Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Halloween 2016

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 6 of 10 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Last

Fisher

Extempor. Affinity: •••••
    Eidetic Memory

PRE

Fisher frowned in confusion as the two essentially stormed off. She had not figured that two counter cultural types would be so...touchy...prudish when it came to lighthearted jokes that were not come-ons. They must be having more issues that they are letting on.

I guess I need to avoid them for the foreseeable future. I just can't win, she thought to her self with a sigh.

"Well, that sucks,"
    Fisher said with a frown. "I guess they are pretty prudish...sorry...I didn't think they would be."

More socially awkward issues that were her fault...story of her life.

People are too complicated

"Well I would be happy to get a blowjob from you," she said with an amused grin toward Tuesday. She decided to put other thoughts regarding Star and Avis out of her mind.

"I challenge you to a dance off, mammal versus mammal!"
    she said in a playful manner. Hopefully that would help keep the mood lighter.

If Tuesday hands over the drink she'll drink it all in one go and head off to go dance if the unicorn is game.

2. Likes liked this post
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"Why the fuck would I be leaving?" Avis snapped back, the impulse to let anger satisfy the rest of her emotional turmoil not even recognizable amidst the noise and chaos of the club.

"I said I was getting a tray,"
    she reminded him, turning back to place her order only to find the bartenders busy tending to a stream of orders already...and no waitress nearby, either.

And where was her first order, anyways?

Fucking christ.

"I'm trying to do what you want,"
    she snarled, whirling back on Star, "so why are you making it so fucking difficult?!"
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

The giddy feeling of giggling glee abruptly falls flat.

Or more like that moment in Cinderella when Lucifer's chasing the mice and crashes face first into the chair. Landing on his back in a moment of owe.

...okay so she knew spit swapping jokes were a no-no. But this was Halloween and they were safe. Their off-limitsness and Thingdom was well known. So the middle school styled funnies...seemed like a good idea.

But maybe not.

Considering. Well. Avistar was off...over there. And not here with her and the mustelid getting all laughy with the funnies.

"...prudish. Yeah. I totally wasn't thinkin' they'd. You know."

And jut like that Fisher had gotten another grin from the Siren.

"Well then...it'll be my pleasure to give you one." she says with a wink and the flourish she used to present Star with the rejected shot. "You know...I might wanna get one of those for myself. It looks tasty. Is it tasty. I bet it's tasty."

"...I'm up for some spastic flailing." grinning grin is grinned. "Sure! I'd be up to whooping your ass in a dance battle."

Following Fisher onto the dance fool and starts to spastic flail.

Hey. Gotta give the mustelid a chance.

1 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-11-04 15:02:47 Tuesday rolls 6 to Dance (Dex 3 + Expression 3) (10 Again) 2, 1, 2, 4, 2, 9 1 success
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

5. Bump West "Bump" this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Yikes.

A lip edged up that would do Billy Idol proud as words spun out of the hamster wheel. Sure, the timing wasn't great, and, yeah, it's a mustelid instead Varyx, but maybe baby steps get you from point A to point B before that's a question again. And was it really his fault she'd come right out of the blue with '...would have but...' ?

"Ppppppbbbbbblllllllllttttttt."

The irritated words had to go somewhere. A tongue flapping between lips seemed like a good place. Strange, isn't it?

"Okay. First? You're totally owning Ma-Ma. Nice. You're killing it. Second? One of these days, we're both gonna have to yell in a, uh, situation but it's not now because, like, that's just going to make things worse. So if you want to be growl-y that's fine but I can't promise I won't start serenading you in response. I'm leaning towards Phantom of the Opera. I think I could nail 'Music of the Night'."

He exhaled. Now the real stuff.

"And I'm trying, too. To do what you want. So, I'm sorry if I messed it up. But I don't want to do it if one of us or both of us is growl-y about it? So. So, I'm going to go back there and, like, pretend that wasn't just a little weird and then I'm going to follow your lead. When you, uh, come back with the tray. Okay. I'm going now. Before I start up with 'You Are My Sunshine'."

And that was totally Number Four. One day they'd find out who could outlast the other: Snarl-y!Avis or Sing-y!Star. Long fingers brushed at a scarred forearm as the other signed before he dodge-threaded his way back to Mario and Luigi.

"Hey!"

That's right. Jack was going to spend all night in this club yelling 'Hey' at women.

"Sorry! You both, like, just arrived in the middle of, like, something."
    He grinned, bouncing. "You know it's Halloween, right? What is this? This isn't the right dance!"

Hands on the hips.

"It's just a jump to the left!"

He jumped.

"And then a step to the right!"

An Acanthus could have unwound those awkward minutes. An Obrimos? Settles for a Time Warp.

3 successes to What Everythings Fine
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-11-04 15:53:24 Star rolls 9 to Manipulation + Persuasion + Spec (10 Again) 4, 5, 7, 1, 5, 6, 10, 8, 6, 10, 4 3 successes
      3 successes to Lets Do The Time Warp
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-11-04 15:53:52 Star rolls 9 to Dancing! Dex + Expression (10 Again) 4, 5, 3, 4, 9, 6, 4, 9, 8 3 successes
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

7. Likes liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

"Well. They do say that Halloween is a time when boundaries blur and mystical veils are parted."

A certain gleam glowed in his own eye.

He let a silence develop between them, filled by their motion and the music raining down upon them. Part of this was intentional - he was back matching his steps carefully to hers and trying not to make an ass of himself. At length, he decided he could not keep up the pace forever.

"Perhaps we should mingle?" he suggested as he flowed, close and intimate, to his partner. "See what trouble we can find away from the dance floor?"
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

Fisher

Extempor. Affinity: •••••
    Eidetic Memory

PRE

Fisher eyed Avis and Star out of the corner of her eye with concern, but when Tuesday responded she couldn't help but grin broadly herself in response to it. She took the drink and downed it. The creamy liquid traveled down her throat and it wasn't long before she started to feel a little warm. She chalked it up to the bodies packed into the place and her movement.

"AH!"
    she exclaimed setting down the glass. "The was really good. Maybe I'll give you one later," she finished with a joking grin.

The thyrsus was quick to follow the unicorn to the dance floor and did a little flailing of her own. Fisher was actually impressed that she seemed to keep up with her horned equine cabalie, must be the alcohol.

When Star started to make his way over she gave the exit a quick glance like she was ensuring the path for the quickest egress through the crowd was clear. It was only a moment but she caught herself and quashed her skittishness and gave the man a nervous smile. She had intended to avoid them the rest of the night, at least and maybe a little longer, cause it was like a nest of vipers with those two. However, the young man's charm grudgingly won her over and she relaxed a bit.

She was an odd mix of relaxation from the drinks and dancing, but tense and fearful that she would say or do the wrong thing to set them off again.

"Oh hey,"
    she said cautiously in response to his greeting.

"Um...ok. That's cool,"
    she replied to his apology.

When he directed a dance change she thought that she would try to change it up a bit and follow his lead, to fit in, but it came out all wrong and awkward. She stumbled a few times and felt foolish.

"Must be the drinks," she lied with a small chuckle. She didn't wanna make Star feel bad that she was nervous for other reasons.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-11-05 06:32:12 Fisher rolls 2 to dance (dex + express -1) (10 Again) 7, 8 1 success
      failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-11-05 06:57:10 Fisher rolls 2 to dance timewarp (dex + express -1) (10 Again) 3, 6 failure

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Defense: 3 +1
    Heath: Willpower
    Glamour:

House Call
    Defense: 3 +1
    Heath: Willpower
    Glamour:
    HS Choker+1 Defense, -1g. Sparation3 -1g

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

The lack luster way the Dancer joined in the expressing the rhythm of the song showed Mhairi that maybe the Winter Queen only joined her because she was the Ascendant Sovereign. Which was...well. A downer. Almost enough for Mhairi to forget the dark eyes upon her back. Almost, but not quite.

"Oh. Uh-thanks." Mhairi was confused. She didn't think her Starfire getup was cute - was that how people saw her when she tried to be not cute? "You're-ah-you're costume's pretty. I-ah-I don't think I'd be able to-ah-to dance with those wings." Even if Mhairi still thought that Raiment would have been even more beautiful upon the Dancer.

Oh! Was it just that she was hot and weighted down with the layers of fabric, maybe she shouldn't have taken the Winter away from her water...should they drift over to grab it?

"No. I-ah wanted to since-ah-since Terri told me about it. But-this is the-ah first time I've been able to come." Mhairi answers with a wide smile. Looking around the club, Mhairi wished she'd ventured here sooner. "Yes! It's-ah-it's interesting and awesome and-ah intriguing. Yeah." an other smile and a nod. "I-ah-I totally want to come-ah back soon!"
    Currently Just a Simple Shade Shard~

11. Likes West liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3
    Aurora Scenes

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Her eyebrows raise in mischief, “Now I remember hearing about the before, yet another reason this is such a fun holiday!” though she did wonder how much truth there was to the statement. Maybe it’d be something to ask Truce, Death was kinda his thing.

She could have stayed on the dance floor all night. It wasn’t often she went out dancing, and just letting yourself go and getting lost in the music was perfect to her.

Faye nods, “Yeah, and you mentioned a drink before I kinda got lost in the music before. Sorry.” She says with a grin and a slight shrug. What could she say, she was having fun. Grabbing his hand she leads him off the dance floor. It was easier that way, more people were on the dance floor then when they started, so they wouldn’t get separated.

Finding an empty enough spot, “Ok, so drink or mingle? Or drink and mingle?” she asks. It seemed most of VT was in the dance floor.

13. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

Campanella made a play of making a decision.

"Hmm. Mmm. Ah! Drink and mingle!" He gently guided Faye back to the bar and ordered some refreshment. "I'll let you decide where we head first. You seem more of a socialite than I." He added before he paid, gently pressing the cool glass into the Acanthus' hand.
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3
    Aurora Scenes

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

The Enchantress grins, raising the glass to her lips, eyes scanning the room. There was the blonde with the amazing angel costume, but she seemed occupied with another woman. The one from the Asylum.

“Hmm,” the only familiar…ish…face was Avis, who was at the bar. Star and the others were tearing up the dance floor. “If you don’t mind heading out onto the floor again, there seems to be a good gathering of some familiar faces out there. There doesn’t seem to be anyone else really just hanging out around the bar.”

Turning to her dancing partner she grins, “Think you can handle another swing on the dance floor with some of our associates?” she asks playfully.

Page 6 of 10 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Last
Closed Thread