Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Spells (3/3)

??? (Cloaked, Pot 4)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 6)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 7)

PRE

Varyx was due to arrive in about a half hour. Across the road from the squat single storey rectangle block building that couldn't look more like a concrete safe, sat Wayland on a shop front step, drinking a soda can, casually watching the people of the local area wander by.

He did have a purpose in sitting there, even though he was indirectly annoying people as they tried to step past him into the clothing shop he was sitting in front of. The Talon liked to case any new place he went to, being a man who didn't like surprises, so he sat there.... watching.... waiting to see if anything didn't feel right. Aside from that, it gave him time to calculate how many non-staff members were likely in the store before he walked in. "Fore-warned is fore-armed" as his mentor was fond of saying.

So he sat there, with his can of soda, waiting for Varyx to arrive

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

Varyx's nimbus is subtle - she still looks more or less like herself, but there's something about her, something difficult to put your finger on... She's always been beautiful, but it's magnified and somehow terrible. Something so lovely can't be human, and it gives the people around her the impression that maybe she doesn't have any humanity, either.

+2
    SL
    PRE

Varyx was early, so it wasn't all that surprising that she didn't see Wayland there yet. It wasn't a big deal, there was a cute-looking store across the street... and her cabal-mate sitting on the front steps, drinking a soda and watching the doors of the gun shop quite intently.

She crossed the road, clicking heels on the pavement probably drawing his attention as she approached. "Hey Wayland."

Wayland

Public Name: Richard "Richie" Holt
    Wayland

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Spells (3/3)

??? (Cloaked, Pot 4)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 6)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 7)

PRE

Spotting Varyx walking over, he gave up his assessment of the store. I count five customers in store so far.

Standing up, he brushes himself off, crushes the can of the ground, picks it up and deposits it in a nearby bin. Standing next to Varyx, outside in the real world, he feels somewhat out of place, being so mismatched in appearance, and his thought move to wondering what people of the street must think. "Hey there Vee. You got here early, I like your style. Lets go check this place out hey?"

Walking across the street, Wayland walks into the store first, with his 'eyes of mundane threat assessment' rockin' he scans the room for body placement and alternative exits/doors. Six customers dammit! Plus 2 staff behind the counter, and another one helping some middle-aged guy with a beard, wearing full cammo vest and hat to pick a hunting rifle. Seriously! Who wears cammo to the store? Fuck-knuckles that's who! Feeling a little bit annoyed at miss-counting the number of people in the store, he recovered and turns to Varyx, "So, while we're here, is there anything you wanted to pick up? Like, for you?"

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

Varyx's nimbus is subtle - she still looks more or less like herself, but there's something about her, something difficult to put your finger on... She's always been beautiful, but it's magnified and somehow terrible. Something so lovely can't be human, and it gives the people around her the impression that maybe she doesn't have any humanity, either.

+2
    SL
    PRE

Varyx followed Wayland into the store, aware of the eyes of several people - a few customers and one of the employees - turning to look at her from the moment she walked in. Yeah, she didn't look much like their usual clientele. So what?

She shot a pleasant sort of smile at the employee who was staring none-too-subtly in her direction, followed by a wink. The employee spun his head so hard in an attempt to pretend he hadn't been caught staring that she had to wonder if he'd strained his neck. Poor guy. Too easy.

Her attention turned to Wayland as he asked his question, and her response started with an amused grin. For her? "No, not really. I wouldn't even know what to buy." She leaned towards him to whisper into his ear. "Shh, don't tell anyone, but I've never shot a gun in my life." She straightened, chuckling, though her voice remained conspiratorially low. "I get the impression they'd all be terribly unimpressed with me if they found out," she added, jerking at thumb at the dude in the camo.

Wayland

Wayland

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Spells (3/3)

??? (Cloaked, Pot 4)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 6)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 7)

PRE

Listening to Varyx, Wayland turns his head, with a raised eyebrow, "Really? Damn girl. We're in the wrong business to not know how to look after yourself." Looking around at the clientel, and being less than impressed with the calibre of people, he comments, "Though with this lot, I doubt they'd care, ya know?"

"I reckon though, that a good knife would be more your style hey. Its small, quiet, and you got the moves to get real close an' personal to use it on some douchebag." Stop lookin' at the curves bro.

Breaking his attention on 'other things' he starts wandering through the store. Yes he is here for a knife for Faust, but this store had a lot of gear, and its always handy to know what you have available. As he strolls through the isles, he casually talks shop with his companion, rattling off useful nuggets of info on knife choice. "For the Doc, he would want something small, but strong. You know, easy to handle, but not a show pony either, something real. For his purposes im thinking a fixed blade with a full tang obviously, maybe a tanto blade. Something strong enough to punch through armour if needed, and probably with the blade powdercoated, 'cause the Doc don't strike me as the kinda guy to be totally all about weapon maintenance an' shit." Its almost like he is along in the store, among these precision items of death. Its hard for a Necromancer to not feel their pull, and wade into the Ideal of their forms, and their ultimate ends.

"You on the other hand strike me as a folding knife kinda girl. Ya know, something small that can be opened one-handed. Something simple, like, kept super sharp, like shaving sharp yo."

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

+2
    SL
    PRE

Varyx watched, bemused, while Wayland assumed she didn't know how to look after herself and began to wander down the aisles, presumably looking for an appropriate blade. Honestly, she didn't even know what "tang" and "powdercoated" actually meant in the context of weaponry, but he seemed to know what he was talking about. She followed along, several steps behind, her arms crossed while amusement tugged at the corners of her lips. Was he even talking to her anymore, or just thinking aloud?

Her attention refocused on him with the folding knife comment, and she had to laugh. "Who says I don't know how to defend myself?" She offered him a tilt of her head and a meaningful smile. She couldn't come out and say what she could do, but she hoped he'd understand. "A girl like me? I prefer more subtle methods of handling potential violence. Preferably before the violence starts." Mind magic was good at that sort of thing. And if that didn't work, mind magic was also good at a certain kind of violence, as necessary. For someone who didn't intend to wade into blood if she could avoid it, it seemed like a safe enough means of self-defense.

Wayland

Wayland

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Spells (3/3)

??? (Cloaked, Pot 4)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 6)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 7)

PRE

"Huh?" His head whips back to Varyx in an apparent, 'was I talking out loud?' kinda way. "Ohh, I im sure you can look after yo self. That not what I meant hey. What I meant was, its always important to have something on your person, like, for when our... usual defences aint such a good idea."

What about that knife? He bends down to look at a knife through the display case. Might be useful for the Doc. Idling thinking about his conversation, he's reminded of a lesson during his Arrow training. "I was always told to never be limited to one kind of defence. Someone may just take that defence away from you, and then what? Up shit creek without a paddle bro." Sidelong look at Varyx, "Uhh, bro-ette?"

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

+2
    SL
    PRE

Bro-ette? Varyx lifted an eyebrow at him, simultaneously confused and amused.

She offered him a shrug, stepping around him and taking a closer look at the knife that had caught Wayland's attention. "I don't disagree. I'm just saying a weapon I don't know how to use is more a detriment than anything else. Sure, if someone takes away my other means of defending myself, that could be bad, but having a knife I'm more likely to cut myself with than them isn't really going to help."

Wayland

Wayland

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Spells (3/3)

??? (Cloaked, Pot 4)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 6)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 7)

PRE

One corner of his mouth raises in a half smile. "Yeah, but that's my point hey. Don't be stuck to a routine. Not knowing how to use a weapon leaves you with less options, ya know? Pick up some skills, like, cause you never know in this town when some homie tries to roll you and takes away your main defense. Even for us."

The knife behind the display glass, is probably the one he will get for the Doc, but, there are more to look at, and besides, you never buy the first one you see. That's just crazy talk! So off he goes, in search of more knives.

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

+2
    SL
    PRE

Smiling to herself, Varyx straightened again and walked further down the aisle, her eye catching at the sight of a pistol display down at the end of the store. She thought Wayland was probably right - a knife, easily concealed, quiet and more subtle - was probably her style. But still, that didn't mean she couldn't look. "Point taken. Of course, that just means I need someone to teach me."

There wasn't anything implied in that comment or anything.

Turning around to face him again, she wandered back in direction. "So, see anything good for the doctor?"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread