Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
61 - 70
DISPLAYED
Checking in at the Delta King

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 7 of 8 First ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
    C
    Casitive

For a moment, David stares at his phone while the light illuminates the sharp lines of his face. Without a reply yet from Katya ( sumthingpositiv ), David takes the matter into his own hands and types in a couple of search-terms: Grindhouse, Sacramento CA. It can't hurt to see if there's any fragments or mentions of the place still living in a corner of the vast and infinite.

West : Google-able?

Nothing we don't already know,” David replies, “the SUV sped down K-Street. Grindhouse is before my time. The mind of the kine were also too loud for me to read their thoughts.” Said so matter-of-factly, one might overlook the admission that the Shadow Priscus can read minds. Eyes travel over his screen as the Shadow then notes, “Citrus Heights is the base of operations for these insurgents, so probably more there than the Barrens.

M
    Matrixchild

Brittany had no idea where this "Grindhouse" was, but it made her think of the old style exploitation films of the 70s. As she listened to Robert and David her ears perked up as she noticed David casually mention his ability to read mind. The Mekhet Priscus was certainly full of surprises. "You're probably right about Citrus Heights being closer to the right place. Without more info we gotta work with what we have. Did she send you anything else?"

Turning off all Heightened Senses.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Grindhouse was closed... early 2009, and was fairly niche/underground. You can roll Int+Computers -3 to see if Google can be cajoled into turning up any old references that might contain a location, Casitive David Regan
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

C
    Casitive

Another few pokes and prods of his cellular phone yields nothing. With a, bordering on frustrated, sigh escaping David's lips, the Shadow declares, “Unless one of you is a wizard with computers, I can't find anything about a Grindhouse in Sacramento or its address on the internet. Most of what I'm finding is about the genre of film.” Not a genre David particularly likes that much either; all of it exploitative.

Answering Brittany's question, “No, nothing new as of yet from Katya.

Computer Roll: WP Used failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-07-30 21:53:46 David Regan rolls 5 to Intelligence + Computer - 3 (10 Again, WillPower) 2, 4, 4, 6, 1 failure

Robert Cross
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Contacts
    (Emergency Services, Criminals)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Robert Cross

Nosferatu | Lancea Sanctum

Nosferatu Curse: Cross has obviously been badly burned in the past with visible scars to prove it, and is that a faint smell of burnt hair and skin?

NOS
    PRE

David's inability to scare up any details on their lead draws nothing but a frown from the Burned Man. Though it's not like he could do any better. Cross is the furthest thing from a computer whiz. And besides, he's driving, no way he can pay that much attention to his phone. As he thinks things over, he starts to navigate the car south again, toward the on-ramp for I-5 North. No reason not to start heading toward Citrus Heights.

Still, he's got an idea, even if it's a long shot. He might not be able to surf the web while driving, but he can, however, manage to find a number in his address book and hit the "call" button. "Let me try something," he announces to the car in general as he puts the phone to his ear.

He's not sure if it's worth his time, but cops tend to know a lot about the cities they patrol. Maybe one of his contacts has heard of this "Grindhouse" place before. The first one he chooses has a long time on the SPD. And he's helped Cross out in the past, even if he is a pain in the ass to deal with. Hopefully the old bastard hasn't completely shot his memory with booze.

"Hey Phil. It's Bobby." He pauses. Brittany and David can surely hear the sound of a boisterous asshole squawking on the other end of the line. "Yeah, I know." If anyone's looking, they'll see Cross roll his eyes. "Fuck Phil. I know, okay. I get it. Listen, though, I need a favor. You ever heard of a place called Grindhouse? Or The Grindhouse? Could have something to do with movies?" Or maybe it didn't. But David had mentioned film, so Cross figures it's worth a try.

Cross will try to pull some information from his contacts on the force. Let me know if you need any rolls to accomplish this, West .

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Grindhouse was too hush-hush* for Contacts to cut it. Allies 3+ might do it.

* Allies were used to keep it quiet/covered up.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Robert Cross
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Contacts
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Robert Cross

Nosferatu Curse: Cross has obviously been badly burned in the past with visible scars to prove it, and is that a faint smell of burnt hair and skin?

NOS
    PRE

Useless. Cross wonders how Phil has managed to keep his badge when's drunk 95% of the time. Like now, for instance.

"Ok. Yeah. Ok. Alright Phil. Thanks anyway."

He hangs up, dropping the phone into the cup holder next to him. Clearly frustrated. "Nothing. Fucking Nothing."

They're getting onto the highway now. Cross falls silent, focusing on getting them to Citrus Heights as fast as he can. "Next stop Citrus Heights. Unless anyone has a better idea." At this point he's driving just to do something, to feel like they're doing something. But deep down, he knows they're searching for a needle in a haystack.

Come on Katya...Give us a fucking break here.

C
    Casitive

Cross gets his wish when David's phone chimes, as though Sutekh himself heard his unvoiced plea. It doesn't take long for David to turn the screen on and to navigate to the text message, but it takes a few moments for David's mind to parse.

Buried in the bland language of the message, is a sense of relief.

Plan has changed,” David announces in an emotionally tired voice, “the Archon and Rhayna came to an agreement. Katya will explain, but she has a hard-drive and a USB.

The milquetoast Witness then states, “I'll call her, if you'd like to meet now, and set up a rendezvous point.

M
    Matrixchild

"I've never been great at finding stuff online so I wouldn't be much help." Before she could continue with the discussion of where to go next David drops some serious news. Brittany kind of sat in a daze for a moment, because the result surprised her more than she expected.

"We should probably meet up to figure out what's next. I mean, is it over? Like, is all of this crap over or just the stuff with Rhayna you know?" Brittany didn't want to be left in the dark about the assignment. Meeting up would probably be for the best. Lack of communication led to improper assumptions after all.

Robert Cross
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Contacts
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Robert Cross

NOS
    PRE

An agreement? Cross wonders what could've changed the course they were on. Violence, once promised, is hard to deter. Cross is not one to negotiate for peace, it's not one of his strong suits. But he's also pragmatic enough to understand that such arrangements are often necessary. He nods his understanding to the Priscus, even if--deep down--his beast growls its discontentment.

"I agree," he adds after Brittany expresses her desire for a debriefing. "Let's try to meet up with them."

Cross pulls the vehicle off the highway at the next exit and waits for David to arrange their next rendezvous.

Page 7 of 8 First ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 24

You do not have permission to view the list of names.