Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Spells (3/3)

??? (Cloaked, Pot 4)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 6)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 7)

PRE

Nods. Sounds like a pretty decent plan to Wayland.

"Sounds pretty solid Miach.. He turns to Avis with explains, "So I guess our plan would be, Miach would locate the hostage, and once we find them, he is in charge of his safety. Me and Pelican, we make sure all our gear is boss as, make sure we gain entry, then try and catch them by surprise. My old trainer used to say, 'Hit 'em first, hit 'em hard'."

There is just one glaring problem with this plan. One that makes it go from an ok plan to a total crap fest. "Only problem though, we'd need more people to make it work yo."

Wayland

Public Name: Richard "Richie" Holt
    Wayland

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Spells (3/3)

??? (Cloaked, Pot 4)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 6)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 7)

PRE

gentle bump Avis

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"You've all adapted well to the situations I've posed for you," Avis replied, "which is definitely a good sign. It also makes me wonder, and maybe I should have asked this to start with, what are y'all concerned with? What do you feel you need to work on in order to successfully balance the most violent of conflicts?"
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

Wayland

Wayland

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Spells (3/3)

??? (Cloaked, Pot 4)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 6)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 7)

PRE

Wayland visibly winces. Back in LA, he worked as an Armourer under his tutor, and there were enough other Talons around who fulfilled a martial role for the City. The skills he knew basically came from his life spent on the street.

Arrow training involves a lot of tactics and conditioning, and while everyone is expected to pick up the sword as required, there is more than one battlefield, and not all of them are physical.

"Yeah, as I said yesterday yo, I can shoot pretty good, and I swing a mean bat at some ganger's face, but I'm not a straight up fighter. That's something I'd planned on fixing once I made it here to town hey."

Miach

PRE

To Miach, Avis's assessment of their answers was as good as words of praise. And the answer to her question was very clear in his mind. "Some first hand training. At least enough to not be an embarrassment to the others on the team." Like that time when he couldn't deal with the cultist, and Animus came back to his doom...

"I have learnt some basic shooting, as well as some crude self-defense... but knifes, bats, the like..." There were so many ways to hurt somebody, as the doctor should know. You probably couldn't learn about them all, but if you could at least learn enough to look like a threat, to give someone pause enough to let you flee, or to help team up with someone else without being a nuisance... it would be good enough for him.

L
    LoneRanger

I remain a bit baffled from the question.

"what am I concerned with? Well, at the end of the day this is my city. So I'd say this is my city, my family. Includind the most stubborn one. "

I chuckle softly when I mention the stubborn. I mean my very funny nieces. Stubbron at times. but generally funny. I add then calmly.

"No one should be left back."

" Balance the most violent of conflicts? Apart the know thyself lullaby? I'd say to balance is a question of intelligence, not cold logic. Let me make an example. If a person has cancer, intelligence would dictate to save the patient via most efficient pathway.

A small pause

"Chemiotherapics are evolving to less painful medicines. This creates workplaces and so on. Of course, it is matter of removing the organ via surgery, but...Intelligence at work. Cold logic would say: Hey the guy has cancer, he's gonna die, let him die. No waste of public money, after he dies we won't hear him complaining. Cold logic. Bit of shivering"

A pause.

"So to cite Augustine Virtue find and chooses its own way, while vice is an excess or defect of something. Oh no. that's Aristotle.

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

One thing was obvious: she and Pelican had very fucking different definitions of intelligence. But, whatever, that wasn't important. There seemed to be enough consensus for her purposes anyways.

"Well, using the Supernal is always going to be easier than shanking or shooting someone, because those methods are based on the Lie and our Will can always supersede that. However, you're right, that doesn't mean physicality is unnecessary. It could very well be the only thing that stops your spirit from leaving your flesh behind. So, grab some practice swords from the wall,"
    Avis said, flicking a hand towards a rack of wooden weapons.

"We'll start with some line work. Because no matter how small or large your blade, or your club is, everything moves in lines. Lines of motion. Lines of threat. Know where those are and you'll be able to attack, and defend, a hell of lot better. There's three shapes related to those lines that pretty much any attack will break down into. Circle, square, triangle. Angles will change, as will the size of the line as I mentioned before, but the shape wont..."

Good to end or are y'all wanting to continue?
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

Wayland

Wayland

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Spells (3/3)

??? (Cloaked, Pot 4)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 6)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 7)

PRE

Wayland helped the others into a line in prep for the exercise. Man it had been a while since he had done this. Felt good to get back into it really, "honest" work and the chance to crush heads.

Picking up a few practice swords from the rack, he walked over and handed them out to Miach and Pelican. Giving the wooded sword in his hand a few swings in the air, he felt for the weight of it, to find its balance point. He could feel the grain of the wood in his hand as he ran his other hand slowly along its length, but he felt deeper, in a way only one of his Path could. He wasn't trying to feel the weapon, but to know it.

Satisfied with the object in his hand, he stood up straighter, with grim purpose on his face and ready to learn. "Yo, I'm ready."

Ready to wrap. Fun scene.

9. Likes Cayce liked this post
    L
    LoneRanger

I grab the wooden weapon, offered by Wayland. I nod to him, in a silent, proper gesture of thanking.

Then I start observing the wood, noting its qualities. Then I start wondering how would it be, if it were of another material. Metal or ceramics or the new composites. A quick thought. I move with grim determination to attend the task at hand, even if I know it won't be really that easy... At least, for me.

good scene, thank you all. Wrap is ok for me.

Miach

PRE

The Enchanter grabbed the wooden sword handed by Wayland, and started listening to Avis as she immediatly set to drill some basics at least into them. He couldn't quite get the Moros's fetishist thing with objects, but he knew the difference tools could made, and respected it, so he didn't comment on their reactions. And what's more, an honest-to-Oracles workout had never hurt his mage... especially not a Life one. He nodded firmly, and set to it, his jaw clenched.

I'm good too. Thanks a lot indeed

12. Likes Cayce liked this post
Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread