Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

The Informant

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
    J
    Juan Cordoba

Just another worry added to the pile. In his mind's eye, a cartoon of sorts played out. A revolving door spun as a parade of Kindred of merrily waltzed in and out - exchanging smiles and tipping hats. It was the only means for him to stay reasonable.

Cordoba sighed. Slowly an open hand reached his face, rubbing his pale flesh. All because no one can keep a coherent thought together.

He caught Konrad's mention of exchanging information and Cotouri's clarification. A fleeting instance of annoyance passed through him. As the Toreador rationalized it, it was a wonder he was able to retain as much as he did.

"If I may suggest, why not comply with Miss Cotouri's request to have her aura perceived. If only to be thorough." He paused, thinking, "I believe the Russian proverb is, "trust, but verify."

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Cotouri becomes still, then wilts as Josephine speaks.

It's become obvious, and she lacks the energy to keep up the facade of normalcy. This far from the Hive, within another predator's lair, is as bad as it gets.

"The madragora," she begins, looking at Twist. "It's been... sown... all over Yolo. That's what those piles were? Brady said it was important to kill it all, it was left behind by the, ummm, Gardeners."

There's a hint of question, as if she's wondering whether this, too, was a mistake.

"And, uh. The two Erikas, I don't think I was supposed to know. I just saw them talking, once, before they came to my... home. But after that, I could kind of tell. One of them talks a little different, and is more, uh. Brutal."

There's a hint of anger at the last. Just a hint.

"They sometimes used my... Herd." Which might explain the anger. "I know of Von Schusten and Rahyna, who Erika said was an important Dragon and used to be the Seneschal. Before her. Was almost Prince." VIP. The anger gives way to something... reverent, and speculative. "Von Schusten was staying at Woodside. The school? In a maintenance building. I only know because one time he was hurt, real bad. Burned, I think, and I had to take him some Blood."

"That's all I know."
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

3. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    I've Done Things... Bad Things.

Domain Status (Bloodhunted)
    Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

Konrad lifts his head up to glance at his watch. After the assault on the bunker and driving back to the Nox they probably don't have time to check out this Woodside school, which seems to be the only other lead to finding Brady's other minions.

"Reeve. What's the plan? Sounds like Miss Cotouri here is a victim of Brady's too. We let her go and call it a night? Chalk her dead herd members up to punishment for unacknowledged squatting and poaching? Then meet up next evening to raid the school for Schusten?"

An eye for an eye, as far as Konrad is concerned. She fucked up his Ghoul and he fucked up her herd. It'll have to be enough for Cody, because all this civilized conversation has sapped the bloodlust out of Konrad, not that he'd be against adding execution to the list. Already Cotouri's coughed up more information than Konrad knows what to do with, but all he cares about is putting an end to this so he can get back to his own scheming.

Brady, Rahyna, Baldwin, whatever is going on with them, they can at least check Cotouri off the list, one way or another.

C
    Casitive

Now that they are finally getting somewhere, is not the time to stop.

David glances at Konrad, surprised that the Savage is keen to do just that. But, David remembers that this isn't an ephemeral threat to him like it is to Konrad and that it is Konrad's carelessness that led to his Ghoul's destruction. Carelessness that he is showing now. Pragmatism is an art.

First thing is first: “How long ago was this 'one time' Von Shusten was burned?” The Shadow requires a time-line.

This all gets back to the promise he made to Rahyna, screamed in two voices.

The story of the Mandragora can be gotten later.

“I suggest we don't let Miss Cotouri go.” The suggestion in complete opposition to Konrad's overtly conciliatory one. “I suggest that she be put to Sleep and protected. I have to remind everyone that Rhayna has the power to compel individuals to her side, this is how she murdered Aοleen McFarlane after all. We can't leave Cotouri to her own devices.”

Which brings David's questions full circle, “What do you know of the Puzzle Box and the Torpid Elder that resided at Cedar Fields?”

s
    sumthingpositiv

Katya moves closer to the Reeve as she hears the next stage of planning as to the fate of Cotouri. The mandragora does not draw up any flags for her, but the burnt Von Schusten does, in hopes of putting another piece together in terms of establishing a timeline. She is eager to hear Cotouri's response to David's question.

In the mean time, she looks to Josephie, David and Konrad. "I agree, we cannot let her out of our sight. The question then is where is the best location to keep her hidden from anyone who might try to 'rescue' her." a torpored vampire in the Asylum might not be so bad if it weren't for the fact that a deadly vampire like Von Schusten might lay waste to all the inhabitants just to destroy Cotouri and keep her from feeding more information.

PRE

A frown appeared upon the Reeve's face as open discussion about staking Coutori was brought up. What fools. Such a matter was best decided without the victim being aware, but well, it was rather hard to put blood back in a severed artery. Besides, there were other matters she wished to press Coutori on.

"When we first spoke in the woods,"
    Josephine added, "you denied having knowledge of Rhayna. Why was this?"

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

"Well, you pronounced it wrong, I thought you meant someone else?"

Jacqui's a little defensive, but sincere.

"As for Cedar Fields, I don't know who was there," she continues, looking at David. "I know, hmmmm. There was a body they had me keep, and then there was Erika's twin. She was Torpid, I only know this because they needed extra Blood for when she Rose." Dirty fingernails tap on the table.

"I've seen the box. It had something to do with the body I kept. If I had to guess? It was a Reliquary with Vitae potent enough to Raise him."
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

A lot of information was spoken, most seemed important. Now it was a matter of connecting the dots and putting an end to this mess.

She raises an eyebrow at Konrad suggesting they let her go. Was he tired or just wasn't concerned? Then David just putting it out there that they stake her. She almost wanted to laugh.

"I agree, we can't let her out of our sight. For both her safety, and our own." she said with a nod to Jacqui. Rather that included staking her or not, that wasn't her call to make. Though if her opinion was asked, she'd prefer her staked. Less chance for something to go wrong.

The other names? She had no clue, so she quietly waits for the answers. Or maybe someone could explain to her later.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

I've Done Things... Bad Things.

Domain Status (Bloodhunted)
    Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

Cotouri doesn't seem to want to argue the point. Hell, Konrad would have something to say about it if it were him being held prisoner with threats of putting him to 'Sleep'. Come to think of it, he did have some things to say about it the last time that happened to him. But then they'd been Kine. A room full of Kindred, many of them likely skilled with supernatural abilities. Konrad starts doubting that he'd mouth off either.

The Savage maintains an indifferent attitude to the whole line of questioning. Cotouri's demonstrates no threat to the Domain and has been cooperative and providing what sounds to be helpful information. If anything, she's proven how ill-informed they've all been to Brady's plans. Konrad's not sure how putting her into Torpor will help anyone, but at this point it's majority rules, unless the Reeve objects.

"Well, if we're putting Miss Cotouri here to Sleep, I've got a place I can stash her. Guess her herd can fend for themselves for however long that'll be. But for the record I'm against this. We should be asking for Cotouri's help here, not tossing her in a dark closet. She's in the best position to keep an eye on Brady and Rhayna and to keep us informed about their activities." Plus being Torpored sucks. And it's no way to make allies either. Granted, Konrad has more reason than most to dislike Cotouri but, friend or foe, he knows how to make use of a valuable resource.

11. Likes West liked this post
    C
    Casitive

Moments are taken to himself, head bowed as David largely ignores the voices in the background. Though some of the words that swirl around him make it through. If von Shusten was going to Cotouri's mound of dirt, then they know. Konrad should know by now that a Daeva can make someone tell a person everything and love doing it. Then, Cotouri will be a body without a head, just like Aοleen, and their enemies will know how close or far the Domain is to them. Now is not the time.

If Cotouri willingly goes, there are rituals to do.

David's knowledge of the Lady of Cedar Fields body, makes a thought Crystallize. “Her,” it isn't meant to correct Jacqui, since it is murmured to himself, as much as it is to correct Jacqui's voice in David's head. “So,” The Shadow begins lifting his head, “Brady had her Twin dressed up as a Spanish Warlord and had her museum contacts bring the body here. Where Rhayna was to pick her up. But she ran into Aοleen McFarlane and Callum McCann, instead. However even before that, the Dragon Muir knew plans were in motion ...and paid for it. What was the interest in Straiphen?”

Was he just another soul to devour?

Page 3 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread