Ended
Watch

Fanny Ann's Saloon

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    C
    Cartographer

A calm almost mournful look returned to Reese, but inside he was glowing. Some ghouls, would learn over time, to use their masters as cover. Royal, apparently hadn't learned that lesson yet, and the fact that she was so scared of newcomers....Well it felt good to put the little slave in her place.

He returns to his seat and takes a deep drink from the glass. "Even if you haven't left America, where have you been stateside?" Reese poses the question with a popped eyebrow and a glance to the side. "Or are you a Sacramento native?"

Royal blinks, confused for a moment as she eyes the two men, wondering if they're taking the piss out of her.

"Are you having a laugh? That I just talk like this for kicks. I'm English. I'm from England. Or have you never spoken to an Englishwoman before?" At least she used to be English, on paper anyways. Defectors tend to give up their claim to their country of origin. Though until she lost her accent it'd be strange to refer to herself as 'American'. "But yeah, I've done a bit of traveling. Here and there. Done the whole bog standard touristing. And you? You're all from the States then, are you?"

C
    CMS

Luca shrugs. "Maybe you had English parents, who knows." He smiles and tries to not seem offended at her tone. "My mothers sicilian, but apart from a trip back home I haven't traveled much." When she talks about touristing, a small flash of interest shows in his face, but apart from that he says and does nothing. His focus slowly migrating to the two other kindred. Studying Mr. Reese and Whitney, waiting for any comment that he could latch unto, and lead the topic in a more neutral direction.

Whitney snorted and cursed as she wiped alcohol from her chin, finding Royal's answer hilarious and unexpected. The girl had balls and even though the Savage was perhaps not as savage as some, she found fast wit more attractive than bulging muscles or a pretty face.

"But you don't have a Sicilian accent, sooooooo..." Whitney trailed off with a grin, answering Luca, perhaps defending the ghoul but still: Girls stuck together, right?

"New York, born, bred and..." Dead. She had almost slipped up and stopped herself short. The empty glass was placed down on the bar and she ordered a second. Vomit and blood was the norm now anyway. "Rode from East to West looking for a new home, somewhere with less rain, you know? Thought I could touch up my tan."

C
    CMS

He smiled "You should hear my italian then..." he chuckeled and turned his attention to her story nodding along to suggest that he was interested in what she had to say, even though she bored him more than he cared to admit. Luca was determined to make a good impression on the Kindred in town, and hence he faked interest "So how are you liking it? Making friends and connections and all that? I'm always pleased to meet people from back home, so forgive me if I intrude." He remembered the Priscus had talked about holding a family meeting soon, and he wondered silently if this woman was of his family. Had he seen her at court? He wasn't sure...

Royal can't help but smirk at Whitney's teasing. If she allows herself to believe it, they don't seem all that different from normal people. But there's something forced or fake about their movements. Something subtle about their smiles and laughs that sent a shiver up her spine.

"A tan? That a joke too?" the Ghoul remarks in a softer tone. "I wonder what SPF sunscreen you'd need." She's all too aware of their weakness, but it's interesting to hear one make light of it. Especially compared to Josephine's sense of humor.

"I did stop in New York City for a spell. One of the first places I visited. It's quite the island. I was glad I got to see it," she remarks on the subject of New York.

7. Likes Forn Clakes liked this post

Whitney laughed at Royal's little joke and threw her a wink. "Play your card right and I might show you my white bits," she jested. Ok, so the weather wasn't exactly the real reason she'd driven across the entire country to get to California but she wasn't going to let that slip out to anyone quite yet.

"Sacramento? Its great!" she replied to Luca, leaning with her back to the bar. "Old Town is especially bright and vibrant, reminds me of home, you know?"

C
    CMS

"If you like history and that sorta thing, you should consider heading out to Sutter's fort, I heard the town sprang up around it. Never been myself, but that one should be the oldest part of Sacramento" Luca said. When he was alive it had still been abandoned, and it was only during his sleep that it was designated a historical monument, and he had not visited it ever, although he had heard stories from when his days as a criminal. His kind always found a use for abandoned structures, maybe it was just big talk from the fella's out west - he would have to check that out some night in the not so distant future, maybe something had been left behind by the fanatics of the gold rush, or some Kindred benefactor of theirs.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Tim excuses himself and leaves.

It's been a week since the Character or Player account was logged in to.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

"I've heard of Sutter's Fort, I read about it on one of the flyers from the hotel I've been staying at as I find an apartment, you know? Not sure of the opening times but we should give the place a visit, if you're free? The Wild West was always a favourite of my Dad's," Whitney added with a chuckle.

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread