Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(Private) Time for a Spin

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    V
    Vivian York

Thank technology for GPS on phones. Vivian looked up the Forge and let the man’s voice guide her way there. She called him Nigel, as he sounded much like a butler of sorts.

She pulled up in the blue Chevy Nova, which smelled of 273, yet blended well with her own Dior perfume. Her dress was leather and had the marvelous gentle sound while mixing with the leather seats. Her shoes, a combination of short boot with a heel accompanied her outfit quite well with, of course, leather driving gloves.

The passenger window was slightly rolled down. It was a manual roll down and clearly she’d done it before the drive over. The music playing was something slightly older to what the kiddies played on the radio these days. Waiting by the berm, Vivian wasn’t calm and putting on vixen lipstick while she glanced to people going in and out. The Vitae running through her veins to maintain a semblance of normal made the Kine passing look slightly delicious.

Vitae spend for blushing

It's not that Tuesdays are always busy at The Forge, it's just that some bands draw bigger crowds than others. You can end up signing a group to a gig without realizing that they're a big underground hit, and their top fans are going to bring their friends, and those friends are going to tell their friends, and on and on. The Forge is busy enough for any nightclub to be proud, and the bass from the music presses on your eardrums even from outside. People crowd around the entrance, floating in and out. One of them breaks away from the pack and saunters up to the beautiful blue Chevy.

By coincidence, the ogress is also dressed in leather. A wine-red halter top that leaves her arms and shoulders bare, and exposes her midriff. A pair of black, leather pants that flatter her rear-end. Polished Droc Martens with a hint of extra heel. She'd borrowed some makeup from one of the bartenders, borrowed it and their assistance with it actually, a little shadow to emphasize the blue of her eyes, a lipstick that compliments her decently. A simple, black leather purse hangs from one hand as she approaches the car, then bends over to lean one arm on the frame of the open window and peek her head inside. "Going my way?" She asks Vivian, with a sly smile.

V
    Vivian York

The muscular woman's attention to her face didn't go unnoticed. Vivian hadn't expected it at all, which was apparent in her eyes that slightly widened. It made her blue eyes pop and her piercings framed her face.

"Mmm, that all depends on which way you're going."
    She made an obvious wink and leaned over to open the door from the inside. The leather made a pleasant creaking sound over both seats and she slowly rose back into her own.

Turning down the music, she kept partially turned to Ramona. "So, did you decide where you'd like to go, or should I just drive around town or hit the open road for a while?"

She grins, straightening so the door can swing open, but doesn't get a chance to respond before a piercing wolf-whistle rings out. It's nobody in the crowd of patrons, it's one of the bouncers by the door. Glancing back, Ramona hollers, "Oh, eat a dick, Pat!" in a voice bright with the edge of laughter. The two of them exchange grins as Ramona folds herself into the car and pulls the door shut. She glances aside at Vivian, "Drive," she says simply, firm in her decision. It has the added benefit of getting her away from her coworkers quickly.

V
    Vivian York

Vivian didn't flinch, nor make any other gesture other than raising a brow and keeping her lips flat.

That was until Ramona was in the car and she drove away. The Daeva burst into laughter. "Oh, that was priceless." Tapping the steering wheel in lieu of clapping. "Some people enjoy eating... that." Snickering softly.

The car eventually started it's way south. They were headed to the Jahant truck stop, but Vivian didn't mention that yet. "So, open road for a while it is."

"So is he a pain in the arse, or endearingly irritating?"

The ogress buckles up and likewise remains stoic as they pull away, until Vivian finally breaks down and admit defeat. Ramona erupts in laughter in response, and for a moment the car is filled with only the sounds of the engine, the road, and their mirth. She glances out the windows as it winds down, noting which way they're headed, then turns back to Vivian with a grin, "Six of one, half-dozen of the other," she shrugs, "The Forge isn't a place for the thin-skinned, know what I'm saying?" She settles back into her seat.

V
    Vivian York

"I'm certain I could hold my own when it comes to sparing with my lips."

Turning briefly, a grin and then back to the road. "Or like a pub in a surly side of town, except more brawny bodies?"

"Sounds like a place where some blokes I use to know would hand to hand fight in a ring." There wasn't a need to elaborate, but it definitely reminded her of some pubs long ago. At least there was still street fighting, and illicit fighting that took place in inner circles.

"So, why were you there this evening, if I may ask?" Vivian recalled that Ava mentioned what Ramona did.

Funny that Vivian mentions ring-fights. She'd heard that something of the sort used to happen in The Forge. Her last experience with underground fighting had not exactly been encouraging, but maybe she should reinstate the practice. Could be good for the Summer Court. "Yeah, it can get physical in there," she replies to Vivian's first question.

At the second, her lips quirk in a small smile and she shrugs, "I work there some nights. The name's not for nothin', there's an actual forge in there, functional. They let me use the space and the tools, and the audience gets a show along with the music. And hey, I get the music too, while I work."

V
    Vivian York

Vivian’s gloved hand slowly flipped up while still on top of the wheel as she spoke. “And by physical, I presume you don’t mean the same kind that happens in a gentleman’s club.”

“I would love to see that sometime!”
    The inflection in her voice was sincere as she continued with interest. “While some may not think it’s artistic, it certainly is to me. It’s one of those things that we rarely see anymore, particularly considering most weapons are made in a manufacturing facility. I hope you’re proud of what you do, I would be.” Ramona wasn’t a delicate flower of beauty, but it was there in what she did.

“So what sort of music do you work along with? Metal, goth, calypso, jazz?” Snickering, jazz being far from anything forge-like.

Ramona laughs, the shade on her lips emphasizing her bright smile, "Nah, physical as in 'be prepared to be bruised.' Sometimes that's even part of the fun."

She goes on grinning lopsidedly while Vivian praises her work, "I'm in there a few nights a week, depending. I mean, it's only coupled with live music a few nights a week, and then it's hit or miss, depending on who's playing. But I'll send you a text next time I think it'll be a good night."

She rolls her eyes with a good-natured smirk as the discussion turns to music, but answers sincerely; "Mostly metal and rock, really anything that gets your blood pumping, gets you fired up. That's what the Forge is all about. Sort of like a mix of CBGB and a biker dive bar, like Club Raven." She shrugs and smiles, "It works for me. I mean, I'll work happily with a lot of different music, but what they got there, it works for me pretty well."

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 21

You do not have permission to view the list of names.