Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch

Mage OOC Talk and Questions

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 44 of 54 First ... 34 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... Last
    X

Twist Scenes

But to be honest, I still don`t really understand what marble West is referring to and how it changes depending on whose turn it is to post? Is it the one that also says when a character or player is online or offline at the top of a post?

X

Twist Scenes

Nevermind, I think I found it. I think.

Twist

Hound, Lady Viscount, Invictus
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks •• (Alluring)
    Public Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Sand

Striking Looks •• (Curvy)

No, at this point we will just move forward with the standard posting rate. You posted, Winter posted, and so now it is Witch's turn.

As a result, you should see Witch's small circular avatar at the top of the screen. Once I post, that "marble" will drop to the far left of the screen - to the back of the line. Then Philip's will be front and center as it will be his/your turn to post.

The only time we would double stack posting like you ask about would be action rounds in combat and that would be clearly laid out by the ST.

The only time you are allowed to "jump" in line is if the characters/players ahead of you have taken over their time to post. Or if it is in a big social scene where the rules are slightly different because of number of players and the fact that there are multiple conversations occurring simultaneously.

4. Likes Xander liked this post

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

I must say though, that Xander threatening to close my account did surprise me as this seemed like a yellow card-esque warning after only my 3rd in-character post in total.
    Probably because the only cardinal sin on a writing site is not reading.

If you can't -- or won't -- read, you've got no business playing.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

6. Likes Xander liked this post

Puck Scenes

Sorry about that, pre-posting guys. And a particular apology to deltadream for somehow not getting to your post yesterday. Not my first mistake and not my last. I suppose that reality check was in order. I was too busy reading rules about all the venues I forgot about the simpler posting ones. (Not an excuse, but an explanation.) What does this mean going forward? Being that I`m effectively a turn ahead, does this now mean Winter and Witch get to post twice?

I must say though, that Xander threatening to close my account did surprise me as this seemed like a yellow card-esque warning after only my 3rd in-character post in total. I guess it makes sense, now that I look at this thread. I don`t know what to say. I have said it before. If my presence, or failure to adhere to the rules here(whether by negligence or other reasons) is an issue, I will leave on my own accord. I have also said before I think, that I will make mistakes of a similar severity again, no doubt. Although after that severe admonishment from Xander I will not be making posting mistakes like that again.
    Reading the rules is nonnegotiable though.

The thing is, the posting rate is one of the first rules listed on the general rules page I linked you to. The general rules were the first link on the getting started page you were linked to when your character was approved. If you can't follow basic rules like obeying the posting standards, I'm not inclined to believe you read and understood anything that came after it either. Which is to say, any of our rules at all.

Your ability to play on this site is contingent on you reading and following our rules. If you continue to ignore our community's standards like this, the very simple solution is that you won't remain in the community. You have been linked to our site and venue rules and standards, so there is no reason why you should continue to fail to adhere to them. It's not a 'mistake' to not read something like 'wait your turn' at the top of the first link you were supposed to read as a prerequisite to entering play.

This is a text based gaming site, so we expect you to read and follow the rules. If you can follow the rules, we're more then happy to have you. If you fail to acknowledge them as you have so far, you'll be written out of Mage and won't be returning.

The choice of how we move forward is yours to make.
    Just your friendly neighborhood gulmoth!

X

Twist Scenes

I don`t know how to respond to this, although I have considered many responses. I have already put in a month of effort for this site and would like to continue by redoubling my efforts.

9. Likes Xander, Chess Piece, liked this post

Puck Scenes

Remember to get your xprs in by the end of the month.
    Just your friendly neighborhood gulmoth!

X

Twist Scenes

So, on the one hand, the Sanctuary 2306 scene is not a consilium scene and so, a "normal" scene. On the other hand it supposedly represents the comings and goings and interactions of Mages at the Circle over a month, which also confuses me because the dialogue the characters are having seems to have the spirit of a discussion and not a longer series of quotes between long periods of downtime, which this compression would otherwise seem to indicate. So I don`t know if my character has actually done anything chronologically yet, or if he hasn`t. Obviously if he hasn`t, I assume I needn`t bother writing an XP report. So I`m confused.

X

Twist Scenes

To be clear, I know what a normal scene is, and what a stick scene is, and I`ve just spent hours going through the rules regarding continuity between scenes and how and what to write in an XP report. I hope this doesn`t make me look dumb, but I wanted to make sure I understand things properly for my first XPR, if applicable, so I hope I haven`t missed anything.

Jennifer Hazelton

The scene appears to be a socializing scene. This can be counted on your XPR, you describe what your character has done.

14. Likes Xander liked this post
Page 44 of 54 First ... 34 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... Last
+ Reply to Thread