DISPLAYED
Old Sacramento State Park

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

The story so far:
    Trying to track down the significance of missing books from a local store, a group of Mages found themselves near the Tower Bridge, where they took interest in a vagrant. After inviting him to O'Mally's pub, they engaged an unknown Mage, which resulted in their vagrant disappearing; a bar brawl which incapacitated Tug, and the meeting of two more mages -- Ash and Shadow. They have now retreated to a small park to sort things out...

With Brutus and Teegan both leaving, and the meeting of Ash and Shadow, it's quite a different group than begun the day...

Although dusk is quickly approaching, Old Sacramento State Park still has it's share of visitors. Being on 'the water', it's a favorite.

Please remember to track your Mana if you do not have a Hallow...
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Orphan

PRE

< OOC - Orphan's stats in the sig should be current. I assume he's not had time to get back to the Hallow at the Circle of Creation or engage in an oblation ritual. >

"Okay, let's figure out what the heck happened there at the bar," Orphan says. "First things first: How Tug and I happened to be there.

"I went to a used bookstore, and while there, I decided to take a look around with the Sybil's Sight. It showed me something interesting... that the absence of some books was important to Fate. Talking to the cashier, I was able to get a vague idea who might have purchased the books - a homeless-looking guy that hangs at the Tower Bridge. Not knowing whether the Fate in question was a good or a bad one, or something relatively trivial or of vast importance, we headed to the Tower Bridge to check things out. I never did see a sign of the books. I took some time to study how the Fates of various people there at the park were connected. Several people's fates were connected to a hot dog vendor, and the guy I thought we were looking for, this guy napping on a park bench... well, he read as completely disconnected from anything nearby."

He then gestures to Tug to continue.

Darren Nash

PRE

Ash drives to the park and meets with the others, trying his hardest not to rub his jaw and look like a pansy in front of his new friends. He then listens intently to Orphan start this tale of misfortune.

PRE

Tug wasn't entirely sure they should be trusting these two that just 'happened' to show up one day, but, hell, so had he and Falx at one point. The first said he was an Arrow, the second one was an Apostate. Once, he would have thought to send her to Jammer, but he didn't trust him ever since Orphan had spotted spies in the Rastafarian's club, and had refused to do anything about it, and probably helped them escape. Perhaps he...they, that is, the Arrows, ought to look after her. She's certainly easy to look at.

"Uh, yeah, so, basically, uh, I thought the guy would let his guard down and chat if I offered him booze, so I told him I was a grad student working on a paper and told him I'd take him to a bar if he'd answer some questions." Tug sounds proud to have thought of something so clever. He winks at Shadow. "I'm not just another pretty face." The memory of his conversation with Onions recalled some of that irritation in the big Thyrsus' expression as he continues, "But, he was confusing, and insulting, and he pretty much ignored every damn thing I said. That is, until he told me that if I'd just stop fucking around and show him the key, he'd tell me what to tell Peter." He tries to gloss quickly over the embarrassing next part. "So I thought I'd reveal my nimbus in the middle of a crowded bar, and he freaked, and looked out the window and saw this guy on a bike starin' at us. I tried to scrutinize the guy, and got 'dox'ed." He pauses for them to add this up. Then he nods at Orphan.

"There was a funeral for three of us not long ago. Two kids and an Arrow. A sniper struck while we were grieving our fallen, and two more of us. When we tried to fight back, we got 'dox'ed even on our covert stuff, and bad. So when I got 'dox'ed in the bar, I ran out to confront the sonuvabitch on a bike. I couldn't get a hold of him, though, and he Force'd me back into the bar and then he Force'd that insult I was supposed to have yelled at those guys." He tries to shrug it off, but his pride is clearly wounded by the reminder that six angry Irishmen were enough to take him down. Eventually.

"So, anyway, you all saw the rest there. I guess the bum got away. The guy on the bike got away. I wish I had got a license plate, at least. Dammit."

Q

Matteo Guarnaschelli

Presence 3 (Artsy)
    Blood Potency 1

Mortal Status:
    Culture 1 (Musician)

Vampire Status:
    Invictus 2
    Nosferatu 1

Shadow smirks at the comment directed at her. "I see. Did you know if the man was Awake before you revealed your nimbus?" She looks to Tug. "Unfortunately, I did not notice the biker at all, so I cannot be any help in that regard."

Darren Nash

PRE

Ash isn't one for the small talk and tries to take in what has been going on in this city.

And I thought I had it rough.

As he listens, he moves his hands around the rote taught to him by Falcon, and focuses on lessening the bruises and softening the pain behind his eyes.

1 Mana to cast Self Healing

Fuck, Ash thinks as the ache in his jaw doesn't throb as much, need to work on that.

PRE

"Nah, I don't know for sure if he was one of us or not," Tug tells them. "It was reckless of me," he admits, before explaining to the little lady, "but I'm kinda known around here anyway. You mighta seen me before, I used to play ball for the Raiders?" He shrugs. It's no big deal. Anyone could play in the NFL. Anyway. "So tell us about yourself, Miss Shadow," he smiles, "and what brings you to Sac-town. You're sticking around, yeah?" Are Ash and Orphan even here? Tug doesn't seem oblivious to their presences just now.

Q

Matteo Guarnaschelli

Presence 3 (Artsy)
    Blood Potency 1

Mortal Status:
    Culture 1 (Musician)

Vampire Status:
    Invictus 2
    Nosferatu 1

"Not much of a football fan, unfortunately." Shadow returns the slight smile. "Was last in Los Angeles; was getting a bit crowded there, so I came north. Planning on staying a while; seems like a nice enough place."

Darren Nash

PRE

"How's the head?" Ash asks Tug, a little concerned for the big guy.

Well, they do wear helmets in their sport, right?

Orphan

PRE

"Here's my suggestion how we go from here," Orphan says. "Assuming you all want in on this," he adds, nodding to Ash and Shadow.

"Let's take a bit to get our heads together, get healed up, then go back to the bar, to try to find out whatever we can about the guy on the motorcycle - especially what he was doing between the time he arrived and the time he left - and what happened to the guy Tug and I were looking into. Given the track record of the motorcycle guy, I'm guessing the other guy might be dead, but let's find out for sure. If we need to go into the bar to look into things, maybe we can bring a couple take-out pizzas or something to show no hard feelings.

"Thoughts?"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread