Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Calling Cordoba

THREADID

PRE

After many months, Josephine once more summoned up the number which would connect her voice to Cordoba's ear, and his voice to hers...

J
    Juan Cordoba

Juan eyed his phone with a curious twitch of his lip. Wonder what Josephine wants. Not that it was unwelcome, just a surprise to him.

His answer would come soon enough. "Buenas noches," he said with a smile. "How are you?"

PRE

"I am well, Senor Cordoba, thank you for inquiring. I hope the same might be said of you. I must admit, however, that I was calling for more than sociality. In truth, there is a matter of business which I would like to discuss, a matter which I believe will interest you. Might you be available to discuss it?" Josephine inquired, not keen to waste any more of that evening's time. Though the sun was taking longer and longer to creep around the curvature of the earth, the time it remained hidden was nonetheless disturbingly short.

J
    Juan Cordoba

Never a dull moment around here, he nearly sighed. The Priscus of Ventrue was always worth talking to in his experience.

"Of course, of course. Just tell me when and where and I'll be there."

"Let us speak at the Nox. I shall claim one of the meeting rooms below ground. I shall head there forthwith if that is suitable for your evening plans."

He had given her carte blanch to set the meeting, but it was best to be polite when about to petition someone.

J
    Juan Cordoba

Juan paused just for a moment. "The Nox has been a bit too crowded of late," he cautiously and politely protested. Erika Brady's claws were dug in deep there. "Might you have an alternative location?"

A sigh was audible over the phone. "Alas, I suppose we might meet at the Moore House, but it would be entirely inappropriate. If you do not mind impropriety, however, then I would suggest there. I have no other spaces to which I might lay claim, at the moment. Moving, you see, means that my home is unavailable."

A lie, though one filled with truth. She would be moving soon, and her haven was unavailable, though it was not currently off limits due to a move. Such wasn't Cordoba's business, however.

J
    Juan Cordoba

There was a brief pause. "No, no. That's alright. I would not wish to put you in such an awkward situation. We can meet at The Nox."

PRE

"Excellent. Then I shall meet you there," Josephine replied. "Until then."

J
    Juan Cordoba

"See you soon Josephine."

*click*

Closed Thread