Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Urgent call for Evelynn East!!!

THREADID

Evelynn East's phone began to ring. It was her landlord, and they just wouldn't give up! Ringing, and ringing, and ringing, and ringing!

And Ringing!

And RINGING!

AND RINGING!

Evelynn East

Presence 2 (Curious)
    Wizened Inventor/Telluric

Winter Mantle:
    Moment of hush
    Evelynn East

Mask

Short and petite, Evelynn is pale, with a pair of wide brown eyes hidden behind a set of very large glasses.

Mein

A thin, long-fingered woman with eyes that are impossibly large and glassy, giving her the appearance of wearing large, thick glasses when she's not. Her skin is almost translucent in its paleness, and underneath, one can sometimes see the ticking of clockwork parts.

Mantle

The occasional hush falls around her - those moments of silence where surrounding conversations all lull at the same moment seem to happen more often, or perhaps the silences are just more noticeable.
    Pledges

Winter Annual Freehold Pledge

PRE

Evelynn answers the phone, the concern audible in her voice when she speaks. "Um, hello?

"Evelynn, hi," the inventor heard her landlord, Mike, say over the phone. "Um, look, I kind of have some bad news to share, but, um, I also have some good news, too, so just bear with me. Um. So, look, your neighbors lost track of a candle. It sort of...started a fire. But don't worry, the firefighters got there in time. Your apartment is, like, totally untouched. It's just that the building isn't really stable anymore so you're going to have to move. Thankfully, though, I just bought a new place. Single family dwelling, a house, large floor plan. I won't change the lease at all, and you can stay there until the fire damage is repaired."

Evelynn East

Presence 2 (Curious)

Winter Mantle:
    Moment of hush
    Evelynn East

Mask

Short and petite, Evelynn is pale, with a pair of wide brown eyes hidden behind a set of very large glasses.

Mein

A thin, long-fingered woman with eyes that are impossibly large and glassy, giving her the appearance of wearing large, thick glasses when she's not. Her skin is almost translucent in its paleness, and underneath, one can sometimes see the ticking of clockwork parts.

Mantle

The occasional hush falls around her - those moments of silence where surrounding conversations all lull at the same moment seem to happen more often, or perhaps the silences are just more noticeable.
    Pledges

PRE

There's a long pause, and then a clearing of the little Wizened's throat. "Ah-oh. Well, um, okay then. I... I suppose I'll go pack? Am I allowed back into my apartment to do that?" A home all to herself? Not having to listen to her neighbours through the walls? It sounded lovely. If, maybe, a little big for her all by herself. "Oh, um, thanks for looking out for me. It's nice of you to offer this place up."

"Ah-ha, well, it's not your fault this happened," Mike replied bashfully. "Just, uh...Yeah, well, I got the city's building department to put in some temporary supports. It's perfectly safe to get your stuff out, but it won't last. So just try and get packed up and then send me the bill for the moving costs and I'll drop it from your rent. I know it's not a great situation, but hopefully it won't be too painful. Besides, I think you'll like the new place. Just let me know when I should drop by with the key."

Evelynn East

Presence 2 (Curious)

Winter Mantle:
    Moment of hush
    Evelynn East

Mask

Mein

Mantle

Pledges

PRE

"Um, okay, I can go get my stuff this afternoon. You could come by with the key while I'm there? And thanks again!"

"No problemo," Mike replied, "I'll see you then."

The plot thread will be up in minutes!

Closed Thread