Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

Lazily walking along the sidewalk a battered guitar case in one hand. Tuesday hums, the sun was nearing it's zenith, today was indeed a lazy one. The Enchantress only just climbed out of bed, and ate a nice and fulfilling breakfast; one melted candy bar.

As her hazel eyes look for the prefect spot, she reaches within, and pushing outward, the Enchantress sees the Imago form as she twists Fate in her own favor.

Plopping her ass on a convenient bench, she sets her guitar case on the ground in front of her, opening it, she takes an equally battered acoustic guitar from within. Spinning the battered case around with her foot, the Acanthus sets about seeing to her guitar. Calloused fingers feel the strings, before strumming them a ear open for the sounds. With a sigh, she begins the ardous (but expected) task of re-tuning her baby.

Once that's done Tuesday settles her guitar on her lap and begins to play, the intro giving her enough time to close her eyes and sway to the melody she's creating. Once her voice is added to the song, she waits until just....then to start tapping her foot in time with the beat.

2 suxx Winds of Chance
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-08-06 18:11:18 Tuesday rolls 5 to Winds of Chance! (Fate + Gno) (10 Again) 7, 5, 3, 8, 8 2 successes
      3 suxx Singing!
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-08-06 18:12:03 Tuesday rolls 7 to Singing! (Presence 3 + Expression 3 + Specialty) (10 Again) 10, 2, 10, 1, 6, 8, 1, 6, 6 3 successes
      4 suxx Playing the guitar!
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-08-06 18:12:58 Tuesday rolls 7 to Guitar (Presence 3 + Expression 3 + Specialty) (10 Again) 10, 6, 10, 1, 9, 5, 8, 5, 7 4 successes
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

2. Likes Cayce, Cerberus, West liked this post
    Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

(Winds of Chance)Mana 0 Spent
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Book Keeping~!

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

It takes work. Effort.

Not the jogging.

No, the incredibly pasty white legs. They attest to careful, countless hours of being covered by khaki. And, really? If free-running hadn't ruined more than one pair already, they'd be covered right now. Okay, maybe more jogging and day-dreaming about free-running -- but it's all the same, right?

And then the pricklies. Little needles all over his skin, like a blood deprived appendage suddenly waking up. Where... there.

Some chick wasting a great voice on caterwauling. Try some Pink, yo. Better yet, Joan Jett. Or Dusty Springfield. No, Stevie Nicks.

"Alfie! Alison Moyet!"

Whoops. That was out loud, wasn't it? He paused, jogging in place.

"Hey. You. You know any Yaz? Or Yazoo, depending where you're from? Alison Moyet. Something like, 'Only You'. Or 'Good-Bye Seventies'. No. Definitely 'Only You'."

Solid conversation starter, if Totally Unintentional.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

5. Likes Cayce, , Cerberus liked this post

Wayland

Public Name: Richard "Richie" Holt
    Wayland

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Spells (3/3)

??? (Cloaked, Pot 4)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 6)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 7)

PRE

He'd had a productive day so far, with just about everything he'd wanted to find now carefully packed in an old hiking day pay slung over a shoulder. Well, some things that he couldn't find he'd still been able to source, but just weren't ready yet.

Walking down the busy street Wayland was scanning the crowd out of habit, ranking people on the fly with a threat assessment and his likely response if something started. A useful trick and had to practice, but over time it becomes second nature. Man in the brown suit with briefcase in hand and talking on a cell phone in the other, low threat; Woman holding the hand of a small bored looking child but also scanning the crowd, other hand unmoving in handbag, medium threat...

It was the sound of music ahead that drew him away from his practice. Not the voice, but the notes from the guitar. Wayland could appreciate the skill and quality of a well trained voice, but it was the quality of sound that could be produced by the guitar that drew him in.

Seeing the source he recognised Tuesday from the Concillium meeting, but he only noticed Star when he started making requests, and that annoyed Wayland greatly. Not his presence, but the fact he hadn't noticed him, especially after practicing his 'spot the threat' exercise.

About to say hi, Star's words registered. Da fuck?. " 'Only you?' Nagh, somethin' like, 'Hotel California' man. A bit of Eagles bro, that's the money song."

7. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

As she sings, she can feel her voice fully wake as the last few cords sound. Her eyes open when the sound of someone jogging in place reaches past the song she's crafting. Her hazel eyes open to see a pair of pale ass knobby knees.

Like really, really pale knobby ass knees.

Tuesday's head tilted as she stared at them, her fingers absently strumming a few cords. The the voice belonging to those knobby, knobby knees starts calling out song requests. Then another, voice, somewhat familiar joins in, Tuesday takes her eyes off the knees (does she have a thing about knees? Or was because of how white they were?) and up to see Wayland.

"Hey!" her rasping voice greets the Moros before the absent cords form a new song, though not one from the requests, the Enchantress lifts a foot and gives her battered guitar case, filled with a few crumpled bills, and a scattering of change, a few taps, as she arches a brow.

The message clear as her rasping voice joins in with the new melody. Though apparently their heckling requests threw her off her game just a tad.

1 suxx Guitar
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-08-08 18:06:53 Tuesday rolls 7 to Guitar (Presence 3 + Expression 3 + Specialty) (10 Again) 8, 5, 4, 1, 6, 7, 6 1 success
      2 suxx Singing!
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-08-08 18:07:18 Tuesday rolls 8 to Singing! (Presence 3 + Expression 3 + Specialty + DV) (10 Again) 6, 9, 4, 3, 6, 5, 9, 1 2 successes

9. Likes Cayce liked this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

This guy.

"The Eagles? That's so, like, Nineties. Being an Eagles fan. Also, I'm not your 'bro'. Far from it. As long as you're going to throw out the 'yo' and 'bro' and try to pull off the whole Ghetto Surfer act, you can't really break character with asking for Eagles. I mean, what's the point of an act if you're going to give yourself away? You should probably, I dunno, ask for 'Walk This Way'? You know that song, right? RUN-DMC and Steven Tyler from Aerosmith. See, it goes with that whole schtick. It's just, like, what that kind of person would actually listen to."

Square pegs and round holes. Greenish eyes were wide and expressive as they stared at Wayland. The guy who crapped on his own Order.

"Speaking of? Great combos. Like Dee-Jay Run, Darryl McDaniels, Jam Master Jay and Steven Tyler. Not sure about the whole 'I-Dress-Like-Dez-And-Talk-Like-Jack' act you do. But, really, it just makes me curious? As in, whoah, spooky curious. Just how long did you, like, spy on us? Before you decided to copy us? You know what. Don't answer that. I mean, they say imitation is flattery, right?"

He'd jammed it all in the span of Tuesday's song, flashing Wayland a grin as the Enchanter finished. Maybe he'd even been quiet enough that the singer hadn't heard.

"Oh, did you think that was a request? That I needed to pay for?" This is Actual Surprise for Tuesday. "That was a suggestion. Maybe you could, you know, make better tips. I mean, aren't you more likely to get tipped singing what people want to hear and that matches with your voice? The demographics there. Even Target used Depeche Mode in a couple of their commercials. Can I?"

Long fingers requested the guitar.

"Were you staring at my shoes? Did I step in dog poo?"
    - Roald Dahl

11. Likes Cayce liked this post

Wayland

Wayland

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Spells (3/3)

??? (Cloaked, Pot 4)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 6)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 7)

PRE

Many people had many talents, but music and singing were definitely not part of Wayland's repertoire. He was even loathe to sing in the shower, his vocal skills as terrible as they were. Still, he had to admit, Tuesday has talent and her music was pleasant to listen to on such a fine day.

Her not-so-subtle hint with the guitar case made him chuckle and he fished a good number of small notes from his pocket and put them in the case. Busking was an art, and one that involves more than just the music. Appearance is king, and the contents of the case can help bring in more, as does a crowd. People either stop and watch or walk on by, and the presence of cash in the case and a small crowd watching can sometimes be the difference between someone walking by and dropping some coins in, or just walking by.

"Ahh, it's good to see ya too..." he replies back to Star, cause that's what polite people do right? Give pleasanties before attacking them verbally? I mean, he'd onyl really spoken to Star like, twice before, one of which was the dreadful moment with Miach and Avis at the Museum. Wait, did that still happen? Was it like, even real anymore?

Wayland looks down at himself in confusion, "Man, in what world do I look like an Eagles fan. Like, seriously? I'm more a fan of bands like Radiohead, and The White Stripes, the Fooies... and Prince. Can't go wrong with a bit'a old school Prince. These days i'm likin' more hiphop and rap like, Ice Cube and Kurupt." Hip-hop purists will say that west coast rap lacks in lyricism and substance, but what it lacks in lyrical acrobatics and 'message,' it more than makes up for in personality, and that's what he'd always been drawn to.

"But like, I said Eagles, and I mean Hotel California specific like, cause its a buskin' classic. You wanna bring in the cash, you play the staples, ya know? American Woman, Sweet Caroline, that kinda gear."

He looks around him. With a questioning look on his face. Spy on us? Copy us? Which 'us' is he talking about anyway? Fuck it, don't care. It's not a conversation for now in this place, and Star seemed to have made his 'point' and didn't want to continue.

Wayland hung around for another song, cause crowds bring interest.

Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

When the music plays it's like she's in her own little world. And island of one. The stink of beer and the crashing sound of bottle braking farther away then just memory.

So the Enchantress is oblivious to the harsh words spoken between the other two magi.

At the words that Star spoke that Tuesday did hear cause the Enchantress to bark out a laugh. "I ain't three shades of stupid. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it don't. Besides, it was more for this dude anyway." she jerks a thumb in the direction of Moros. A grin is born when he tosses in a few bills. "Thank ye kindly." she rasps in Wayland's direction, miming a hat tip in thanks.

Her easy grin and almost spoken question of why he wanted to hear turns in a baleful stare at those long fingers inching towards her baby. She hisses at Star, clutching her battered guitar close. "This is my baby. You are not gonna get all grabby with a women's baby!" Her words sharp as her hazel eyes flick down. If he did have shit on his shoe it would end up in that mop he calls hair if his lay one finger on her baby.

Because Fate. That's why.

14. Likes Cayce liked this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Sorry."

A shriek of laughter.

The sound rang in the Angel's ears as hands came up in a defensive gesture. Defensive, and apologetic. Him? Maybe he'd react the same way if a stranger asked for his blue six-string.

"I didn't, uh. Think you were stupid? Just maybe, you know. Playing the stuff you personally liked. We were going to, that is, my friend and I. Dez. Do you know Dez?"
    A hand jutted out, Avis' height. "Dark hair, likes hoodies?"

Possibly cussing someone out. That 'Dez'.

"Anyway, we were going to start a band, a while back? Kinda-sorta... with a message." Ideological warfare. Where had that one singer Lynn gone? "So what I guess I'm really trying to say is, sorry if I'm super over-interested in your music."

Two steps back.

"Anyway? Looks like this is a You Do You I'll Do Me thing, so, like, my bad."
    - Roald Dahl

16. Likes Cayce liked this post

Wayland

Wayland

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Spells (3/3)

??? (Cloaked, Pot 4)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 6)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 7)

PRE

There was a level of protectiveness in Tuesday's voice when she clutched her guitar close away from Star's long fingers. "Yo ease up." Wayland soothes to Tuesday, "I'll vouche for this one hey." It was endearing to see Tuesday hold such reverence for an old battered instrument. And he suspected that if he offered to use his skill to fix it back to new she'd more than likely refuse. Those old dents and scratches had meaning, so of which probably helped influence the sound it made.

Turning to Star, he re-affirmed his view about Theurgists in general. Zealots the lot of them, and they were always right. No deftness about them, wielding subtley and Truth like a brick. Cogs fell into place and comments made sense. Avis. He's seen her play the Bass guitar before in the Circle, and she'd been pretty good, but she didn't strike him as the band type. "Yeah, i've seen Dez play. Didn't know you did though. Just guitar or like, somethin' else as well?"

He could imagine Avis' process in playing in an Awakened band. Conflict between the player's notes fighting the emotion of the crowd is an interesting concept. "Like, what kinda music were you gonna play?" He was genuinely curious, cause the type of music, and even the target audience, depends on the message you are trying to present.

18. Bump West "Bump" this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread