Ended
Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
Carriage tour

Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    E
    Ermac

The Obrimos listened curiously to the others' occupations and interests. Accepting Ramona's card, he nodded in thanks, "I've never met a blacksmith before. I'll have to check out your shop one day, that sounds like it'd be a cool experience."

Morgan's question to him was met with a sheepish grin, "I'm not particularly good at it, but I try. Like everything else, it just takes time to learn."

In response to Ale, "I work in I.T. It gets interesting. When I'm not fixing computers, I'm setting up networks. I'm hoping to eventually go out on my own and open my own consulting practice."

Lastly, "I admit, there's more I wish I knew about the city. That's partially why I was so excited about a carriage ride. These tours are usually very informative."

OOC
    Certainly Jose is willing to take them on a historic tour, beginning with the Governor's Mansion, and guides the carriage in that direction. Ramona smiles at Morgan's praise, and showing off the pendant. It's one of her simpler works, really. She'd much rather be showing off her knife, or a good sword, or a sculpture. But it's what Morgan has on, and drawing her knife would probably be a faux paus among this unfamiliar crowd. The talk of parkour and dancing is interesting. Both pass-times she enjoyed, but has yet to share with anyone locally yet. She should really go running with Morgan some time.

She blinks at Micah's... apology? He'd asked if she worked locally. And it's not like she's asking him for work, just offering him a card. None the less, when Eric and Alessandra indicate that the might be interested, she produces two more cards and hands them out as well. Hand your card out to everyone, she'd heard people say. You never know who might give you a job. And the Freehold is not giving her as much work as she'd expected. "It's a long story," she says when Alessandra inquires as to the origins of her interest in the trade. "It has to do with history, and fantasy, and self expression, and a whole bunch of boring, personal junk, but the short answer is; I was at a Renaissance fair one day and saw a blacksmith in action, and I had to do it. Had to figure out how to shape metal with fire and muscle into what I wanted it to be." She smiles, and shrugs, "And I like how it's turned out."

Not immune to the ego boost of someone as attractive as Ale praising her work, Ramona smiles and sits up a little straighter, perhaps a little more self-conscious of how her posture might appear. "Sounds good," she says at the mention of gifts. Maybe we could chat over a cup of coffee? That part stays internal. Probably not the right time for that. Too crowded. "There's this club called The Forge, stop by on [date in the near future]," she says to Eric, at mention of watching her work, "And you can see me in action. Probably catch some good music and a drink, too."

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

1) Morgan's grin got bigger as 'Jon' turned to one of the few aspects of herself the Beast was confident about. She still held the pendant up for folks who hadn't made/bought it to see. Even as her mouth got running: "Yada-yes, that ssssounds about right. Geh-glad ye are enjoying what ye learned. Leh-like I ssssaid, parkour ain't all roof-hopping. Truth-honest, glad ye hath founds it beneficial-fun...Ano-and I admit I kinda avoid the roof-jump...Little worried I'll get deh-distances, uh...yah-know...wrong." Faceplanting into the side of a building was not fun. The times that it had happened probably would've ended worse if it weren't for her claws.

2) She laughed lightly in response to Ale, "Tis nice to combines run-fun and-nd work," then the laugh turns nervous, "Barring sssss-certain clients, eh-heh-heh-heh," There were a few delivery jobs she'd rather not repeat for a variety of reasons. Mostly falling into the category of clients being too dangerous, creepy, rude, or (in Morgan's opinion) so crazy they make the Lost look mentally stable, "It taint-erm ant-uh, is not so bad." "Oh, ssssorry, if-if asking about dancing-to-either-o-ye-two twas rude, heh-heh. Nay ken-erm, I don't know what a dancer would leh-look like, heh-heh. Exempting when they art upon the ssstage, heh."

Morgan visibly shudders when Ermac mentions computers. She also lost a lot of enthusiasm, "I really-really-reeeeally don't get along with computerzz. "

As folks were giving their two cents on the tour, Morgan decided to chip in: "Hmmm...governor's manse-mansion zzzounds fine."

I'm on the wrong coast, I got nothing for sites without looking up in a tour book.

Miach

PRE

The talk was lively, each one of them talking the others, and even though it was somewhat hard to follow, it was still pleasantly refreshing and laid-back. Miach's smile was becoming less and less a social facade, and more and more a genuine enjoying-my-evening face.

Ramona's history for instance, made him glad. Someone had found her purpose in life, and was happy for that. It was exactly for that kind of opportunity that he thought people should live for. "That's great !" he shared enthusiastically.

As for the mix of dance and parkour, well... it was true that they were both enjoyable experience, when your body and your mind synchronized to make you one again. As perhaps the Fallen World, and the Realms someday ? "I wonder how much what you learn in one field can help you with the other... perhaps we could do comparative classes ?" he mused out loud.

When the talk for computers cropped up... they were only tools in Miach's opinion, and not much more, really, so he would have a hard time expanding about it.

As they slowly made their way to the Governor's Mansion, Miach repeated what he had read at some point during his stay. "You'll see the Mansion soon. It was the Governor's residence for the first half of the century and some. Reagan was the last one to live there... it's now a museum, mostly." and with that, he had told them everything he knew...

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ah, computers. A seemingly necessary evil of time moving forward.

But she smiles none the less, “Afraid I don’t know a whole lot about those. Just the basic e-mail and directions. But seems like a fun job that is always changing and good job security.”

It was amazing who you could meet showing up to a horse show.

When Ramon offers her a business card, she accepts it with another smile. Looking at it before sliding it into a pocket.

“There are no boring or long stories, least I don’t think so.” A long story was living for centuries and seeing how humanity changed. But that wasn’t a story she could or would share with anyone here.

Turning to Eric, “If you want company when you visit The Forge, let me know. Sounds like an interesting place to visit.” If he didn’t, it wasn’t a big deal. She had the club name and could stop by later.

She shakes her head and chuckles, “Not rude at all. And it takes a lot to offend me, so don’t worry about it.” Her smile turned reassuring.

As talk moves back to the mansion, her eyes drift to their surroundings. Sounded like it was a big deal around here.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

E
    Ermac

Eric shrugged to his fellow riders, "Computers have a mind of their own. I've seen machines do things that simply shouldn't happen."

Ramona's invitation of The Forge and Ale's offer to go along, brought a smile to his face, "Oh wow, thank you both. That sounds like fun." The Theurge opened his leather wallet and retrieved two business cards for Ramona and Ale. On the cards was his name, "Eric Marks," with his email and phone number. "That'll be a lot of fun."

Looking to Miach as he spoke of the Governor's Mansion, "Reagan? Actor-turned-President Ronald Reagan?" Eyes shifted to the estate, "That's one hell of a place to live, man...Just imagine waking up in there and looking out onto the city."

OOC

Alessandra inviting herself along to the Forge is an unexpected, but certainly not unwelcome addition. It's probably reading too much into it to think that there might be any motivation based on attraction to Ramona involved. (She did invite herself along with Eric, after all.) None the less it's a pretty thought, and regardless she smiles, complimented by their enthusiasm for seeing her work. She happily pockets Eric's card, glad to have a connection with someone in the IT business. That could come in handy some day. Approaching the mansion, she twists in her seat, looking up at the stone building. "The... overhanging bits are cool," she says, gesturing up towards where the walls turn into rooms. She's certain that there's some cool, historical, architectural phrase for the 'bits,' but it escapes her at the moment.

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

The topic of computers, made the Beast fidget and blush. She wasn't happy that her mind couldn't wrap itself around computers. She had tried books, classes, and being stubborn but it just didn't make sense to her. The instincts that had kept her alive in Arcadia seemed to either block or replace whatever part of the mind normans had that let them get computers. It was a slight relief that Ale didn't get them too well either. Morgan outright sighed in relief when the norma confirmed she wasn't offended by the raccoon's question. She might sympathize with Ale's less agile body but that didn't mean she wanted to be rude. Especially not to those that were...fully hu--normal, fully normal.

Morgan couldn't stop from replying when Eric mentioned computers doing "impossible things." "Um...heh-heh, I ssseem to make them do imp-impossible things. Mostly blue. Lots-lots of blue." Then she realized what she said and rubbed the back of her head. Motor-mouth was still too fast to control at times.

Thankfully, Miach gave her other matters to focus upon. Morgan's head tilted as she hummed in thought at the prospect of mixing/comparing parkour with dance. "Huh. Bolth-both invoke agility in the activity. Hm," she looked at Miach, "Jon? Ye might heh-hath a godo-good point. I mean, uh...waltz? Yeah, waltz not likely intercede-uh, impede-gah...intersect? Intersect with parkour much. Buh-but energetic dance cah-could. Meh-beh ones with jump? Like...uh...ballet?" Parkour connected with ballet only in that ballet did include leaps but it was certainly less energetic then, say, break dancing. Ballet was just the first thing that came to Morgan's mind for jumpy dance.

And then the mansion came into view. "Ooooh," just slipped out at the sight of it. Her eyes darted around rapidly, looking at various parts of the structure. Looking for spots to climb/hide was kind of instinctive, but that didn't mean she wasn't listening in. Morgan did find the name Reagan familiar. Before she could show off her amazing mental deficiencies Eric cleared it up. "Wha--truthfully? A president ssstayed heh-here?"

Miach

PRE

We'll be reaching the one month mark soon, so I suggest we start wrapping up, if it's alright for everyone ?

It was hardly a surprise, but it was Morgan that got the most interested in the sports comparison. "I think that you'd find some dance scenes to be very much parkour material, if you ask me. So perhaps there could actually be something to do.." but while Miach would support the idea, the mystagogue definitly couldn't spare the time.

And since he was as clueless as Ramona about the architectural bits's name, he couldn't help her with that, but he could at least answer Ermac - Eric Marks, he noticed on the cards that he was carelessly giving - "That very same Reagan indeed."

11. Likes Origins liked this post
Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread