Arthur

Obrimos of the Silver Ladder

Presence 4 - Cocky
    Striking Looks 2 - Slick Smile

Reality War -Titanic Ep1: H: 1rB/7 M:7/12:3, W:5/5

+1
    SL
    PRE

The coffee is ordered and properly flavored before the thought that being even more jittery is a bad idea. Well too late for that. It is delicious coffee. Finding an empty table with a good view of the front, Arthur sits down and waits for Aquinas to show up.

How is he going to take this? The guy seems pretty chill for being a dual Master. What is that even like?
    Arthur, Obrimos of the Silver Ladder, SL2 (Slick Smile), Pres 4 (Cocky)

C
    Casitive

Trotting into the coffee house, Aquinas' bag trailing after him and just a fraction from catching up to him. An easy going smile makes the lines on the Keybearer's face as he spots Arthur and uses his left hand to wave. Nearing Arthur's seat, Aquinas tells him, “Mind if I grab a bite and a coffee? I've been on the run all day.

Should Arthur give his blessing, Aquinas gets a cup of drip in a travel mug and buys one of those ready made sandwiches; tucking into it nearly as soon as the Mastigos takes a seat. “What can I do for you?

Arthur

Presence 4 - Cocky

+1
    SL
    PRE

A hand waves back and motions towards the counter. "Have at it, I can watch the bag if you want." Arthur's hand flicks towards the table before grabbing hold of his coffee. Food sounds like a good plan for after.

A nod after Aquinas asks his question. "I'd like to step down as community outreach. I don't believe that I have served the position well and at this point holding onto it would only serve my Ego."

C
    Casitive

Caught mid-bite, Aquinas' gusto fades as Arthur gets to the heart of the matter. “Part of being a good leader is knowing where your limits lie and being able to admit to yourself when something isn't a good fit for you.” The bite is finally taken, chewed, and then swallowed.

For those interested, it's a chicken and artichoke sandwich on grain-bread.

Do you have any suggestions for your replacement?

Arthur

Presence 4 - Cocky

+1
    SL
    PRE

Moments pass and a weak nod is Arthur's reply. It hurts to admit fault, hurts to fail. Another lesson to learn. A small smile breaks the pensive facade as Arthur fights back the smile. "I, well, I talked with two people already about it."

A grimace wins out. "Miach asked me months ago if I'd like help and I didn't follow up." Then shifts to apprehension. "I also talked with Var about the opportunity. She is interested in it as well."

"I know it's double dipping but that's how things are right now."

C
    Casitive

Aquinas lifts his left hand and makes a dismissive gesture at the double-dipping. Coffee sipped from, he considers the Magi Arthur suggests. “Miach is kind of in charge of his own study group, isn't he? Tell me more about Var and what you think of her.

Arthur

Presence 4 - Cocky

+1
    SL
    PRE

A hand taps down in agreement as Aquinas points out that Miach is the Curator. That would be an odd mix. Unless the nerds really do get out and about.

"She seems like the type of person we would want as a face for the community. Driven but also a bit curious. We talked about our company last time we met, she was wondering how we got here and what it is like.

She is also newer to town which could be good to fight off any possible incrowd cliches people may think exist. Not that I know of anyone thinking that but a concern I realized when we were talking."

C
    Casitive

Finishing half of his sandwich, Aquinas takes the moment to ruminate over a few thoughts. Finally, with half of his sandwich finished, Aquinas says, “Give her a call and see if she's free to come out here. If you think she's a good fit for your replacement, then I think we should move on it.

Arthur

Presence 4 - Cocky

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Alright, I'll step outside and call her." Then the Heirarch can finish his lunch and Arthur won't continue trying to figure out what was on it. Rising from his chair Arthur walks and steps just outside of the door to the coffee house, and pulls out his phone.

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

Varyx's nimbus is subtle - she still looks more or less like herself, but there's something about her, something difficult to put your finger on... She's always been beautiful, but it's magnified and somehow terrible. Something so lovely can't be human, and it gives the people around her the impression that maybe she doesn't have any humanity, either.

+2
    SL
    PRE

A little while later, Varyx's silvery sleek car pulled up near the coffee house and the blonde stepped out onto the sidewalk. With a smile and a wave to Arthur, she dropped some coins into the parking meter and walked over to the Herald. "Hey Arthur! I hope I didn't keep you waiting too long."

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread