Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch

Mage OOC Talk and Questions

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 18 of 54 First ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 28 ... Last

Put this in chat, but thought it'd be better if it went here.

Numinous Shield is a Spirit 3, self shielding spell. Under the current house rules that makes it vulgar. I think it should be reduced to Spirit 2.

That lines it up with the other practice of (self)shielding spells and brings it back into the folds of Covert. Thoughts?
    West Yumyumcrow

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

I think it should be reduced to Spirit 2.

That lines it up with the other practice of (self)shielding spells and brings it back into the folds of Covert. Thoughts?
    So you think all self Shielding Spells are 2 dots?
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

I feel like this is a trick question. ​Goes hunting.

In the meantime, let me redirect my argument. It's a covert spell in RAW, and feels like it would be a covert spell in the HR system and the world here.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

It's a covert spell in RAW, and feels like it would be a covert spell in the HR system and the world here.
    This new redirection literally applies to every spell which is Covert by RAW. If that was a concern, there wouldn't be a house rule, would there?

Not to snark, but you better bring your A game if you're going to try to dress up 'Because I use it and wanna' as a real argument.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

5. Likes Ruach liked this post

My thoughts were the spirit and death armors impact Twilight and Shadow. Shadow specifically where paradox is reduced... but then you brought up the HR system and made me think of it differently and the die reduction for Paradox in Shadow already takes that into account, so my apologies. I was lying to myself, the motivation is definitely, 'because I use it and wanna'. I'm sure you've heard it all before.

7. Likes Ruach, Vincent, West liked this post

Puck Scenes

Yeah, when I say it doesn't matter that Winter warned Shodan or that Shodan went in half cocked I also mean that it doesn't matter that he never breached before and things of that nature. I mostly mention the danger as the sole exception because I cringe at potentially wiping years of RP and emotional investment over a minor penance. It's still being factored in, mostly because this particular danger seemed self inflicted, but at the minimum I thought was reasonable while staying within the bounds of the Tetragrammaton.

The paradox took the penalty for sleeper witnesses, so I'd say it was clearly a witnessed vulgar cast regardless of who witnessed. That means we have at least 3 out of 5 Councilors for a Major Penance which sets the sentence. I'd say we could represent a Major Penance with the suspension of 1 scene slot and a mana penalty suspending all mana in excess of Shodan's Wisdom score. If Shodan has no Hallow or or other source of mana he will be reduced to 0 mana per scene unless he scours his pattern in play during the scene. This penalty will be applied from April 1st through July 1st. We can say IC that this is basically community service, and the mana penalty can be reflected as Shodan using Matter/Forces to clean/repair all those hard to reach spaces in the Circle. What do you guys think?

Also as a side note, I just realized that unless I missed something Ruach has been silently waiting with no word on how long or when Kaze's incarceration was supposed to begin or end. I think he should definitely be allowed to attend concilium, and we should probably have a conversation on whether or not he can return to regular play.
    Just your friendly neighborhood gulmoth!

9. Likes Ruach, Mark, West liked this post

Xander it has been my assumption that Kaze's sentenced has gone on during the month of March and he can return to regular play in April.

0 Scenes

Kaze asked in private to postpone the judgement until he was done with the plots he had already entered. The ST (@yumyumcrow) acknowledged and accepted his request, most of his active threads should wind down soon.

12. Likes Yumyumcrow, Xander liked this post

Kaze asked in private to postpone the judgement until he was done with the plots he had already entered. The ST (@yumyumcrow) acknowledged and accepted his request, most of his active threads should wound down soon.
    ah, coolio, pip pip, pitter patter. New Formal Consilium is just days away! Do we have an agenda? I'd like to just iron out what we're doing (if we're going to vote on a hierarch, dissolve the council, summon bahamut, what ev's) to avoid confusion.

14. Likes Ruach liked this post

0 Scenes

You have 3 more thread slots and a communication subforum. Use them.

Page 18 of 54 First ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 28 ... Last
+ Reply to Thread