Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Another Urgent Call, but for Rick!

THREADID

Rick's phone begins to ring. Ring-a-ring-ring!

It's his landlord!

What the hell could they want from Rick Pereg ?

L

"Hello?" If Rick sounded like he wasn't expecting the call it was probably because he hadn't spoken with his landlord in...a very long time.

"Hey, Rick, it's Beth, your landlord? Look, there was some plumbing issues with the unit above you and while they were fixing it they found there were some old pipes insulated with asbestos, soooo, the apartment isnt safe until we get all the guts replaced. Now, I know this is a major pain, but I have another property you can rent until the re-fit is over. Same rates, of course. Will, uh, will that work for you?" she asked, clearly not used to situations like this.

L

Plumbing problems? Maybe he was spending too much time in the Hedge lately...he hadn't even noticed. "Umm...yeah, sure, that'll be fine." It'd just be a different apartment that he barely spent any time in. The only inconvenience would be moving stuff over.

"Ok, great. I've got some people to help you move your stuff, and I've got all the details on your new place ready to give to you. Just let me know what day you'll want to do this and I'll make it happen," Beth said, relief clear in her voice.

L

Well, having movers provided would take most of the hassle out of getting his stuff over to the other place, he supposed. "Sounds good, I'll just check my calendar to figure out what works best and then get back to you about it."

"Ok, great, I'll talk to you then, and once more, very sorry about all this," Beth replied, sounding much more lighthearted then she had at the beginning of the conversation.

L

"Don't worry about it, you seem to be pretty on top of getting it all fixed and such. So yeah, I'll talk to you again when we get all the details and scheduling ironed out. Until then." And, supposing that she doesn't have anything else to say, Rick disconnects the call.

I'll open the thread soon!

Closed Thread