DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 11 ... Last

Vivian York
    Sasha

Winter 2 (Chilled air around her)
    SL 4 (Violet Eyes, Inviting)
    Pres 3 (Lively)

Winter Pledge 1 yr

Hey gang! Just a future note, make sure that when you make open scenes that they are in Beyond The Hedge and appropriately marked. Scenes that go in the Lost section are hollow scenes or other private scenes as well as Glimpses.

Thanks!
    ~Selena~
    "I don't know where I'm going from here, but I promise it won't be boring." - David Bowie
    "Music is music, ultimately. If it makes you feel good, cool." - Prince
    "Characters may not be human, but we are , and both are subject to imperfections." Anonymous Actor
    *,..,*

I have to say I'm not entirely sure what you mean. I've already sworn a Vow of Good Intent to Selena 's Sasha here (but forgot to bookkeep the spent WP point, which I'll do promptly when we clarify this here). The Vow was not reciprocated, perhaps due to some oversight, and I never brought up the issue, especially since Alexander was mentioned in a separate thread as a member of the 'hold.

Or maybe I'm missing the point completely and there is a separate pledge, in which case I'll get right to swearing it.
    I cannot answer PMs on this account. For your convenience, please send your messages directly to the character account playing in the venue you are interested in. Thank you.

Star Scenes

I have to say I'm not entirely sure what you mean. I've already sworn a Vow of Good Intent to Selena 's Sasha here (but forgot to bookkeep the spent WP point, which I'll do promptly when we clarify this here). The Vow was not reciprocated, perhaps due to some oversight, and I never brought up the issue, especially since Alexander was mentioned in a separate thread as a member of the 'hold.

Or maybe I'm missing the point completely and there is a separate pledge, in which case I'll get right to swearing it.
    It's in reference to the Freehold Oath, which is explicitly mentioned (Beginning Play: Venue Info) in your approval/welcome guide.

All changelings are expected to take this Pledge if they wish to remain within the freehold. As a matter of tradition, most changelings will annually renew it at the Seasonal Festival of their Court ruler's coronation, however they may choose to do so at any other time. Those who choose not to officially Pledge themselves to the freehold will usually be viewed with a certain amount of suspicion.
    Last edited by West; Apr 27th, 2017 at 03:44 PM.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

4. Likes Selena liked this post

Star Scenes

It's probably going to get lightly tweaked and then be unchangeable (Freehold Oath). In a game where the majority of the population is less than a year old, 'year long' Pledges aren't really a minus.

It'll probably extend to all Pledges, perhaps a single season or half year. For the near decade I've watched the game, all I've ever seen Duration used for was to eke better boons out Pledges with no one ever, ever taking sanctions. Further, as long as I've watched the game, broken Pledges (mostly Motley) have been largely ignored, and that 'house rule' is been reverted to RAW.

This is all stuff I've discussed ad nauseum with every single Changeling ST ever and it's probably struck them as more hassle than it's worth (reverting to RAW/enforcing breaks/duration hand-jobbing) to address all the in place Pledges, but we're going to. Just haven't had a chance and wanted to sort out Fairweather.

TL;DR
    1. Year long Pledges are going away. They might be available between two characters who demonstrate they'll actually be in play for a year or more.
    2. Freebie Pledges are going away. Broken Pledges (including player drops) are broken Pledges. So be damn careful who you decide to Pledge with.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

6. Likes Origins, , liked this post

Star Scenes

Not really sure where to put this.

The Freehold Oath is going away. Gone. Doesn't need to be sworn, get rid of those bonuses, everything. I'll clean up documentation later.

If you care about the reasons...

1. For several years we didn't have a 'Freehold Oath', but on-boarding new Lost was problematic because everyone wanted to be an FOB and/or truculent about playing nice with others. When the 'Acknowledgment' process of Vampire was pointed out, Sovs started on-boarding their constituents. Eventually several people (back when we had 3-4 STs) hit on the notion of making it a Pledge and suddenly Changeling became the venue where you got dice bonuses just for showing up.

2. Mechanically, it's a bad Pledge that doesn't follow RAW and I don't feel like re-working it.

3. It's not needed, and compounds the 'full roster of Sovs' problem. Vampires don't get Vinc'ed during Ack. Mages don't get Geas'ed during Recognition. Know why? Because they'll fucking kill you if you can't act right. Time for Changeling to put on it's Big Fairy Pants and quit being a special snowflake.

4. It's a hassle to coordinate and usually drags out the seasonal threads which usually over-run their time-frames already.

So there you go.

Nobody needs to swear it.
    All existing are broken (update your info).

Last edited by West; Apr 28th, 2017 at 09:21 AM.

8. Likes Origins, liked this post

Star Scenes

Just a small note.

I know some of you may feel a little 'wtf' about me making some rules since some of you are new and have never seen me play --or be involved with-- Changeling.

FWIW, I played for a little over two years solid, 1000+ posts, and have dealt with almost everything ICly -- so they're not just changes made in a vacuum, but from experience. I've fought Fairweather and his agents, made Pledges, and even played through the beginning with no Freehold Oath to the creation/inception of it.

I've also been on the back-end of Changeling over the yeas to varying degrees, from discussing rules with STs to discussing plots (a fair share of the plots run over the years were my ideas I handed off).

So I guess I just want to reassure everyone that these aren't arbitrary or ignorant changes, but ones made from both playing and observation. They come not only with the game itself in mind, but to 'clean the slate' for a potential full-time Storyteller.

I'm happy to discuss any of the changes here in this thread. I'm a big proponent of House Rules existing to fix a problem, not just for 'the lolz'.

10. Likes Selena, Origins liked this post

Big thank you West! This should streamline things by a lot.

12. Likes West liked this post

Cool beans! The Arcadia thing was kind of annoying, though not as bad in games I've had with multiple venues.

I do have one question: Does this means Pledges are restricted to be inter-player or are Pledges with mortal NPCs still allowed?

Star Scenes

Pledges remain restricted to PCs and ST-run NPCs as they have been ever since Retainer Pledgapalooza. Since there's no ST, take that however you will.

I have no idea how you managed to ignore the big green:

Questions about this, or Pledges in general, should go in the OOC Discussion thread.
    ...and muck up my Changeling 2017 thread, but I'm going to start deleting questions that ignore the obvious rather than indulging them, Origins . It's a recurring theme with you and it's time to put on your Big Fairy Pants after five years of play.
    Last edited by West; May 1st, 2017 at 06:07 PM.

15. Likes Origins liked this post

Understood West, thank you for clearing it up. Sorry about that again.

Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 11 ... Last
+ Reply to Thread