Ended
Watch

Roping together

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Miach

PRE

Even if it had been some time now since Miach had last come to the Pipeworks, it still felt like it had only been yesterday. The place, its smell, its sounds, the lay of the land, it was all familiar to the Acanthus, and soothing. He was starting to feel like he belonged there, and that was great. Hopefully, the other members of Steel Phoenix would agree.

Since he had already checked his climbing gear and warned Bruce, the current desk staff manning the entrance, that friends of his would soon come, all he had left to do was watch the others climbers exercise, and rehearse mentally the course that would bring him from hold to hold and to the top. Mental preparation mattered a lot, as he knew now.

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

Varyx's nimbus is subtle - she still looks more or less like herself, but there's something about her, something difficult to put your finger on... She's always been beautiful, but it's magnified and somehow terrible. Something so lovely can't be human, and it gives the people around her the impression that maybe she doesn't have any humanity, either.

+2
    SL
    PRE

Varyx arrived at the climbing gym shortly after Miach did, looking ready to exercise.

It only took her a moment to spot the her new cabalmate standing near one of the walls, watching other climbers. She grinned and walked over. "Hey!" Her gaze followed his, up to the climbers on the wall. One particularly fit-looking man jumped from one hold to something small enough that it looked like it was small enough that Varyx was surprised it was possible to hold it at all, much less hold up most of a man's weight. She whistled, then looked down at her hands and, more specifically, her perfectly manicured fingernails, which were long enough that she'd probably rip one off if she tried to grab a hold that small. Right. She should have thought of that. Chalk it up to having never done anything like this before. "Well then. I guess I'll go get my gear rented and deal with these..." she said, wiggling her fingers at him.

T
    Trismegistus

Shortly thereafter Faust arrived in as appropriate of clothes as he had for the day's activities, cargo shorts and a red polo. He approached the gathering members of his Cabal and asked nervously, "Was I supposed to bring equipment with me?" The professor knew how little he fit in here, but it was a new skill and the best way to learn was trial by fire.

L
    LoneRanger

So here is the place. Wearing a green t shirt with the bees logo, gym shoes and adidas black gym trouser, I move in the streets surrounding the pipeworks. I arrived there with the public services. A backpack-with change- lies on my right shoulder.

Once there, I look around and bingo. There you are. I smile friendly at them while walking toward them.

"hey Miach, thank you for inviting me here. Wayland should be here soon."

Wayland

Public Name: Richard "Richie" Holt
    Wayland

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Spells (3/3)

??? (Cloaked, Pot 4)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 6)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 7)

PRE

Wayland walked into the place with his usual yellow hoodie and long loose pants and a red and black striped beanie. It was funny, one walking his Path tended to be drab and less flamboyant, so the bright yellow hoodie he liked to wear was a way to project an air of difference.

He spots the others of his new cabal trying on their equipment, so he waves at them and goes to the desk to rent some gear. Geared up he heads over to the other members of Steel Phoenix. "Yo, good to see ya all. Who's ready to climb the trust wall?"

Wayland considered casting a shield around himself in case he fell, but decided against it. Bit hard to show trust if you feel the need to shield up and not trust your partner bro.

Miach

PRE

It was hard not to be appreciative of Varyx's looks, and Miach definitly didn't ogle, he just scrupulously assessed her fitness for the exercise to come. "Yeah, yeah..." he replied somewhat numbly when she moved to the rental desk. Faust on the other hand was obviously much less disruptive to one's thinking. "It's all good, you can rent it there. See where's Varyx ?" he said, pointing out to the tempting blonde.

Lastly, the Moros arrived, and Miach greeted them with a friendly smile. "Pelican, Way, nice seeing you." Looking at the four Awakened that were accompanying him, it reminded him of another private lesson he had given years ago...

"Alright folks, all ready ? Clothes, gear, waiver ? all good ?" he checked with each of them. Even though the beginner's boulder lived up to his name, it was best to get the right habits right from the start.

Wayland

Wayland

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Spells (3/3)

??? (Cloaked, Pot 4)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 6)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 7)

PRE

Wayland steps in for a moment, "Yo, hold up a moment. I'm all for trust in each other, but I hold little trust for gear I haven't made, ya know? Lemmie have a look at your gear, and make sure it's not gonna snap on anyone, aight?"

He walks around to each person, starting with Pelican, who would recognise what he was about to cast, spends a bit of time checking his harness, adjusting straps and mutters some words softly in High Speech

3 successes to make sure shit don't break
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-12-19 18:33:58 Wayland rolls 8 to Gnosis+Matter+HS for Alter Integrity (10 Again) 4, 9, 3, 7, 5, 9, 8, 7 3 successes

Wayland next moves onto Varyx. "Yo, do you mind? I'll make it stronger. Assuming he gets consent, he proceeds to adjust straps and carabiner, some of which are dangerously close to some curvy sections,

1 success to Alter Integrity despite distractions
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-12-19 18:47:19 Wayland rolls 6 to Gnosis+Matter+HS-2 for "visual distractions" for Alter Integrity (10 Again) 5, 6, 5, 9, 2, 5 1 success

Quickly moving on, he seeks permission and does the same with both Faust and Miach.

2 successes for Faust
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-12-19 18:50:56 Wayland rolls 8 to Gnosis+Matter+HS for Alter Integrity (10 Again) 4, 4, 2, 8, 10, 3, 1, 4, 7 2 successes
      4 successes for Miach
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-12-19 18:51:33 Wayland rolls 8 to Gnosis+Matter+HS for Alter Integrity (10 Again) 5, 7, 8, 7, 1, 4, 9, 10, 8 4 successes

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

Varyx's nimbus is subtle - she still looks more or less like herself, but there's something about her, something difficult to put your finger on... She's always been beautiful, but it's magnified and somehow terrible. Something so lovely can't be human, and it gives the people around her the impression that maybe she doesn't have any humanity, either.

+2
    SL
    PRE

Varyx smiled at each Faust, Pelican and Wayland as they approached the front desk to purchase their passes and rent their gear as necessary. She didn't say much, though, since she had just finished collecting her things when they arrived. She walked back over to Miach, and smiled sheepishly at him. 'I'm not going to pretend to have even the slightest idea how to approach this," she informed him, holding up the harness. To her, it looked like a confusing mess of buckles, and she was pretty sure she'd just embarrass herself if she didn't get someone to explain it to her.

Soon, though, she had it on, and the others returned to the group with their own gear. Wayland made a good point about making sure the harnesses were in ideal working condition, and lifted her arms slightly to let him work, trying to contain the smirk that threatened her lips when she thought she felt his hands hesitating just a tiny bit longer than they should have over her curves. "Thanks."

With that done, she looked to Miach again. "So. How should we begin?"

9. Likes Cerberus liked this post
    L
    LoneRanger

Possibile, I do not know Wayland style and mudras, so... Well it si anche exercise in building trust, right? Beside, the ho idee Moros wants to be helpful. So I presume I might see what he wants to do.

A quick grin. I offre him ah okay sign, but I tell the californian willworker with ushered voice.

let us have a small chat on this, man, better now than later.

Wayland

Wayland

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Spells (3/3)

??? (Cloaked, Pot 4)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 6)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 7)

PRE

"Righto. Let's walk over here a bit." Wayland takes a few steps away from the group with Pelican. "What's up bro?"

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread