Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch

OOC Talk & Scene Questions

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 18 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... Last
    W
    Woland

If your mouth has been writing checks your Wyrd can't cash...
    I'd like to stop here for a moment, because... has it?

I mean, at this moment in fiction: what triggers the duel, exactly? What are the stakes? At this point Alex wants nothing from Mhairi and accepted there's no removing her as Director in the forseeable future. Likewise, a Pledge has proven he's not a Loyalist, he's given up on being Groundskeeper and has not insulted Mhairi in any way (in fact, he was trying to do something completely opposite).

Sure, like you said: a Duel doesn't require a reason. But there's nothing for Alex to give away unless it's to the death or banishment is at stake. Which is kind of extreme if the reason is 'I don't like your hair'.

I'm not disputing the possibility of a Hedge Duel (Alex'd concede anyway because of the immensely uneven odds), I'm arguing it's stoking the fires of an IC conflict that has already ended.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

...I'm arguing it's stoking the fires of an IC conflict that has already ended.
    That seems like an odd argument to make, since it's obvious the other party doesn't agree.

I'll save you some time from trying to further argue by letting you know you're talking to someone who ashed a Vampire for laughing at him.

Clearly you believe that you have not crossed a line. You're not going to convince me that the line is where you thought it was, because clearly... you misjudged.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

W
    Woland

That seems like an odd argument to make, since it's obvious the other party doesn't agree.
    So far the only thing 'the other party' has clearly stated is that she is bothered OOCly by the belief our two characters will never get on. That belief is obviously unfounded.

I'll save you some time from trying to further argue by letting you know you're talking to someone who ashed a Vampire for laughing at him.
    Respectfully, not knowing the situation firsthand I doubt a parallel can be drawn. You're describing a clear insult made to a superior/equally powerful being in a society of predators. This 'situation' here is one toon disagreeing with the other. The toon that's been disagreed with decides to make a duel about it months after the fact, after herself calling a meeting specifically designed to reconcile differences and succeeding

Clearly you believe that you have not crossed a line. You're not going to convince me that the line is where you thought it was, because clearly... you misjudged.
    If I had 'crossed a line' as you say, why wasn't a duel called earlier? Why even bother with meetings and four-seat councils if you feel so insulted?

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

Woland, you're missing the point entirely.

I don't care if the Duel challenge meets your standard of validity.

It's a PvP site. There aren't any meta-skirts to hide behind. If you've been an argumentative ass to someone more powerful than you, that's on you to deal with ICly. If people think Mhairi's a crazy bitch for calling it, that's on her to deal with ICly.

I'm telling you that Alexander will respond to it in a manner that doesn't violate setting integrity and that you're not going to simply say "No" OOCly and ignore it.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

5. Likes Origins liked this post

True West, because it is PVP and changeling are bat shit crazy. The duel could have stakes ranging from honor to "buy me deserts for a year" and both are thematically appropriate for the Lost. Though the latter example is terrible for a duel to the death.

The toons don't need to be rational in there actions so long as it is IC/not meta. If you are that worried about it Woland, and if a challenge is issued, then IC you can argue for first blood.

That said, I guess I haven't been reading the situation as well as I thought OOC. I thought Alex had been doing penance since his failed political campaign. But they ain't my toons, and IC is more important then OOC for what they'll do. All I can say for IC is that Circe would be against them going at it with weapons as she still ships them.

0 Scenes

Okay so a lot's happened today and I'm worried that people will miss what's been going on. And because I've sent a missive to everyone, I wanted to make sure everyone's going see it and I know alterts have been acting wonky lately and I forgot to @ people in the missive, and only tagged them. My bad.

This is the missive that's been sent to every freeholder. http://nwod.org/forum/showthread.php...llenge-Ignored there are 2 links within this post, one for Mhairi's initial challenge, here, http://nwod.org/forum/showthread.php...rmal-Challange and the link to the letters that turned into a text convo here, http://nwod.org/forum/showthread.php...-The-Challenge

8. Likes Origins liked this post
    Bump Origins "Bump" this post

Sorry about the bump, didn't mean to do that I was clicking too fast.

Also, sorry for Woland to lose a toon but FUN FUN FUN for paranoia fuel to the other toons.

0 Scenes

lol, it's all good, figured it was something like that.

But, uh.... Woldan left. Like left, left. http://nwod.org/forum/showthread.php...-Woland-Thread

I thought he'd stay, risk Mhairi's wrath, or last minute let's duel, or even try and plan a coup, if no one tells Mhairi that he was still around she wouldn't have known. But, I guess rage quitting was more his speed.

Also! Origins Wanna get into a scene with Mhairi -- pretense being about cloths stuff, but paranoid subtext?

11. Likes Origins liked this post

Cole Volker

Mien is dull grey skin with seemingly molten veins, runes are barely carved
    Summer Mantle 1

Kith Blessings don't have a "speed" do they? So can they be activated instantaneously, before you take another action?

W
    Woland

I don't think it's expressly stated in any of the books, but I'd hazard they're a reflexive action (otherwise some of them wouldn't make much sense IMO).

Page 2 of 18 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... Last
+ Reply to Thread