Arthur

Obrimos of the Silver Ladder

Presence 4 - Cocky
    Striking Looks 2 - Slick Smile

Reality War -Titanic Ep1: H: 1rB/7 M:7/12:3, W:5/5

+1
    SL
    PRE

After the last of the hotel staff had left the room Arthur gives it one final look over. Tall tables are arranged neatly but spread out. A side table has drinks of varying flavors and strengths. The walls remain bare and the floor boring carpet.

Outside of the people who would attend the room looks ordinary. Nodding to himself Arthur chants fragments of the lost mother tongue and releases his will into the Pattern. Sound wraps at the edges of the room just before the walls, floor, and ceiling. Walking to the main doors Arthur opens them and waits for mages to show up.

Hopefully the new mages will join a Cabal today. If not, well, they'll have to read the Rules again.

3 suxx to Sound Bubble the room
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-11-20 17:10:57 Arthur rolls 5 to Recruiting - Influence Sound (Gno+Forces-4(16 yard radius)+2HS) (10 Again) 3, 10, 5, 2, 9, 8 3 successes
    Arthur, Obrimos of the Silver Ladder, SL2 (Slick Smile), Pres 4 (Cocky)

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

Varyx's nimbus is subtle - she still looks more or less like herself, but there's something about her, something difficult to put your finger on... She's always been beautiful, but it's magnified and somehow terrible. Something so lovely can't be human, and it gives the people around her the impression that maybe she doesn't have any humanity, either.

+2
    SL
    PRE

Varyx had a cup of fresh coffee from one of those little artisan coffee shops downtown when she arrived. Sometimes, long days got even longer, and today was a day where Varyx was already feeling like she wanted a pick-me-up. Of course, had she needed one, she'd have topped up her mental energy with magic. She was sharp as she always was. No, it was more that she was simply feeling annoyed, and coffee was a comfort. It was, she knew, a Sleeper habit, all wrapped up in the Lie with a neat little bow. But on the other hand, so long as she recognized it for what it was, she was better off that someone who just simply bought into it, right? They say placebos still work, even if you know it's a placebo. Maybe that was only because people are aware of the placebo effect to begin with. Could the placebo effect really cause itself?

She stepped into the room, taking a long drag from the coffee cup, and smiled when she saw Arthur. "Hey, Arthur. Thanks again for setting this up." She set her cup down on one of the tables, her gaze sweeping over the room. She paused for a moment to check out the drinks, and then looked back at Arthur, smiling pleasantly at him.

Wayland

Public Name: Richard "Richie" Holt
    Wayland

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Spells (3/3)

??? (Cloaked, Pot 4)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 6)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 7)

PRE

Wayland turns up in his usual attire, hoodie and 5-o'clock shadow. He feels slightly out of place as he walks through the hotel on his way to the meeting room, before realising that he really doesnt care what they think of him. This is the right place. He can sense magic ahead.

Once he enters the room though, he misses a step at the sight of the woman in the room. She was captivating, that slight hint of a smile.... Yo, game face on bro. First impressions and all that...

Wayland wanders over the Arthur and the other woman. "Yo, Arthur. Good to see you again. Cheers for setting this up, ya know?" He turns to the other woman, "Name's Wayland." He tries to take a sip of his drink before he realises that he doesnt have a drink in his hand. Dammit bro! Get yo shit together!

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-11-21 05:15:34 Wayland rolls 8 to Matter Shield (Gnosis3+Matter3+HS2) (10 Again) 2, 2, 1, 4, 4, 4, 7, 8 1 success
      4 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-11-21 05:17:34 Wayland rolls 9 to Supernal Vision (Int+Occult+Prime+HS) -1 mana for cloak (10 Again) 4, 10, 3, 9, 8, 7, 1, 9, 2, 4 4 successes

-1 mana for cloaked Supernal Vision

4. Likes West liked this post

Miach

PRE

Armor SP3, Sight SP4, -2 Mana Cloaked
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-11-22 08:06:34 Miach rolls 9 to Wit 3 + Occ 3 + Rote Speciality 1 + Prime 2 + HS 2 - extended to 24H 2 to Supernal Vision, -1 Mana Cloaked (10 Again) 6, 8, 9, 2, 7, 6, 10, 1, 10, 7, 5 4 successes
    2015-11-22 08:06:07 Miach rolls 9 to Res 3 + Ath 2 + Life 4 + HS 2 - extended to 24H 2 to Organic Resilience, -1 mana Cloaked (10 Again) 7, 9, 2, 3, 1, 1, 2, 8, 9 3 successes

The course of years in Sacramento had not always been kind to the Acanthus, and Miach knew it. Erosion, entropy, time, evolution... you pick its name. It's all the same: things change. You adapt or you die. He had tried adapting again, and again. It was wearisome, and perhaps even pointless. But it was that, or die. Die socially, die mentally, die physically... there were all kinds of little deaths before the Great One came. And the mystagogue didn't feel like dying, so he would have to stir himself into adapting once again.

Those were the toughts racing through his mind as he reached the SL Hostel, and he entered the room prepared for them by their host, Arthur. Beside him were two people, a tempting woman named Varyx he had already met, if barely, and another man. Unknown. No Sentinel in sight either...

Tensing slightly, the tall doctor went to the other Awakened, and greeted them with a friendly smile, but his eyes were wary, and he never left the hooded man out of his sight. "Good evening Arthur. Varyx. Sir... I am Miach. Pleased to meet you."

6. Likes alias-of-a-girl liked this post
    L
    LoneRanger

How to pose it? Murphy's law PLUS its First corollary? If something could go wrong, it shall go wrong, with the worst possible result.

And voilà! Sprinkle it with a bit of oil, some droplet of vinegar, salt and a pinch of pepper. Served.

But... At the end of the day, Moros tend to bask into this pessism. No resignation is allowed. True grit.

With a black-sort of boring- suit and a white shirt, I march forward to find again a cabal. As I enter, I see the lovely lady I saw in the previous Mage meeting. Good to see you again. But before everything else, my regards to Arthur, who kindly hosted this event. A friendly smile to the Thearc.

"Good to see you Arthur. I hope everything is fine with you. And thank you for hosting this."

I wait for him to answer, then if there is no trouble, I enter the room, offering him a nod. Let's see who is around -someone I've never seen around, the lovely lady and good ol' Miach. I greet them friendly with an open han, a friendly smile and I gently say them:

"Please, allow me to introduce myself. I am Pelican. Good to see you Miach."

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

Varyx's nimbus is subtle - she still looks more or less like herself, but there's something about her, something difficult to put your finger on... She's always been beautiful, but it's magnified and somehow terrible. Something so lovely can't be human, and it gives the people around her the impression that maybe she doesn't have any humanity, either.

+2
    SL
    PRE

Varyx smirked at little at the twitchy motions Wayland made as he tried to introduce himself to her. Most men reacted in some way to her presence, but this one seemed thrown for more of a loop than usual. Adorable.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Wayland. I'm Varyx." She echoed the motion of drinking, except this time, she actually had her coffee in her hand. But before she could say anything else, Miach came in, followed quickly by Pelican. "Hi Miach. Pelican." She greeted them brightly, giving no indication of the question on her mind - why were they here, exactly? Weren't they both members of an existing cabal? The same one, in fact? She wouldn't have been that surprised to see Miach, since Arthur had mentioned inviting some representatives of other cabals who might be recruiting. But in that case, shouldn't only one of them have come?

She considered the possibility that they might be more in need of membership than any other group. After all, a cabal needed three members to be valid, and she knew a few mages had been conspicuously absent from the last Consilium meeting... Didn't someone mention a Sentinel had left the city? If he'd been one of the Fateful Watch, and they were down to only two... that would explain their interest in recruiting, certainly. Still, she didn't know for certain that's what it was, and it was best not to make assumptions.

Arthur

Obrimos of the Silver Ladder

Presence 4 - Cocky
    Striking Looks 2 - Slick Smile

Reality War -Titanic Ep1: H: 1rB/7 M:7/12:3, W:5/5

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Not a problem Varyx." Arthur grins and throws the hotty a nod up. That's not fair...maybe in a few months.

"Good to see you too Wayland." Second Arrow in town folks get him while he's hot.

"Evening Miach good to see you here." Two is not three and three is the magic number.

"Not a problem Pelican our community needs solidarity and cohesion. That's my goal."
    That grin remains as Arthur looks over the small gathering. Hopefully the others arrive soon.
    Arthur, Obrimos of the Silver Ladder, SL2 (Slick Smile), Pres 4 (Cocky)

Wayland

Public Name: Richard "Richie" Holt
    Wayland

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Spells (3/3)

??? (Cloaked, Pot 4)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 6)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 7)

PRE

Wayland is reminded of those careers days you had to go to in High School. You'd walk around and look at all the different careers the school was trying to peddle. Want to be a doctor? Need to go to College for that. Want to be a cop? Pfft, like they'd ever accept me. It was always, need Colege for this, or no police record for that... Man i hated career day. Hope this day doesnt turn out like that. I'd rather shoot myself in the face.

Wayland greets everyone in turn. "Varyx? Yo, like from that game, League of Legends? Interesting Shadow name, I like it. You dont strike me as the gamer type though." He turns to the others, "Good to meet you too Miach, Pelican. So like... who else here are the newbies?"

T
    Trismegistus

Dressed in a tweed jacket over a white shirt with a red bow-tie Faust hurried into the room looking flustered and clutching a leather bound book in one hand. Once inside he came to a dead stop and scanned the room, muttering, "one, two, three, four, five. . . that doesn't seem like enough." After which he pulled out a pocket watch and noted that the hour hand was the short one, and he wasn't late after all. The warlock sighed.

Taking stock of who was in the room for the first time he smiled. "Arthur, it's good to see you again," he offered a hand, "and you, Miach." When the Savant's hand turned to the beautiful woman he offered up a somewhat curt, "Varyx," not impolitely so much as a nervous attempt not to shove his foot in his mouth. Finally he turned to the two men he hadn't met before. "My name is Faust, who might I have the pleasure of conversing with this evening?" he asked offering a hand to each in turn.

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

+2
    SL
    PRE

Varyx blinked at Wayland, clearly taken off-guard by the comment about her Shadow Name, then began to laugh, a genuinely amused chuckle. "Actually, I had no idea there was a character from a video game called Varyx. Though, from what I know of League of Legends, I suppose I should be surprised you're the first the bring it up."

She smiled and nodded at Faust as he offered her his greeting, then turned her attention back to Wayland. "As I understand it, so far you, Faust and myself are the ones who are new to town. Obviously Arthur has been around a while, and I saw both Miach and Pelican at the last Consilium meeting, so I assume they've both been here a while as well."

13. Likes Cerberus liked this post
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread