Martha Villiers

PRE

After securing Fringe and Priss, Martha writes a memo to Asa

Making sure that sealed copies are left in the pigeon-holes for:-
    Kenneth Gilroy Konrad Roth David Regan
    @Katya Harding sumthingpositiv

March, 2016

Your Majesty,

I have the honor to write to you regarding matters of security.

This memo will cover:-

a) Report of recent events
    b) Personalities involved
    c) Outcome of debriefing
    d) Recommendations

Report of Recent Events

On the evening of (insert date) Priscus ROTH, Whip MARLON and I conducted a Safari. During which we encountered two stray Kindred within the vicinity of the Rack and Communal Zone.

It seems the strays were attempting to locate Food. However, swift action by the Safari neutralized the attempt and made a peaceful and, ultimately, positive and bloodless contact with the two ladies: Miss FRINGE (Clan Mekhet) and Miss PRISS (Clan Ventrue).

Securing their parole, we travelled back to the Nox and began to interrogate the strays. I am cautious of using the term 'poachers' as this would unfairly imply malign intent by FRINGE and PRISS and would, thus, be misleading and incorrect.

Rather, Miss FRINGE and Miss PRISS are victims of unhappy circumstance. FRINGE and PRISS were, nominally, under the jurisdiction of the late Regent Roxie HART.

It seems that Regent HART had contact with a small outpost known as 'TRAX' - a small nightclub/bar within her Tenurial Demesne. Roxie, it appears, allowed TRAX to operate and act as a hub of social activity of informal low-intensity Kindred activity and, doubtless, was part of her contribution to your Domain's robust security apparatus. By way of observation, the intelligence gathering, surveillance opportunities, and security dividends deriving from such an establishment as TRAX are potentially immense. The attached risks for such an operation are low.

The manner of reported oversight suggests Roxie was alert to the presence of FRINGE and PRISS. However, this is not to suggest that Regent HART was negligent in her conduct
    re: TRAX. Rather, I suspect that unhappy events overtook everyone and her proper management of TRAX ceased.

The debriefing lasted several hours. During this time, efforts were made to educate FRINGE and PRISS as to the pertinent geography and hierarchy of your Domain. I am confident we can now expect full compliance with the Laws of the Domain and respecting boundaries of the Rack. I am also confident that, had they been made aware of the geography sooner, their transgression could have been avoided.

Time was of the essence. The intimate and careful handling of the debriefing required a constant attention to FRINGE and PRISS. The debriefing also demanded the building of mutual trust and careful attention was paid to minimizing distractions from this process.

As a result, I was unable to break the flow of the debriefing to contact the Seneschal and the Mekhet Priscus as soon as I had desired.

However, I am confident in saying that the positive outcome of the debriefing will show that this measured approach was worthwhile. I hope this memorandum corrects this necessary delay.

Personalities involved

Priscus ROTH's early and unhesitating reaction to my alert to the presence of FRINGE and PRISS made certain of the swift interdiction of the strays. His confident and commanding presence ensured that an additional sense of authority existed and contributed to the meeting being bloodless and positive.

It is worth noting that Priscus ROTH also appears to have established an immediate and useful rapport with FRINGE and PRISS and I feel we can build on this. Perhaps we can widen operations at Outpost TRAX and incorporate this to simultaneously help FRINGE and PRISS integrate as valuable members of your Domain.

Whip MARLON displayed prudence, intelligence and insight in helping the conduct of the interdiction and subsequent debriefing. His stalwart presence and timely questions show a keen intellect and engagement with the patrol and a shared desire to see a positive outcome for the debriefing. Whip MARLON unequivocally contributed to the overall successful conclusion of the encounter.

Teamwork was a key ingredient in making sure the encounter was positive and controlled.

Until now, FRINGE and PRISS have lacked leadership and proper mentoring and guidance. They are both nervous and wary of their relationship with the Domain. FRINGE is the dominant person of the duo. But I estimate that PRISS is, potentially, the more aggressive of the two. Unfortunately, FRINGE and PRISS have heard all manner of strange and unhelpful rumours about the activities of orthodox Kindred society. This can be corrected, but, in the meantime, it's an education that harbors the potential risk for unusual misunderstandings.

FRINGE and PRISS work well as a team and clearly enjoy a close relationship with each other. Both are personable, streetwise, intelligent and quick learners. I believe that we can nurture these attributes and I have confidence that, with the proper care and instruction, they will improve and develop into impressive allies within your Domain.

In fact, with this in mind, I can testify that FRINGE and PRISS co-operated freely with us during the debriefing and did so without the need to resort to using any coercive mystical Arts.

During the initial contact, FRINGE and PRISS agreed to each owing me a Major Boon as a demonstration of a willingness to comply with the Domain's protocols.

Outcome of Debriefing

FRINGE and PRISS both reported the following:-

The presence of an unauthorised Kindred gang

A
    coterie and gang comprising an estimated seven Kindred is patrolling South Sacramento. The gang is equipped with an SUV and three or four motorbicycles. However, it is clear from information received that this gang are not typical of the stereotype Bike Gang. Rather, they wear suits and trenchcoats.

According to FRINGE and PRISS, this gang are highly organized and are conducting aggressive 'sweeps' for food. It was these aggressive sweeps which, ultimately, forced FRINGE and PRISS to migrate from South Sacramento to more central, safer, hunting grounds. The exact intentions, capabilities and armaments available to the gang are not yet known.

The Duo

Both FRINGE and PRISS have access to a unique network of Kindred and others. It is likely that this network is the vestiges of Regent HART's apparatus. It would be a mistake to fail to encourage and revive this network - exploiting it as an intelligence and security resource and as a means of identifying and encouraging the development of promising new talent.

They are now aware of the need to meet you and also the Priscus.

Due to their mendicant lifestyle and degraded finances, I shall be providing them with modest and formal attire for the next Formal Court. I also plan to help them with finding a means of securing a Haven. I see no reason why their distorted beginnings cannot signal a more fulfilling Change and fruitful personal development.

I also assess that their private development will be felt in deepening the success of your Domain.

Thoughts and Recommendations

I shall continue with my policy of conducting patrols of the Elysian Field and also hosting a regular safari for the purpose of introducing newly arrived Kindred to the Domain.

That we re-open Outpost TRAX. I would recommend re-opening TRAX under the watchful eye of Priscus ROTH and with the possible assistance of FRINGE and PRISS. Re-opening TRAX would enhance border security and allow for an early warning of unwanted elements attempting to infiltrate the Domain. In addition, it seems TRAX acted as a means by which Kindred, otherwise lacking proper guidance, can find a productive avenue to reintegrate with the more invigorating and rewarding aspects of Clan and Covenant.

I am keen to work with Priscus ROTH and Priscus REGAN in nurturing and mentoring FRINGE and PRISS. If necessary, in recognition of their peaceful readiness to help the Domain, I am prepared to act as their mentor and sponsor for their tuition.

We establish a team to investigate, locate and neutralize the gang infiltrating South Sacramento. Unless checked, the activities of this gang will, inevitably, attract the unwanted attentions of the Media and Law Enforcement.

I am copying this to the Seneschal, and the
    Prisci of Clan Gangrel, Mekhet and Nosferatu for their information and records.

Ex
    unitae vires

Miss Martha Villiers
    Bss, MA (Oxon)

Mistress Keeper of the Elysian Field
    of the Metropolitan Domain of Sacramento

2. Likes Cayce, Wod.Infant, Yumyumcrow liked this post
    s
    sumthingpositiv

After making a copy for herself, Katya leaves a copy of the memo in a sealed envelope in ( Cayce )Josephine Sterling's mailbox. On top of the letter is a sticky note that reads.

"Reeve Sterling

The following was brought to His Grace, Priscus Regan and my attention. While I think over the appropriate response to these two, I did feel it was important that you also be informed on this 'rogue' gang of kindred performing these 'sweeps' at the very least.

Sincerely

Seneschal Harding."

Closed Thread