Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Halloween 2016

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 7 of 10 First ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Last
    S
    Sasha

The Fairest was entirely aware her costume was a little broad for her lithe body, but that was half the fun. "Yeah, it's incredibly hard to do so now that I'm here and making an attempt. I've danced in stranger items, but this takes the cake." L'aire giggled pleasantly whilst swaying to whatever beat was playing. She didn't pay a mind to the words as they turned into mush when she looked at Leo a moment.

Snapping back at the mention of Terri, the music and words quickly dissolved. "Terri. Yeah, she and I went as Elsa and Anna last year. We had a good time." Although it wasn't good as the year prior.

Gently touching the Autumn Queen's shoulder. "Well, obviously you have someone around who likes to dance! You can ask me anytime. You can also drop by the studio or the Note if you want an entire area to yourself." She didn't move her hand right away from the Elemental, but smiled as she invited her to the two places she favored. After all, they were both Monarchs now, a few perks were necessary.

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up
    The Prince's Ghoul • Cozette Muriel
    The Prince's Ghoul • Olivette Angeline

+1
    SL
    PRE

There it was.

Asa nodded, unconsciously matching the beat of the music as he watched the thorny situation began to bloom with petals of laughter and a touch. He left the bar and moved towards the two women, turning and sliding this way and that through the crowd so as not to disrupt anyone else. In his peripheral, he noticed Madison had found a partner and thought she'd do better.

"Mind if I join you?"

His eyes and words were playful with a hint of mischief as he came upon the pair. A hand slid over Starfire's bare backside as he found the rhythm and an eyebrow arched as he held Sasha's violet eyes for a long moment. His body moved slowly and sensuously at half the beat of the music finding opportunities for a suggestive touch here and there.

"I didn't know you two knew each other."

Fingers twined with Starfire's own, pulling her close for a light kiss before he spun around her to Sasha and did the same. His eyes flickered over her wings with a hint of amused annoyance at the barrier they created, and he mouthed a single word with a smile.

Butterfly.

Hands captured a hand in each, and he spun the two women -- craning and leaning to clear the angel wings before drawing them in again.

Hands on the smalls of their backs gently pushed them closer to each other.

Dark eyes moved over Sasha's, then Starfire's lips.

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-11-08 21:10:58 Asa rolls 10 to Dancing! Dex + Expression + Spec -3 Difficulty (10 Again) 9, 9, 8, 2, 5, 7, 7, 4, 5, 2 3 successes
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

3. Likes , Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

Ok, maybe she wasn't being entirely fair...

Or maybe she just wasn't communicating well enough. Maybe she was doing exactly what Star had been doing: trying to cram an entire conversation into a few words, and not just that, but words that barely scratched the surface of what she felt. Maybe she should have shown him what she felt, literally given him a look into her mind...

But a crowded club with an imperious, penetrating bass wasn't the place for that. Besides, there was the rest of her cabal there, too, and she hadn't exactly treated them well, either, and they hadn't done anything but try and share their fun.

Goddammit...

She hated it when she realized it was actually her being the asshole.

But she couldn't do anything until she'd calmed down, so she stewed at the bar, unenthusiastically trying to flag down a bartender and using the excuse to buy herself more time. Though...time wasn't exactly helping, so instead she did something incredibly stupid and tried to flag them down with cash in hand, but thankfully one of the tenders took pity on her and eventually turned over a tray of 20 shots...

Five of them disappeared.

Then so armed, Avis moved towards the dance floor before her head got fuzzy and tried to wave her friends back over.
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

5. Likes , West, Yog-Sothoth liked this post
    Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

"Looked yummy. If I didn't want get my funny on I would have taken it for myself. So yep. I'm in on the get another for later thing."

Their spastic flailing attracted a Star!

At least it was their shots of funnies that fell flat. "Hey again~!" Which meant that if there was a Thing that the Mammals Two stepped in their funnies would have gotten the all the laughs!

"Oh em gee! So many yeses!" you bet your ass the Unicorn Does the Time Warp.

"-riiiight~!" her semi spastic flailings shift to match Star's movements. "With your hand on your hips." Tuesday's going for her serious narrator face. It doesn't last long. "You bring your knees in tiii~iight!" lips form to shout-sing the next line but stops. Because earlier awkward. And Oh Look! An Avis!

"Ma Ma~!" A wild wave for the women with the shots. On a tray. Obviously she didn't want to give Fisher or Tuesday Blowjobs. A shame. Looked tasty.

2 suxx More Time Warp and Less Flailing
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-11-10 14:40:46 Tuesday rolls 6 to Let's Do the Time Warp~! (Dex 3 + Expression 3) (10 Again) 8, 3, 1, 4, 9, 3 2 successes
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Fishhhhherrrrrr!"

Yep. Cracking up. Who ever heard of a Shaman that couldn't dance?

"Hands on your hips, come on. Or do we need to decorate the Christmas tree again?"
    He rolled his hips to give Tuesday a bump as he mimed putting an ornament on a tree for Fisher. "Ma-Ma!"

He echoed Tuesday and waved Avis over.

"Ooooh, with the Slo-Mo."
    A critical eye studied the tray. "Uh. Like, you got ripped off or got a serious head start." Ice blue eyes studied her, gauged her Mood-O-Meter for a moment before he dove in for a brief kiss. Leaned back, ran a tongue over his lips. "Damn, Gina. Definitely a head start."

Wow. He'd never seen her drink like this. Like, ever. As in ever-ever. Long fingers plucked up three glasses and downed each in one lift, rolling the glasses like the barrels of a Gatling gun in a bit of improvised contact juggling.

"Ssssllllloooooowwww..."
    Like the movie they'd fashioned their costumes after's drug, he stretched out and deepened the word while replacing the glasses at a fraction of normal speed.

"...down and dance with me?"
    Fingers beckoned with an angelic grin. "Skip the beat and move with my body. Come on and dance with me..."

Yeah. Corny. And Kylie was so not Avis' jam but it was the first song the hamster wheel produced with the word 'Slow'. Besides? The invitation was for all three. Five minutes ago was a lifetime ago and the least they could do was get trashed and have some fun dancing. If he wasn't a Guardian, he'd be right on the edge of 'helping' the sound and lights systems.

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-11-10 22:40:32 Star rolls 9 to Eat Sleep Rave Repeat (Dancing) (10 Again) 8, 2, 2, 8, 3, 1, 1, 8, 4 3 successes
    2016-11-10 22:39:57 Star rolls 6 to Contact Juggling Dex + Larceny -3 Difficulty (10 Again) 4, 4, 1, 9, 2, 8 2 successes
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

8. Likes liked this post

Fisher

Extempor. Affinity: •••••
    Eidetic Memory

PRE

"Yeah, I know...I suck," she laughed at Star's ribbing.

She was starting to relax a little and was feeling the effects of the alcohol on her system. This mustelid could have a short memory about some things and her unease was starting to be forgotten with the concentration on the dancing.

Yet despite her concentration she was distracted by trying to watch both Star and Tuesday as well as herself. She ended up screwing up her timing and after a bit finally started to get the hang of the dance. She resolved to brush up on her Rocky Horror, maybe it had been too long.

Then there was an Avis with a metric crap ton of shots. For a moment she wondered if she would need to crawl her way to a taxi when they were finished tonight, well Halloween only came once a year so why not?

"Holy crap that's a lot of shots," she exclaimed with s little bit of shock. "But I can't let ya win!"

Fisher made her way over and downed a couple more shots, that was four? No five so far. Was that a lot? Fisher thought that might be a lot. She could always cheat and wipe her system clean, but she was supposed to be out and having fun with her cabal and cheating on the drinking felt wrong. After a little bit of hesitation she thought that it would be a bad idea to leave a girl's drink sitting around unattended so she downed the last two of her shots and wondered how fast it all would hit.

"I probably shouldn't have done that," she said trailing off. "No more for me for a while."

She turned to take in everyone and grinned broadly.

"Ok, dancing while I still can!" said getting back into things.

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-11-11 01:11:53 Fisher rolls 2 to dance timewarp (dex + express -1) (10 Again) 4, 7 failure
      1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-11-11 01:12:29 Fisher rolls 1 to dance timewarp (dex + express -1 - 1 fail) (10 Again) 10, 6 1 success

10. Likes liked this post
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

Avis couldn't help but lick her lips like a mirror to Star, a reflex she didn't even notice, and then she found herself smiling without having to try.

"I can't dance with a tray!" Avis shouted back, her voice booming out even in her own ears.

"Quick, be like Fisher and take your shots!" she prodded, shoving the tray towards Tuesday and Star. "Come on, come on, come on, come on, come on, take the shots! I'm pushing drugs! Take them already!" Avis chanted, a manic energy entering her voice as she forced herself to be upbeat and join in the party.

And the alcohol definitely helped! She could feel it settling in, a barrier between mind and body, and fuzzy cushion for the mind, besides.

She hiccuped, her free hand rising to brush at her lips.

"I wanna dance," she added, that same free hand reaching out for Star again, "we gotta make our bodies like poetry!"
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

12. Likes , Yog-Sothoth liked this post

Morgan Bellanar

(City Shard: Harden the Mask)Glamour 1 Spent
    PRE

Morgan hadn't opted for the costume she'd tried to be scary in for the last several years. It didn't work, so Morgan didn't bother. She'd turned to some of her norman "friends" for suggestions and gotten a gift based upon her knife tricks. They said it went great with someone that "threw blades" and was "the version for girls!" The red coat-thing was nice to the Beast's eye, but the black leather didn't seem to cover enough. Well, it was fine for an adult woman but to Morgan's mind leather was for protection and this left a lot exposed. She did have to accessorize with a crimson fanny pack to carry stuff as it lacked pockets, but her thigh holster actually went well with the outfit, and so did the black combat boots. She'd had to put her hair up in a ponytail after trying a couple of knife throws: it made aiming easier.

She was paranoid about being prepared. She'd have been fine just hanging at home but she'd remembered Mhairi was going to Reverence, it made sense to her to support her Queen.

Strutting into Reverence, she spotted Mhairi after a quick scan and was shocked to find her with...Asa? The car guy that called her his herald. That'd been fun.

Morgan walked over to the bar, a grin on her face, "Mhairi! Excellent, heh, attire ye found I doth see, heh. And ye hath already found a treat," she nods toward Asa, "tonight. Heh, pleasing to see ye again sir...nary a car race tonight?" Morgan tilted her head in curiosity as she spoke.

Given the significant divergence in attire, Asa might have trouble placing her. Morgan ordered a club soda. She wasn't getting hammered tonight, the pack didn't have enough cash in it to cover the price of booze.

14. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Defense: 3 +1
    Heath: Willpower
    Glamour:

House Call
    Defense: 3 +1
    Heath: Willpower
    Glamour:
    HS Choker+1 Defense, -1g. Sparation3 -1g

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

Mhairi wondered for a moment if L'aire meant the strange, fantastical and horrifying moments over There. Or the mundane costuming she dealt with in her everyday. Blinking away those thoughts, "I-ah-I can see why!" she chirps, body swaying, "How-ah-how heavy are they?" the question is asked just to ask.

"From-ah-Frozen?" Mhairi asks, trying to remember those characters. Something that might shock some everyone in this day and age, but Mhairi hadn't seen Frozen. But that wasn't to say she didn't get the songs stuck in her head.

The touch on her shoulder is a surprise, but the Wisp quickly smiles. "I'll-ah have to-ah take you up on that!" Mhairi used to go dancing all the time. Now...this was the first time since she danced with Daniel during the Spring Coronation.

It isn't Asa 's drawled question that draws a surprised squeak from the Wisp. It was his hands upon her. She should have expected that he'd make an appearance, but she was still startled when it happened.

She could feel herself ignite at his presence at her back, the way he moved her and himself in time with the music. Her mind stalled. At his leading question. How should they explain how they knew each other? If they weren't Lost....Mhairi doubted that they'd run into each other. Maybe - Asa's fingers twine with hers, and he draws her in for a kiss.

Spinning her away to repeat the motions with L'aire, Mhairi's already blushing self seemed to heat further. Even as she remembered her night with him and Vanessa. Did Asa...? But this was L'aire. It was different.

The moment he drew them both in, Mhairi's mind tumbled over everything that was happening, all that could happen, then...

"Morgan!" Mhairi squeaks. Relieved to be pulled from the thoughts swirling around in her head, but equal parts mortified. It wasn't just all of Winter that saw her in nearly nothing. Her new Paladin did too.

But where did Asa know Morgan from?
    Currently Just a Simple Shade Shard~

16. Likes Origins, West liked this post
    S
    Sasha

"They're not really heavy, they're just... cumbersome." She smirked and the Dancer's head shook as did her blonde locks. As attested when the tall dark man spun her around, she tried to dip below his arm space to assist him.

Unsure why Mhairi didn't answer Leo's question, the Fairest offered up an answer. "Yeah, she stops into the small nightclub I own once in a while and we chat." It was definitely not a lie but as much information as she could produce right now.

But her violet's caught the way he looked at both of their lips, relieved that Mhairi kissed Leo before it became really awkward, and that relief trickled through to her hands. Was Mhairi the 'other' that he'd mentioned before? Although, when that subject came up, L'aire didn't recall that the Elemental was introduced to the Freehold yet.

Saved by the bell...

"Morgan!" She exclaimed gently and her face was very happy to see her. At least it was breaking up the awkwardness, for now. "Love your costume, good to see you here!"

L'aire had a feeling that Leo enjoyed cars. She'd seen more than one of his, but, racing was something new. "Do you race or something, Leo?" Definitely intrigued and not surprised she didn't know he did. It wasn't like they talked about innately personal things when they spent time together.

Page 7 of 10 First ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Last
Closed Thread