Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

The Informant

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 5 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
    s
    sumthingpositiv

Katya refrains from becoming frustrated with Cotouri's curt responses. She agrees with Josephine that the woman of Yolo Bunker seems hesitant in giving more elaborate responses and wonders just how long she'll stand to take this bombardment of questions.

In trying to think back to her duties as a Top, Katya tries to think of how she might enforce her role to keep someone focused versus to keep them titillated.

"Setting aside the fact that Brady might invoke her wrath after she learns you spoke with us,"' Katya says in a soft tone. "Given the crimes you've committed in his Grace's domain, there are very few options available to you Miss Cotouri, so I would just keep that in mind as we assess how helpful you are."

she need not go as hard as the others, as abrasive as Josephine is the bluntness is appropriate in this situation, which leaves Katya the chance to go the other route. "I understand this isn't exactly a pleasant exchange, but if you are holding back, I am curious as to how that would serve you, either as protection from Brady's anger or something else. "

5 successes to play "good cop"
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-02-20 11:16:00 Katya rolls 7 to Manip+Persuasion (10 Again, WillPower) 10, 10, 8, 10, 6, 7, 6, 1, 1, 9 5 successes

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

"Yes."

"Actually? They told me where each of them Haven'ed. The names and addresses of their herd members. Where they liked to watch the moonset." Jacqui's voice rises to a shrill, manic pitch. "They told me their Sire's mother's maiden names, their bank account PINs, and their Social Security Numbers!"

A dirty arm jerked to encompass the room.

"Just like I am sure that every one of you know all of that about one another."
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Garrick Marlon
    Status 2 (Gun Permit)
    Garrick Marlon

Holstered gun on his right hip
    Sheathed knife on his left hip

Court - No weapons
    Gimme - Pistol and Knife

Nosferatu Curse: The irises of Garrick's eyes are milky white, they never seem to focus on what he is paying attention too. Consequently it is hard to tell if he's looking at you or around you or past you.
    Scenes

NOS
    PRE

"Ok ok so we know where at least one of them is right? Wait." Garrick turns his head to look at Cotouri. "That was a yes to calling for reinforcements? Because we're all in one room and I left my gear outside." Weight shifts and Garrick turns half of his attention to the door.

"How likely are these people to throw things to the wind and do something really stupid?" A finger extends and hand twirls to indicate Elysium itself.

PRE

"Actually, Coutori," Josephine contradicted, "if I did, for some reason, wish to kill the others in this room then I do happen to possess enough knowledge to go about that."

Perhaps not quite successfully, but it didn't exactly behoove the Reeve to share that extra little bit of information. Besides, she was certain that, even if she would fail in that circumstance, she would succeed in making their unlives Hell for nights on end.

"It's the benefit of participating in our society,"
    she added blandly, "but as we all know, you're more keen on creating your own kingdom out in the woods. A kingdom who's very isolation, ironically, has now become its greatest liability. I mean, do you honestly tell me that you know nothing of Citrus Heights? You know nothing of what businesses Brady owns, or which areas she reserved for herself to feed in? And, you say you know Rhayna would never feed on vagrants, but what else do you know about how she feeds?

"In short," the Reeve summarized, "if you were planning on killing Brady and her fellow rebels, how would you go about it? Would you start with von Schusten? Give him a call and then lay an ambush?"

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

"Yes. My own... kingdom."

The Hive Queen stills, the manic movement replaced with a dull monotone and sudden withdrawal of her limbs back into her lap.

"That's exactly why I went to Brady, to ask for advice. You condemn me for my isolation, but no one would want me in the city." Frustration seeps into the monotone. "Some Melissidae are killed outright, or driven out of Domains."

Every strain of Blood, with it's own curse -- both within the Blood itself and in the eyes of others.

"I was bluffing about Von Schusten," she continues, eyes flickering to Konrad. "I didn't call him. I thought, well, I thought I'd handle whoever you were myself. I've managed to hold out against other Brood attacks."

"As for Rahyna, have you ever met her?" Eyes drift back towards Josephine, but continue past the black mane to some place off in space. "She's, well, she's a Daeva. Really Daeva."

With all that insinuates about Hunting. A world that the slightly dirty, slightly crass tomboy Cotouri knew little about.

"And you could probably try to ambush Von Schusten. When I say try, I mean, get him alone. He's pretty, uh. Arrogant? About his swordsmanship and the whole Mekhet Ninja schtick. I don't know if he'd come if I called. I don't have anything he would want right now. One of them usually stops by at the beginning of the month just to, I don't know. Check in."

Make sure she's still oblivious. For a few moments, Jacqui lapsed into silence.

"There was something I heard, but I don't know what it is. A club? A person? Something about, handling 'Raging Wire'."
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

s
    sumthingpositiv

At first, Cotouri's sarcasm almost comes off as sincere and katya wonders where the sudden histrionic outburst is coming from, then when she realizes what the Lord is getting at, Katya curls her lip to keep her frustration low.

She almost thinks the interview is over after that little snafu, until Josephine restructures her questioning. Then Cotouri utters a word that Katya silently mouths herself, more for her own memory. Her eyes unfocus and she puts pieces together in her head. It certainly explains the almost obsessive concern Cotouri has for her mortals that they shot down. "How did that initial inquiry for advice from Brady go? Did she give a vague promise in exchange for your help or did she have detailed suggestions for you to follow?"

Katya isn't quite sure what Cotouri means by describing Rhayna as Daeva. Off the top of her head she could only think of Vivian and Juan and tried to think what they would be like if their personalities were augmented tenfold.

"Is the schedule of these check-ins based on your own calculation or do they give you a heads up when they are going pay you a visit?" If he was consistent with a routine then that might be better than trying to turn every rock over for his haven. Then another word grabs Katya's attention.

"Raging Wire?" she repeats as she takes a step closer, "How long ago was it that you heard about it and who was the one who mentioned it? Did you manage to hear anything else about it or was this just in passing?" she asks this in a slow and calm tone, calculating in her words so as not to ask in such a fast manner that it overwhelms Cotouri again.

PRE

"Thank you," the Reeve said to the Melissadae. "I have no more questions, save for what is von Schusten's phone number." Wordlessly the Reeve tore a piece of paper from her notepad and slid it across to Coutori, along with a pen.

"And I believe you are right. A trap is probably our best laid plan. In the meantime however, please answer whatever else is asked of you, the best of your ability, and I'll transfer my inquisitiveness to Konrad."

True to her word, the Reeve turned to the Savage of Priscus and asked what was likely a ridiculous question.

"Konrad, what manner of explosive do you believe you could purchase, provided you had the funds? And how much?"

I've Done Things... Bad Things.

Domain Status (Bloodhunted)
    Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

Konrad tries not to chuckle at Cotouri's backtalk. Perhaps she is growing more bold, or that her patience along with her frustration is spilling over from their constant stream of questions. He can't blame her for it.

The questions spill over onto Konrad as well as the Reeve shifts her attention to him.

"Oh, uhh," he stammers, having not been prepared to be asked that. He uncurls his fingers and sits up straight. "Well, provided I had the funds...I guess something between semtex and C4. I can check with my contacts and see what's on the market. Worst case we can probably blow open a vault door. Best case, a building. Give me a week and I can narrow that down."

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist seems to subside back from her earlier surge of energy. It would have been adrenaline if she was still alive. If her body still produced and pumped such chemicals. But she wasn't and it wasn't.

Her dark eyes flicker between the questioners and the lone woman huddled in the center. Her eyes narrow slightly at Konrads... aggression, but as the others roll on forward with their questions and he remains quiet, she too turns back to Coutori. At the mention of Rahyna and her being 'really Daeva' a smile curls up briefly at her lips. She knew what that meant. Dangerous, so very dangerous but... but she herself was Daeva enough to want to see it, to experience it.

As for Von Schusten. An arrogant Shadow sword fighter. As the interview seemed to wrap up, Twist mused on if she would rather encounter him to bring him down. Or to test her skills against him. Of course... it seemed like the Reeve wanted to go the boring, albeit safer route, of simply blowing him up. There was merit in that she supposed.
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

10. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    M
    Matrixchild

Brittany was quite pleased when the Reeve referenced her statement. She tried to not to smile and instead focused on the rest of the discussion. So much information had been given in this 'interrogation' that she was still processing what she'd heard.

With Josephine basically calling things to a close Brittany readied herself to do as asked, should she be asked to do anything. She hoped she could get herself involved with laying the trap that Josephine spoke of. She then listened as Konrad talked about C4 and semtex. He had much more connection to the criminal world than she expected. But finally it seemed like this long night was slowly coming to an end.

Page 5 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread