrous. Nary anticipate aught as it from heh our meeting at that store, heh. Excellent shade of red," she points at her own hair before pointing to Mhairi, "a grand match for thine attire. Heh, how did ye achieve such a complimentary coloration?"

And she raised her glass in salute to the angelic Winter Queen. "Heh, thine own attire to quite angelic L'Aire, suits ye. Mine matches my...accuracy heh hobby...bu~ut I did lose, heh, the rubber blades earlier, heh." she shrugged and laughed at the loss. The things hadn't even looked like proper knives to her, way to curvy.

"Heh, so ye art rare sight at street races?" Morgan asked curiously as her head tilted her at Asa's automotive explanation. She seemed...disappointed, and was clearly analyzing Asa. "I twas, heh, hoping to retain the title of ye herald at such races, heh. Twas fun," she shrugged. "Verily we, heh, ken each other. Friends looks out for each other, yes?"

Then her eyes widened, "Oh!" she put the drink down and clapped her hands together before pointing at Asa, "Ye and I hath not met since, heh, my uh...speech therapy heh. I hath found a way around my mind-induced stutter, heh-heh." Morgan was a far cry from what she'd acted like when Asa had let her ride along in his car for a race.

The idea that she might be bothering him didn't occur to her.

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Defense: 3 +1
    Heath: Willpower
    Glamour:

House Call
    Defense: 3 +1
    Heath: Willpower
    Glamour:
    HS Choker+1 Defense, -1g. Sparation3 -1g

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

"I can-ah see why!" Mhairi nods, her head at the wings that Asa had freed L'aire of.

Mhairi hums, taking the Winter Queen's lead. "And I happen to-ah-to run a Boarding House where a fair few of-ah Sasha's regulars can sleep it off." which was true after a fashion, thinking back to how many Freeholder's had a room at Edna's.

Sasha. L'aire. Asa. Leo. Mhairi. Starfire. There...were to many names to remember. Mhairi had to wonder which was Asa's name, and not something given in the moment. Mhairi was leaning toward's Asa. Since that was the name she'd been given at the Asylum.

Mhairi giggles, even as she tries to picture Asa (until she's told otherwise, she'll just use the name he gave her) street racing. Probably unwise of her, as the thought of all that speed and power colored her flesh, as she desperately wished she'd at least gone with Teen Titans Starfire. Then she's have a skirt and not...

"Ah-yeah. I'm-ah Morgan's Boss." which was true. Sort of. She just wondered if it were her being the Autumn Queen that lead Morgan here, or if it was Mhairi naming the steepscrambler her Paladin. "And I-ah ran into Sasha at her bar." which was trueish. Well...she met L'aire when she met Terri and that had been at the Blue Note.

"Hard-ah-hard work." she tells her Paladin. "And going through a fair-ah few Halloween stores."

Mhairi lightly sighs. Her worry over Asa's possible desires to bring both her and L'aire to bed falling away. Slowly, as Morgan spoke, the flush to Mhairi's skin lightened, until only her naturally creamy complexion was left. She'd come out dressed in nearly nothing for some fun. Maybe some anonymous fun. But then she's seen Asa and she knew, (especially after that night at the Asylum) that it would be him or no one. Already knowing that no one else could compare.

There goes Morgan using the Onyx Sovereign's private 'ling name in public. Hopefully Asa wouldn't look to much into it. Not with the unique way her Courtier still spoke.

Did Morgan just admit to bringing actual knives into a club?!

Mhairi's eyes flutter in shock and confusion. Hoping, desperately that no one had heard that!
    Currently Just a Simple Shade Shard~

16. Likes West liked this post
    Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

Tuesday giggles. Imagining Star as Count von Count. "I'm getting you a cape!"

"I do not look like a Sylvia!" Bump and....more bumps! It's amazing that Vee Tee hasn't all fallen over themselves, and made this weird pile of people on the floor. "Which...Bronte Sister you talkin' 'bout Stardazzles. Or Dick-haha-Dick-in-son-hahahaha!"

Tuesday blinks. Looking down. Then blinks again. "I know my boobs are awesome. Especially since I did some awesome work on 'em
    "
    that's when Fisher says their nice. "Thank you!" Chirps the Unicorn.

"And just so we're even." Tuesday gropes Fisher. It's only fair. "But this means nothing. Only fairness. I'm still into the penis club peeps."

More blinky eyes.

Faye and Campy. "...hi?" can't they see Vee Tee's fail dancing over here?

Dance Fail!
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-11-15 15:30:03 Tuesday rolls 3 to Dancing! (Dex 3 + Expression 3 - 3 Booze!) (10 Again) 4, 4, 5 failure
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

18. Likes Yog-Sothoth, West liked this post
Page 8 of 10 First ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Last
Closed Thread