Ended
Watch

College Planning

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Miach

PRE

While the coffee pot was steaming, Miach was pushing a couple of furnitures to the side. There were still boxes all around from the various new members who claimed this place as their Sanctum, and it was buzzing with activity as they all settled in, trying to find a routine. Taking books from a box and putting them on a shelf, the Acanthus prepared the meeting to come.

Today there was something more too, as they had agreed to start looking into an aspect of the problem that had been handed to Fateful Watch, and who now rested squarely upon their shoulders. Hopefully, they'd come up with answers.

T
    Trismegistus

Faust stumbled into the room under the weight of yet another set of boxes but managed to set them gently on a table at the side of the room. He began opening the boxes, shaking his head every time one contained more of his books; the Savant was glad to have them, but for now he was looking for something different. With an, "Aha!" Faust pulled an elaborate mask carefully out of it's box and set it gently on a small display table next to the bookshelf. He stepped back, giving it an appraising look for a moment before asking Miach, "Do you think this works here?"

Still eyeing the mask he moved back to the process of shelving books and asked, "There was something of importance you wanted to discuss?"

L
    LoneRanger

The lab is always live Double, double toil and trouble; Fire burn, and caldron bubble. This line from Macbeth Shakespear may be trite, but for a lab this is a contigent truth. Whatever chemical or alchemical lab. Noises in the main hall. I switch off the fire under the cauldron. I look at the table in the room. Annotated papers are collected in an open folder. I close it. I pass my hand on it. Some work has been done to recover these data.

"I need a furnace, it should be there." After a bit of contemplation of the scarcely furnished lab while removing my lab coat, I pick the folder and move downstair. I wear black trouser and white shirt. I see the assembled mages. I walk with relaxed steps toward them with the folder in my left hand.

"Oh good to see you all, Faust, Miach. The rest will be here soon, I presume."

Wayland

Public Name: Richard "Richie" Holt
    Wayland

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Spells (3/3)

??? (Cloaked, Pot 4)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 6)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 7)

PRE

Wayland had been walking around the new Sanctum (at least new to him), making notes of anything that needed repair. He knew Miach wanted everyone to meet him for a meeting about something, but currently Wayland was replacing a cupboard handle. There was nothing really bad about it, but it was a bit loose and there was some slight wear and tear damage, so Wayland wanted to replace the whole handle.

Once the handle was replaced, he stood back, absently flipping a screwdriver in his hand as he admired his work. Satisfied, he went to go catch up with the others. As he entered the room, still flipping his screwdriver he said, "Sup gents. Yo thats one freaky lookin mask Faust."

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

Varyx's nimbus is subtle - she still looks more or less like herself, but there's something about her, something difficult to put your finger on... She's always been beautiful, but it's magnified and somehow terrible. Something so lovely can't be human, and it gives the people around her the impression that maybe she doesn't have any humanity, either.

+2
    SL
    PRE

Varyx overheard Faust's question about the mask as she was walking down the hall towards the gathering group, and had to smile to herself. Well, who would have guessed the professor would be so domestic as to want to decorate? Only, once she turned the corner and saw the thing, she realized it was a little less about domesticity and a little more about making the place look like some sort of museum, complete with artifacts on display.

Everyone was already there, so she simply nodded to each of them with a slight smile. "Hey guys." She headed over to the coffee pot, poured herself a cup and inhaled, humming with pleasure. "Someone's got great taste," she observed with a smile, finding a seat on one of the chairs scattered around the room. "So, what is it we need to discuss?"

Miach

PRE

Miach would have helped them all settle, but he knew from first-hand experience that it wasn't quite the same thing when you unpacked your own belongings. So he let Faust put the mask on the table, and hoped the Warlock would feel at home. Wayland obviously had his own way of making the place his own, which only made sense. They were all adapting well.

Leaning slightly to clink his own mug to Varyx's cup, Miach let them all seat comfortably, before starting what might be a long meeting.

"Thank you all for being here. I would like to lay before you a situation that Pelican and I know from a couple of months ago." He nodded slowly to the Moros, inviting him to interrupt or correct him anytime it might be needed.

"You have all been warned against the University ground, which is a known Banisher's hideout. We had been tasked with collecting data on a couple of suspicious people, and if needed counter them.

Those people were Dr. Israels, Mr. Peter Dick, Professor Williams, and Provost Jennings. According to Avis, they may be linked to the Banishers's martial branch, the Attack Dogs. Emrys provided me some more details. They are Admired by the local government. Dr Israels and Professor Williams are also Valued members of the Emergency Services groups..."
    he paused and took a sip of his own cappuccino. Lots of sugar, as he liked it, but still not enough.

"We may want to check with Arthur and Ermac too, who may have been attempting things, and may give us pointers, perhaps.

So, you see, we have quite the situation to handle... "
    he said, and looked at Pelican, who had conducted investigations of his own, and could perhaps contribute even more.

T
    Trismegistus

As everyone gathered together Faust took a seat. "It is isn't it?" Faust answered Wayland with a smile, his tone sounding as though the aspiring Power Smith had just provided a grand compliment, "I received it as a gift when I was in Thailand."

When Miach began to speak the demonologist became more serious. He listened to what the Hearth Master had to say then spoke, "Indeed we do. How much do we know about about these people? Risky though it may be, I might be a good candidate for information gathering. I have the right credentials for talking to people at the University, and I'm knew enough to town that I doubt they know who I am. Outside of mundane investigation it would provide me some sympathy with some of the people and places in question. Do we know anyone with the skills to mask other people's auras?"

Wayland

Public Name: Richard "Richie" Holt
    Wayland

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Spells (3/3)

??? (Cloaked, Pot 4)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 6)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 7)

PRE

Wayland listened to Miach lay down the info concerning the University. It definitely sounded dire.

The Banishers have a martial wing?!? Fuck me swinging! Not to mention ties to local government, and emergency personnel. So many levels....

"I mean, like what Faust said, how much do we know about these douche bags? Like, has anyone worked out if they are Sleepers or something more?" Wayland pulls the hood of his yellow hoodie forward over his head, as if he could use the hood as armour against the information. "If we track them too closely and earn their attention, they're just gonna get that Attack Dog group onto us." He frowns for a moment as a thought occurs to him, still looking down with his hood way forward he says, to no one in particular, "Though, that might be helpful. When the time comes, we could just make our presence obvious, pick a different location as our sanctum and have those nut job Attack Dogs come to our own ambush site...."

OOC: Is Provost Jennings supposed to be Professor Jennings??

L
    LoneRanger

I listen with attention to what Miach says. I open my folder and give a look at the notes. I speak with a calm voice.

"I am afraid I have to disagree. Williams is a prominent History professor. Dr. Israles is the one who works in the Emergency Services. The point is they had a lot of time to build their defences, their, uh, fiefdom. Let me use this term. Fiefdom."

Just stressing it for the dramatic value or to instill the sense of how entrenched they are.

Miach

PRE

It came as little surprise to Miach that his information would be inaccurate. "Ha ? Is that so ? Well... good to know. What else have you found that you could provide, please ?" he asked, thankful for the Moros's former legwork, but hoping that some weakness would appear in their fiefdom...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread