Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Initiating a welcome.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Flidais sat curled up around a rugged pillow, she stirs briefly, checking her watch.
    "They should be approaching the rat farm soon... Flidais contemplates doing more, she paws around for her phone only to retreat her hands under the warmth of the skins.

She shakes off the sleep long enough to remember where she placed the phone, she contemplates sending a text message but instead gets out from underneath the warmth and heads towards the water.

A little while later she pulls up to the rat farm boat dock and brings her rented canoe to land, waiting for the others to arrive.
    Flidais
    Thyrsus Mystagogue
    Presence: 3 (Animalistic)

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

Varyx's nimbus is subtle - she still looks more or less like herself, but there's something about her, something difficult to put your finger on... She's always been beautiful, but it's magnified and somehow terrible. Something so lovely can't be human, and it gives the people around her the impression that maybe she doesn't have any humanity, either.

+2
    SL
    PRE

A rat farm wasn't really her preferred place to spend time, but Varyx supposed that this wasn't where they were going to stay. It was simply to be used as a boat launch, and so, even if she felt a mild disdain towards the particular locale, she took solace in the fact that she wouldn't be here long. And like hell was she going to complain about it. She knew what she looked like, with her designer clothes and manicured nails. God forbid she actually give the impression she couldn't handle a bit of unpleasantness. She was certain she was already fighting certain assumptions - she really didn't need to make it worse.

She was dressed in the best camping clothes she had, which actually ended up being better than she expected - the jeans were still designer, but they weren't the kind that took an hour to get into an out of, at least. The boots were legit hiking boots, too (the fact that she'd bought them in a fit of appreciation for lumberjack chic wasn't the point), and she had on a t-shirt, hoodie and leather jacket over-top. For a girl who'd never been camping in her life? Yeah, not bad.

She'd spent the previous evening poring over the internet for the stuff she actually needed to go camping, since she honestly had no idea, and arrived with a backpack full of essentials - cliff bars, trail mix made up an amusingly high percentage of the food she'd brought, largely because she didn't quite trust the site that had informed her that cheese and cold-cuts would last outside and refrigerated for that amount of time. She'd survived on worse, anyway. She had, after all, bought into those stupid "detox diets" once upon a time, and trail mix was a king's feast in comparison. A few changes of clothes plus some extra socks, a sleeping bag, a tent and the barest minimum of toiletries - which meant her face was fresh and completely bare of make-up, unusual for her, but unsurprising, given that she wasn't all that keen on hauling her entire bathroom around with her on the trip.

Her boots make a loud thunk against the dock as she approached the canoe, and smiled when she saw Flidais waiting there. "Looks like I'm early." She walked to the end of the dock and folded herself into a cross-legged position at the end, looking warily down at the boat. "Now might be a bad time to say this, but I've never actually been in a canoe before. That's not going to be that much of a problem, will it?"

Varyx might he pleasantly surprised to notice that there was very few rats around the place, mainly because this was a boat ramp and rat farm the name of it rather then a place of business.

Flidais looked like she had been out for a day or so already, her hair unkempt and messy, but in a way that brought out her animal side rather then simply lazy. With a tone of mock seriousness she spoke in a grand tone.
    "Welcome child, our meeting here was foretold many minutes ago, but first you must pass the trial of water!" Flidais then let out a cackling laugh which ended in a fake cough.

"Seriously though, Welcome! I am heartened to see you here nice and early. The canoe shouldn't be an issue, If you are concerned you can come in mine but it's fairly simple. Besides what's the worst that can happen? Fall in and get Hypothermia? I can take care of any issues like that." Flidais sounded confident.

*And let's see... Are you more then your surface? What manner of creature lurks bellow the feathers of the peacock. Snake, Otter or Wolf I think...* Flidais contemplates thinking about the few rites she has planned and what will be revealed.
    Flidais
    Thyrsus Mystagogue

Wayland

Public Name: Richard "Richie" Holt
    Wayland

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Spells (3/3)

??? (Cloaked, Pot 4)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 6)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 7)

PRE

Google Maps is the boss. Wayland is a city boy through and through. How hard can it be to get lost on a long road? Who checks maps these days anyway, thats what GPS is for right?

Wayland picked up a hire car from the Avis car rentals. The car place, not the Mage. That shit still makes me chuckle yo. The chick at the counter didnt seem to find it funny when he said he wanted to take out insurance cause he was "going to take it jungle bashing and beat that crap out of it". Some people have no sense of humor.

He drives the hatchback rental into the Rat Farm and pulls up beside the two women and nods.

Wayland 3.jpg

" 'Sup ladies. Yo, Flidias, are there any like, rats runnin' around here? Rats kinda freak me out, ya know?" Genuine concern, followed by a grimace. Plague rats can swim in water and climb up ropes. Freaky. "Yo, is Faust coming?"

Flidais smirks at Wayland and his fear of rat, a fear of dogs she could understand they were powerful creatures and even with sleeper science they could leave scars or even kill, but what could some rats do, maybe the bobcat could sharpen his claws.
    "Not presently but I'm sure I could rustle up some for you." Flidais sounded completely helpful as she spoke as if Wayland wanted some rats.

"As for the bookworm he said he'd arrive, so I guess he was just waylaid, unlike Wayland who was clearly not waylaid." She sounded almost pleased with herself as she spoke.
    Flidais
    Thyrsus Mystagogue

T
    Trismegistus

After awhile Faust arrived, looking somewhat flustered at his lateness. His clothes were perhaps not quite appropriate for the environment (or stylish), but the combination of slacks and a pink polo under a parka whose tag he had failed to notice was still attached would likely prove serviceable enough. "My apologies, I got rather turned around on my way here."

Once the demonologist had gotten a bit more comfortable with the surroundings he set down the bag that had been slung over his shoulder and looked around, "Where are the rats? For that matter why would someone farm them? For lab specimens?"

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

Varyx's nimbus is subtle - she still looks more or less like herself, but there's something about her, something difficult to put your finger on... She's always been beautiful, but it's magnified and somehow terrible. Something so lovely can't be human, and it gives the people around her the impression that maybe she doesn't have any humanity, either.

+2
    SL
    PRE

Varyx looked up at the sound of an approaching car and smiled at Wayland as he arrived, then snickered at Flidais' little play on words. Wayland. Waylaid. Heh.

When Faust arrived a little while later, she cocked an eyebrow at the parka and then at the still-attached tag. Without a word, she pushed herself to her feet, walked over to him and grasped his arm with one hand while she popped the tag off between her fingers with the other. Then, smirking, she handed it to him.

With that, she turned her attention to Flidais. Presumably, the Thyrsus had plans for how to get all four of them to the camp site. She hoped it didn't involve sharing a canoe with one of the other two. Not that she disliked them or didn't trust them, particularly. She just had visions of the uncertain motions of two inexperienced mages playing off each other in the middle of the water until the jerking and tilting ended up dumping them both into the icy drink. Fun.

Flidais nods to herself satisfied that all three are here.

"No rats, It's just the name of the boat ramp. However we do have something more interesting! Our first stop lies across that!" Flidais was full of enthusiasm and energy now, she was in her element, although she hadn't opened herself up to them she could feel deep down in her soul, the spirits of the natural world and energies of nature that ran wild just across the water and that was where she pointed.

"There are two Canoes, two people per canoe, you will want to make sure you don't tip over as the water is cold enough to give you hypothermia, and that's before the windchill! I have a couple of plastic bags that I think don't have any holes in them if you want to make sure you have at least one pair of dry clothes by the time you get to the other side, although you should be fine. Just don't stand it it or try to do sword fighting or anything silly like that. Shall we do a boys canoe and a girls canoe? Flidais made the last suggestion due to Varyx's previously mentioned concern.
    Flidais
    Thyrsus Mystagogue

Wayland

Public Name: Richard "Richie" Holt
    Wayland

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Spells (3/3)

??? (Cloaked, Pot 4)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 6)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 7)

PRE

"Ohh, sweet. Rats are messed up yo." With a big cheesy grin Wayland walks over to Faust and gives the Doc a big arm-around-the-shoulder squeeze. "Lets go bro. Canoe up! Lemme get my stuff first."

He pulls a sleeping bag, still with the store tag attached to it, a plastic shopping bag that appears to have some crumpled clothes in it, and what appears to be a packet of cigarettes.

"Just dont rock the boat yo."

T
    Trismegistus

"Wha-" Faust began, a pink tinge coming to his cheeks, as Varyx grabbed his arm then, "Oh. . ." as his face went full on red when he took the tag from her.

There was a small air of disappointment around Faust when Flidais said there weren't any rats, but he didn't say anything and it quickly passed. He gave a polite wave of his hand to decline the Shaman's offer of a plastic bag, "No thank you, no back up will give me more incentive to not screw up in the first place." The demonologist then proceeded to pick his bag back up and carefully get into the canoe. "Ready when you are," he called to Wayland.

Faust isn't very helpful, but at least he isn't a hindrance
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-01-09 16:55:34 Faust rolls 1 to help Wayland row (teamwork) (Str + Ath) (10 Again) 7 failure

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread