DISPLAYED
(1603) Eternal Court

Page 5 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last

Knot
    Theo
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Knot appears, for a moment, as a marionette, roughly carved from wood and painted in a facsimile of life, bound up in a spiderweb tangle of it's own strings, that are pulled every-which way by unseen hands.
    Theo

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks (Roguish Good Looks) 2

OCC
    PRE

A man that looked like many men in the club above paused before heading downstairs into the expected den of secrets. A metaphorical deep breath before a plunge into a deep, cold and above all dangerous pool. What was it they said about the things you hate in other people being things you hate in yourself? Hunger? Weakness? How could one vampire not see a reflection of themselves in another? Louis doubted any predator enjoyed the awareness of another being that may view them as prey. Tedious philosophizing wasn't habitually the way to get anywhere, taking the next step took a decision.

Take a step. Take another. There's an instant where you see them before they see you because they're already distracted by all of the other predators in the room. Feel your guts clench up in an impossibly nauseating manner even though you know they've been incapable of doing so without your approval since your death. Feel the fangs poke at your tongue just a little bit as you run it across them inside your mouth. Feel the little invisible switches go off in your withered little lizard brain that are trying to jump start your walking corpse and make it show signs of fear and anger.

Most importantly smile. Because when everyone's head turns your way (and they will, because it's a room full of predators and the predator that isn't paying attention is the next dead one), they're feeling the exact same thing and making that snap decision about exactly what kind of predator you are. There's something to be said for not suffering alone, after all.

After a moment on display, he approaches the broken one like a snake would approach a stand of grass where it suspected a tiger was hiding. Knowing there was a predator nearby you couldn't sense was just as anxiety inducing as seeing one. "Excuse me Ms." He stops, close to her with his hands at his side and voice pitched low as he introduces himself. "My name is Louis Rhodes and while I apologize for disturbing you, I have some business with Priscus Cordoba." It was the last name he has for the Daeva Priscus. "Would you perhaps be able to point me in his or her direction? I would be in your debt."

@%1;
    no offense but do i look like i understand anything?

Martha Villiers

PRE

Having just recovered from a brush with her Beast Martha wasn't feeling too pleased to have another brush with an angry Beast.

Gripping her cane tighter, she tried a shy smile and nodded to Lois.

It took a few moments. Pain stabbed up her thigh and she shivered in response. Keeping her voice low to match his, Martha meekly chirps;
    "G...good evening, Mr Rhodes..." tiny Martha tried another shy smile and shifted her crippled leg in a vain effort to reduce pain.

Limping closer, Martha tried to master her Beast. Primping at a zombie-blue twin tail, she tries another shy smile, adding;
    "My name is Miss Martha Villiers, Mistress Keeper of this Elysian Field...you're welcome if you come in peace..." her cane is gently gestured to encompass the Nox Court, taking care not to strike Lois, she leaned back on her cane and added; "...Priscus Cordoba? He's not been seen a few weeks. I believe he's away. I'm sure he'll return. For the present, I understand that the Daeva have yet to select a replacement Priscus. But now..." she added playfully, clearly teasing, "you're in my debt! How do you intend to repay my inevitably extraordinary demands?"

She studies Lois over the rims of her spectacles, trying to assess his mood and observe any clues for cultural and social allegiances.
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

s
    sumthingpositiv

Having stepped away from her group, Katya approaches Martha and Louis Rhodes , standing off slightly to the side to wait to be acknowledged. When they do so she says "Mistress Keeper I hope i'm not intruding. I couldn't help but overhear you discussing the former Priscus Cordoba's name, is there something I can help answer in his absence?." she looks to Louis and offers a hand. "I don't think I've seen you here before. I am Seneschal Harding, part of the Gangrel Clan and member of the Circle of the Crone."

Knot
    Theo
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Knot appears, for a moment, as a marionette, roughly carved from wood and painted in a facsimile of life, bound up in a spiderweb tangle of it's own strings, that are pulled every-which way by unseen hands.
    Theo

Mask of Tranquility

OCC
    PRE

Louis is still as Miss Villiers scrutinizes him, replying evenly a moment later and seeming to take no offense at the tone. "Patiently, of course. With an eye towards the future." It was a turn of phrase that he deeply wished he had come up with himself, but wasn't above repeating when appropriate. His sire, he knew, would not mind.

Seneschal Harding's arrival is met by a smile that is most definitely a smile and not the bearing of teeth in a predator's grin at someone with blood as equally thin as his own because this is Elysium and there are proprieties and standards to maintain. He steps back and gives both women a small bow in deference to their rank, taking Seneschal Harding's extended hand and bringing it to his lips for a moment. "Thank you for correcting me Seneschal Harding, my information is clearly out of date," he says with faint disappointment. "Louis Rhodes, of the Ordo Dracul. I had hoped to speak with Priscus Cordoba about residency in the Domain, but if he is no longer part of it then it puts me in a difficult position. Perhaps he appointed a whip or otherwise empowered someone to act in his stead for family matters while he is away?" He asks diplomatically. "I expect I would find myself in a great deal of difficulty if I had to decide between poaching and skulking through the Barrens while I wait for the rest of the clan to settle on a new Priscus."

"But where are my manners?" He adds, taking note of the cane used by Keeper Villiers as well as the shift in her stance and making an educated guess. "You seem to be in pain and I am keeping you on your feet. Would you be more comfortable sitting down somewhere?"

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha appreciated the slippery and wise reply to her teasing. Nodding her approval the Seneschal arrived before she could add or ask more.

A small curtsy to the Seneschal before leaned harder on her cane.

For the briefest moment, Martha wondered if Louis was eager to hurry her away so he could talk, unimpeded, with Katya. But she felt such thoughts were uncharitable and, deciding Louis meant no harm, Martha nodded her thanks to his thoughtfulness;

"Ah, that is kind, sir. However, at the risk of sounding ungrateful, sitting now risks interfering with my ability to be ready to help you and the Seneschal. I'm happy to stand and talk, thank you!" she smiled. Hoping to reassure Louis with a nod of clearly genuine thanks.

"Ah! The Ordo Dracul, you say?" she added with another sweet smile. A small gesture of a tiny hand towards David Regan is narrated, "Perhaps later, sir, you'll permit me to introduce you to the Grand Wyrm, David Regan...he's a very wise gentleman!" she added, seemingly sincere.

Feeling she'd done all she can for the moment, Martha smiled and, rubbing at her ruined pelvis, she fell silent and waited to see what Katya and Louis had to say next.
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

As Ke$ha would say...

Tik, tok, that is. Unless you wanna fight 'til you see the sunlight.

Court closes 8 days and formal will start on the 1st.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

s
    sumthingpositiv

Turning her head towards ( Selena ) Vivian, Katya says "The stunning woman over there is Vivian York, current Whip for the Daeva clan. However, the current responsibility of handling your acknowledgement in the absence of a Priscus goes to me."

A hand gestures to a private room away from the others. "If you don't mind, we can quickly step away and handle that matter now and then you can come back and get in touch with whoever else you'd like once we're sure you won't cause any trouble." she smiles at her teasing before looking to Martha. "I hope you don't mind MIstress if I borrow Mr. Rhodes briefly."

She waits for Louis to follow her before continuing, if Vivian should approach them Katya will allow her to follow if she so wishes.

Katya and Louis can continue Here

Knot
    Theo
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Theo

Mask of Tranquility

OCC
    PRE

Louis looked over at the Conspiracy of Kindred that Martha gestures towards when she speaks of the Grand Wyrm. "Certainly Keeper. If not this evening then surely on some other one."

Similarly, Louis regarded the larger Conspiracy of Kindred indicated by the Seneschal. The woman who she was speaking of was not difficult to identify. "Of course Seneschal, lead the way." He gives Martha a respectful nod. "Until later, Keeper."

Louis follows

Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Status 1 (Covenant - Lancea Sanctum)
    Status 2 (Academia - Research Fellow)
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

Kenneth opens the door to the private room where he and Carrigan had been talking. The worm stayed in doorway for now, waiting for Jack to follow. Once the wild eyed man could observe the crowd of milling predators, Kenneth began pointing out several.

"Let's see, the albino woman is one of our Clan, Alice Hart. Beside her with the striking tatoos is Alessandra Antinori, Whip to the Gangrel Clan. I don't know if you saw, but the tall man who was with them before was David Regan, Mehket Priscus and leader of the Ordo. In the group that you found me talking to earlier there is Garrick Marlon, another of our cousins, and Vivian York, Daeva Whip. Over there, the woman with the C-leg, is Martha Villers, Keeper of Elysium. The man speaking with her is Konrad Roth, who I told you about earlier. Finally, the pale skinned woman is Katya Harding, the Prince's Seneschal."
    Mask of Tranquility
    Curse - Looking at Kenneth you feel disgust, as if you saw a lowly yet dangerous vermin.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Nodding and smiling, Martha seemed to be in agreement with Louis and Katya and didn't resist their departure. "Thank you....indeed!" she chirped as they made the way towards a more private chat.

Leaning on her cane, she surveyed the area and studied who was talking to whom.

The hour was late, but the Court still seemed busy with conversation.
    An uncommonly active evening, she mused to herself before limping over to greet Kenneth and his new friend...

Page 5 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread