Ended
Watch
41 - 50
DISPLAYED
Electric Fairyland Opening

Page 5 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
    S
    Sasha

L'aire had resigned to ask Daniel about the silliness later. She shrugged it off for now, the Fairest was sure he was just trying to do it as a precaution. Unless... the Gravewight thought of her that way. Although, she turned away from him and snickered as he called after Coco.

Her attention turned to Saul, content that others seemed to be occupied in conversation. Despite her thoughts about Daniel saying what he did, she did appreciate his concern, if that's what it was.

"Yeah, I do. And Daniel's right, it's a club of sorts." L'aire shrugged passing that off for now.

The Celtic music made her want to fall into the Irish step dancing she'd done plenty of times. "I teach at a dance studio in town. Sometimes I go clubbing, mostly to the ones who play good music. Nox is one of my favorites." Mostly because she'd run into Him all the time. Although, it wasn't just there, more so wherever good music was playing.

"So, aside from bookstores, how about you? What do you do... or will this be taking up all your free time." Gesturing to the new enviroment he'd opened that evening.

Free Council

Temoins du Sud, Doorwarden
    Crowley

Free Council

PRE

"A club, eh? Yep. Know that feeling. A lot of my acquaintances are like that. Cliquish, you know. I swear, sometimes you'd think we have our own secret society going on. You ever get that feeling? Must be something in the water around here, heh! And my house mates... Well, sometimes you'd think we carry on like its us against the world."

He chuckled, a wry grin evolving on his face as he noticed Sasha's interest in the music. He didn't comment on that.

Crowley Saul bobbed his head along with Sasha as she continued about her life. "Dance studio? I make music. Well... okay. I used to make music. I would like to make music. But... Can't seem to make the right bonds anymore... Too old, maybe: the musical experience requires that you and your band set out on a journey together; you have to be in the right mind, right place, for the magic to happen. Lately I'm connecting only with the lost and the fallen, you know? Not bad people. Just... the baggage they bring now gets in the way. And I have baggage of my own... that also gets in the way."

His face collapsed into a frown, reminiscing in deep sorrow.

He leaned back, recovered, smiled again.

"Good music? Well I hope to cultivate that here! Make a place for voices that normally don't get heard! Thats what Electric Fairyland is for. The alternative voices, the hidden voices, the ignored and the cry that normally gets repressed because it doesn't fit."

He leaned forward on the bar.

"Nox is good. High end: quality stuff. The cream. Symbol of what once was. Reverence survives for the gothic fringe. We have the Forge for the rage and plenty of other spots for the mainstream..." He managed to clamp down on his mouth before he add an expletive.

"Me? What I do?" A shrug. "I run this place. I advocate for talent and diverse voices in an industry intent of sucking all the creativity out of the world and replacing it with... Marketing. I try and live a life of liberty in a time of oppression."

Another smile - a sign of a contented man, tinged with the edge of madness. Oh yes, the contentment of a man who knows Secrets, who walks across Time and consorts with entities crafted in Ancient Times. Wait! He didn't say that, did he? No? Whew!

Daniel Leto
    Daniel

Mask: He looks to be late teens or early twenties with blonde hair and blue eyes. He has a kind face and an understanding look. When talking with him he is always engaged, nodding and giving indications he’s listening to you. His smiles have a melancholy to them, though.
    Mein: His eyes and hair turn black beneath the mask. His skin becomes paler as if drained of color, giving him the slight appearance of a marble grave statue. Two stumps with tattered black feathers grow from his shoulder blades. They can be seen pressing at the back of his shirt. The odd feather pokes through holes. Most striking though, is that he is slightly transparent in an otherworldly way. His mantle manifests as wisps of fog and mist.
    Status/Social

Presence: 2
    Freehold Status: 3
    Winter Mantle: 3
    Wyrd: 4
    Hidden Life: 1
    Rigid Mask
    Contacts (Digital Networks)
    Will/Health/Glamour

Willpower Max: 5

Health Max: 7

Glamour Max: 9/13
    Promises and Vows

Vow (Winter Freehold Commendation):
    Task: Fealty, Medial Alliance (Freeholders)
    Boon: Vassalage (+1 Clarity deg), Adroitness (+1 Empathy)
    Sanction: Medial Curse
    Duration: Year and a Day

Horn and Bone

Vow (Sharpened Horn and Bone):
    Task: Dreaming, Endeavor (stop nightmares)
    Boon: Adroitness (Empathy, Occult)
    Sanctions: Poisoning of Boon (Adroitness)
    Duration: Year and a Day

PRE

Daniel kept his smile sedate, but inside it was much wider as he saw Coco stew over his declaration of battle. He had no doubt that was how Coco viewed it. However, as combats went, seeing who could be the nicest was a direction the Darkling was happy to lead the Wasp towards. He might even eventually convince her it was all in good fun.

L’aire still seemed slightly confused. He’d have to explain to her later.

Saul’s comments perked Daniel’s ears. While he’d already dismissed the possibility that the bartender wasn’t one of the Lost, the words still made him question just how certain he was. He was pretty sure he could chalk it up to slight paranoia (though whether that was on his part or the mage’s was unknown). Still, better safe than sorry.

“Feel that we have a secret society? No, not really,” he calmly lied. As the conversation turned to clubs, Daniel decided to let the Winter Queen continue to talk with the slightly crazed owner. The topic of clubbing made him uncomfortable, to say the least. Instead he moved toward the other group of Lost, while still keeping an ear on the other patrons. The conversation had turned to costumes and Ren Faires. Innocent enough for now.

“Hey Ava; Ramona. What do you think so far?” he asked indicating the Fairyland at large. He knew they couldn’t go into detail but he was interested to know what they thought of the club. Or, at least Ramona’s opinion.

“Coco; Daisy.” He only knew the plum scented Wizened in passing but her delicate yet energetic presence couldn’t be hidden behind the Mask. There was a glance between the Artist and the Dancer. He still remembered Coco’s comment on her sexuality and how she’d ordered drinks for two. Were they together? Well… he might have messed up with his challenge after all. Robbing a date of the chance to pay was a slight faux paus. Hopefully the free drinks would make up for that. “I hope you’re having a good time.”
    Darkling Gravewight | Winter Mantle ••• (Mist and Fog) | Glamour 9 / Willpower 4/5 (4 HotD) / Wyrd 4
    Rigid Mask / Hidden Life 1 / Winter Freehold Vow / Horn and Bone

4. Likes Pixie Styx, Cayce liked this post
    S
    Saeyer

"Oh, we have met before!" Ava joined in with Daisy's laugh at the 'crazy cat lady' quip, remembering the dark ball of Hedge-fluff that she had spied in the faun's arms before. They had only had the briefest of meetings, but antlers and the scent of flowers sprang to mind; and the mention of the club sealed the deal.

Mouth curled into a smile bordering on a smirk at Coco's wink, a small pang of nostalgia gripped her. They had come a short ways, the two of them, since that meal in the Rose Garden and a mutual confession of loneliness; Ava in the wake of Mal, and Coco, of Catherine. Getting out to 'inflict' themselves on strangers had worked in the long run, despite a few bumps along the way.

"Yes, maybe she'll join us in a minute," Ava suggested, glancing back Ramona, "But who can say, I think she and Terri are working on something together so they may be a bit. As for our fair city... what can I say, sex sells." A blunt answer, but why dress it up if it was what it was. "And I think obscurity has a sweet-spot that's pretty hard to hit. Here's hoping." Her glass raised in a tiny toast that could be mistaken for a shrug, wishing longevity on the odd bar; may it hit its sweet-spot.

Welcoming Daniel with a smile, the Nix gave the room at large another look. "I like it, so far," she almost sounded surprised, "I came in not sure what to expect but it seems nice. And hard to complain when there are so many friendly faces." For a bar thick with Freeholders, there was very little activity she viewed as out and out suspicious; more than what was present in any bar, that is.

Fairly confident that Coco would tell them if she was overstaying her welcome and they wanted to get on with their date, Ava looked back to the wasp's companion. "What do you do, Daisy?"

The ogress shakes her head at Terri's question, "Not unless you know your way around molds, casts, and a careful filing. I just need to purchase some materials and we'll be all set. Shouldn't take me too long." She glances at the bartender, nodding in thanks when he appreciates, and delivers on, her choice of beer. She watches him pop the cap, just to make sure it was previously sealed and nobody's tampered with it, before she picks it up and takes a nice big sip. "Mm," Yes. Ramona appreciates a good beer. Hard not too after years in the Portland Freehold, plugged into the local brewer's community through affiliation with the SCA. She returns her attention to Terri, "I'll let you know when I'm finished."

A pause in the conversation. Ramona is out of things to say. The things she knows about Rick, she could count on one hand. The things she knows about Terri, she wouldn't care to count beyond that. She stands there quietly, looking at the two of them and taking an occasional pull from her beer. She can't raise the subject of the Hedge with Rick here in public, or address what Ava told her about Court politics with Terri, even if she wanted to be that nasty. Overhearing her name on the lips of a few others, Ramona glances towards the other conversation. Really the only one, unless Terri and Rick can salvage something social from Ramona's brief, business-like interaction.

"I like the aesthetic," she replies to Daniel. "Reminds me of a few other places I've been in." In Ireland, this might've been one of the themed tourist pubs. The kind the locals like to laugh about. Portland, on the other hand, loves it's theme bars, and fae and occult would be no stranger than anything else. "Hey Coco," She finally greets, and leans closer to Ava, comfortable and familiar with the proximity, to offer a hand to Daisy to shake, "Don't know that we've been introduced yet. I'm Ramona."

L

"Surprise you say? Well I guess I'll have something to look forward to." His interest was certainly piqued. Terri didn't do secret projects all that often. And if there was a set of three that he couldn't be told about? Well...it was her, himself, and L'aire in their motley. So he had suspicions.

But with the business addressed Ramona seemed to be out of things to discuss. And, well...he wasn't really the one to salvage a conversation. Not with someone he didn't know well. It was strange how it had worked out by now, he supposed. There wasn't a single Summer he really knew. It was pretty much an inversion of how things had been for most of his time in Sacramento.

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Acolyte and Valkyrja of the Circle of the Crone
    Danger Sense ●
    Status; City ●●●, Clan ●●, Cov ●●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

It isn't until Alice sees her, that the Wraith truly knows fear. She jerks upright, the Vitae that flows through her, mimicking life, lubricating her porcelain joints, only just managing to hide the impossibility of her string pulled movements. She needs to run. Fucking run so far and fast - push the blond in front of her, an offering of a sacrifice so she can-Alice comes back to herself. The ice the Wraith leaves behind thaws, but doesn't melt.

Looking at Konrad, she knows he knows why she'd jerked, but looked towards the flamed-licked blond...Alice thinks quickly.

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-05-25 14:01:19 Alice Hart rolls 5 to Totes not lying (Wits3 + Subterfuge2 ) (10 Again) 1, 3, 5, 5, 2 failure

"I thought I saw my....mom...?"
    Alice isn't even sure of her own lie. She knows that it's as solid as wet tissue. Normally she's better a this.

Her attention is drawn away from her horrible lying to Konrad's talk of business. She didn't know that's what he did. Maybe she should have tried to get into contact with him before she shipped herself here. Probably would have been safer.

"Yeah cosplaying would be fun! There's a few people I've talk about it with," kinda "But yeah I'd love to do it! Hopefully sooner then next halloween!"

"It's the truth." she says, "I was always more for reading then anything else. Plus my folks liked to keep me inside." understatement, they were so embarrassed by her, that they locked her in the house. Cut off all contact from the outside world, expect her books, and a scant few movies.

"Is he now?" Alice eyes Konrad for a moment. Yeah she could see him dancing, especially with the lovely blond. Now if Madison was talking about Gilroy....Alice shuttered. Ew. She did not need that mental image in her brain. So icky it wasn't even funny. Damn her brain! "Well, I'd be up for some tips on clubbing. Maybe need a few practical lessons, just to see how its done of course." Alice finishes with a wide smile.
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae: | Mimetismo 1: Certain Sounds Active

I've Done Things... Bad Things.

Domain Status (Bloodhunted)
    Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

"It's easy," Konrad answers Alice with a grin, keeping the subject change moving so as not to draw more attention to the Haunt's sudden panic. "You just find a couple friends to go with and they ease you into it."

He looks to Madison and then his eyes widen in mock surprise. "Why, we could be those friends! Well there you go, problem solved. How about I take you ladies shopping sometime, get you some club attire and then find a place to strut our stuff?" He doesn't mince words about it. He already knows Madison would have a good time and he'll have a chance to figure out the mystery behind Alice.

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

Terri nodded and smiled as Ramona informed her that she didn't need any help, and as quickly as the conversation had struck up, the Summer Queen had concluded their business and moved on. Not that Terri could blame her. They really had very little in common and, if she was being 100% honest, they would never be friends no matter how much either of them tried. They were just too different. Which was a crying shame. Once upon a time, the Legate counted the Summer Court as a home away from home, with some close friends within the Crimson Spear's domain.

Now, she had a big fat zero.

Turning her attention onto a much more friendly and amicable face, Rick could have easily seen the frustration written on her face, and she'd explain it to him later, open her heart when they were back home, safe in their nest. "I hope so," she replied to him, reaching out to link her fingers with his. "You know, we need to have that chat again..." Her sentence trailed off, wondering where his mind would wander, a twinkle in her eyes.
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

S
    Sasha

It nearly creeped her out, the way the tattooed man went on about secret societies. Was this what they were all wondering it was; a place full of loyalists. L’aire hoped that wasn’t the case. “Oh, I can definitely relate. But, that’s why we all get up in the morning, right?” The guy was strange, but not that strange.

The Dancer always felt like she missed the train when it came to men, other than one. For someone whose life was about dancing, there was the need for a partner or someone who made music for dancing. “I don’t think anyone is ever too old to make music. Some times bands break apart, some people go solo. There are still artists who were famous that made music, cut records. Unfortunately, some of them have recently passed away. But they were still going strong.” As passionate as the Fairest was about Dance, she was about the appreciation of music; they went hand in hand.

Her brow furrowed, while she looked at this man who opened and incredible place. Saul’s sorrow was not missed by her urge to cleave it from him, but instead, she voiced her concern. “Saul, isn’t that what music is based on? Life, baggage, things that become lost?” Delicately trying to reassure him, although not wanting to push him.

Of course, he said Cream, which lead to Prince which lead to a purple night not long ago. But, she grounded herself by sipping her water. “If there is a group, band, singer that is in need of a dancer or something, I’d be willing to perform.”

“But… not that kind of dancer. You know, not the type that removes clothing for money.”
    Pausing. “Not that there’s anything wrong with those types, I’m just not that kind of girl.”

Why the Fairest felt the need to explain herself, she hadn’t a clue. Again, she took a sip of water, glanced to check on Terri and Rick as well as the other Changelings. Still, Daniel’s introduction boggled her mind. The Wyrd worked in mysterious ways, the responsibility she felt for others had grown substantially, yet she wasn't going to be one to hover or obnoxiously overzealous about it.

Page 5 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread