Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

By the Hot Dog Stand

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

The sun is high in the sky, the Californian blistering summer heat makes the East Ender sweat from all her pores, she has just arrived and is already missing home or at least ac. Despite the obvious discomfort there she is, near the hot dog stand, seating on her black motorcycle and admiring the kine going about their miserable and meaningless life.

The Mystagogue is wearing jean shorts, a worn black shirt that has been washed one too many times with a faded alien stamped on it showing the middle finger. She is sporting her shades, some polarized Raiban with round lenses, the only accouterments that don't seem to be somehow counterfeit or worn. She bought it on duty free on her way to the US. On her feet she wears tightly fit black army boots and her hair is tied in a up do.

Black Swan is patiently waiting for someone while reading messages in her mobile phone and pondering weather she will go and pick a hot dog by the hot dog stand that has no queue or if she chooses the ice cream van on the other side of the road that suddenly has a small crowd hoping to find relief from the heat.

The sight and the shield she cast in the hostel after she left her stuff would keep her safe and aware for the time being...

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Improper use of Words of Power -- Spells not cast.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

3. Bump Wod.Infant "Bump" this post

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

Varyx's nimbus is subtle - she still looks more or less like herself, but there's something about her, something difficult to put your finger on... She's always been beautiful, but it's magnified and somehow terrible. Something so lovely can't be human, and it gives the people around her the impression that maybe she doesn't have any humanity, either.

+2
    SL
    PRE

Pulling up on the side of the road, Varyx regretted having to leave the air-conditioned enclosure of her car. But she did, nonetheless, and stepped out onto the sidewalk. She was dressed as casually as she ever was, which meant artfully torn jeans and a fashionably loose-fitting t-shirt, both evidently designer if one knew what to look for. Sunglasses perched on her nose hide her eyes as her gaze sweeps over the area. It's not hard to spot the woman she's looking for, and approaches with a smile.

"You're Jane, I assume?" She extends a hand for a handshake, her tone cordial and inviting. "My name's Vanessa."

5. Likes Wod.Infant liked this post
    Bump West "Bump" this post

”Oi, Vanesa!”

“Fancy meeting you here!”
    There’s the unmistakable accent of something British, Londoner, East Ender. Her hazel eyes take a brief moment with the Herald capturing first impressions. From the way she closes her expression it’s difficult to judge, only a brief breeze of boredom or maybe just a bilious or overly neurotic personality type.

”So, yes, I’m Jane.” A brief shrug. What now?

”Hotdog?” She points to the nearest stand. ”Ice cream?” She points to the one on the other side of the street as if both choices meant the same to her…

”By the way, thanks for meeting me, in person, and in such short notice. I arrived early but I thought being who you are you should know as soon as possible.” That and of course of her intention to find her feet in Sacramento. She wasn’t just asking for passage…

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

Varyx's nimbus is subtle - she still looks more or less like herself, but there's something about her, something difficult to put your finger on... She's always been beautiful, but it's magnified and somehow terrible. Something so lovely can't be human, and it gives the people around her the impression that maybe she doesn't have any humanity, either.

+2
    SL
    PRE

Jane suggests food, but Varyx shakes her head. "Thanks, but no thanks." She does, however, hand a bill off to the man at the hot dog stand in exchange for a can of Coke. "And of course, it's no problem. It's my job to meet the new arrivals, after all." Her smile suggests she doesn't mind.

Her gaze wanders over the woman, and then the bike, and there's something like approval in her expression when she meet Swan's gaze once again. "Nice bike. So, what brings you to town?" There's the crack of the can opening, and she takes a sip, her expression open and neutral while she waits for the other woman's response.

”I’m famished!” She confesses after the Herald cracks the can open. As she does so she leaves her street bike and approaches the stand asking for a hot dog, extra fried onion. After she receives it she pays and squeezes an unhealthy dose of ketchup on top.

”It’s mostly to help me dodge the traffic, I hate getting stuck in it, especially after leaving work…” There is a hint of a smirk in her lips before she bites and eats a chunk of the hotdog. Her head shakes at the notion of getting stuck into traffic after work, there seems to be some hidden double entendre from the way her words were put.

”You sure you don’t want any? They taste wonderfully!” The Mystagogue takes a second bite at her hotdog, half of it is gone already… she doesn’t make a mess out of it, more like a fast and efficient hot dog eater. Nothing is wasted.

”I’m here mostly because, to tell you the truth, I was tired of being in London and decided to take wing, you know leave home and visit the United States and California.” At the mention of taking wing she casually switches the hotdog from one hand to the other and her fingers form the letter “M” for those versed in sign language (pinky to the ball of the hand, thumb tucked in, remaining fingers over the thumb) but as quickly as it is her hand grabs the hotdog and is gone… might have just been the way she had of getting rid of the grease in her fingers.

”You know this way I get to use these bloody sunglasses more than just once a year!"

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

+2
    SL
    PRE

Varyx laughed. Now that was a reason she could relate to.

She recognized that the woman's sign was a sign, but not, precisely, what it was. No matter, it would undoubtedly come up soon enough. Perhaps in a more private conversation.

"I can only imagine that the weather here is rather enviable for someone from London. Although, I have found there's much to love there, too." She took another sip of her drink, likely the woman's flamboyant manner of interaction. "And they're such fashionable sunglasses too. It's practically a crime not to wear them as often as you have an opportunity," she quipped, smiling jovially.

"So, do you have any questions for me?"

10. Bump West "Bump" this post

”Yeah, alright!” Black Swan shrugs. In the end sunglasses were just sunglasses and she somehow doubted that the Herald actually meant that… yeah, judging types, first impressions, all of those psychological bullocks!

She decided to up the ante from the cocktail conversation to something less superficial.

”They are just sunglasses… like anything else.” She adds in a somber note, her eyes casting a shadow in the blistering heat.

”No matter how much we fight this prison we still live inside it, right… I mean in our mind, chewing at the back of our brains!” The knowledge of it made it all the more painful. Without making much room for a reply she decides to follow up on the Herald’s lead.

”Oi! I have plenty of questions, I was just hoping you would point me out to a place and time to discuss them! I’m planning on sticking around and help build the community… I’m a community person if you couldn’t tell!” The last one elicited a smile half joking half seriously.

”I just hope I'm not taking you away from that moment of the day when you have to walk your dog!" Because British humor, you either have it or you try!

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

+2
    SL
    PRE

Varyx laughed, shaking her head at the dog joke. She couldn't fault Jane for lacking in energy, that seemed certain.

"Well then, you'll either be pleased or disappointed to hear that you've come to us in a very... tumultuous time. Here." She drew a business card out if her purse and wrote a time and address on it. "We can speak more freely here, if you'd like. For now, just know that I'm glad to have another such community minded person around." A friendly smile. "We could certainly use the extra set of hands."

Sorry for the lack of formatting, I'm on my phone!

”Jolly!” She offers after picking the card from Vanesa.

”Alright, an extra set of hands…” There’s a brief look at her open palms. ”Mine are pretty average, I hope you don’t mind!” The Mystagogue concluded in what could only be guessed to be some sort of self deprecated comment and humorous attempt.

After a moment there is an audible sigh at the realization of what tumultuous could really mean. ”Don’t worry, in the end if we are thorough with our decisions we are victorious.” Tradition, Rationality and Gnosis, the three pillars of the Mysterium.

After assuring the Herald, Black Swan shakes her head and seems to change subject.

”So, Vanessa, what do you usually like to do around when you have free time?” And so she informally starts her first attempt at working her Guan Xi in Sacramento.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread