Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Stacks of Knowledge

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last

Gabrielle felt a sudden surge of the beast inside her when another kindred came along to talk to them. She didn't know him but the man had some familiar bearing. She didn't realize at the time that it was because the kindred was of Nosferatu clan, which she had ample opportunities to socialize with. Benedict would have probably liked this one. However, her carthian upbringing taught her not to judge by appearances or first impressions, so she allowed the man some measure of respect for the time being.

"Why not ? Good evening, the name's Gabrielle. What kind of knowledge are you looking for here Sir?"

It seems the daevas were not the only people looking for information here ...

N
    Noel

Daniel walks into the library giving the late night librarian at the desk a wide smile, the old girl started to smile back but something about him seemed to make her stammer her greeting. He accepted what he got and kept moving. Stopping in the section for psychology he thumbed through some books pulling a couple off the shelf here and there. He keeps moving until the feel of the gathered beasts stops him for a moment. He looks both was through the aisle and seeing nothing he moved to the back where he knew tables to be. Sure enough, 3 beasts all larger than his sat. One he recognized from court. Gabrielle, the woman with the rainbow hair, who could forget her ethereal beauty let alone the hair. The man, was a mystery and well Daniel liked a mystery. He loosens the knife at his back just in case though then smile wide and friendly, non dominant hand holding a small stack of books he comes up to the table.

"Good even my angelic cousin Gabrielle, dearest lady rainbow, and my good sir of the mysterious gaze. Would the three of you mind if I joined you at the table?" He scans the books on the table and who they were turned towards to find the owner.

"Interesting reading."

V

Just as she greets the milk eyed man, she sees another man walk up. Her beast howls for her to attack the newcomer, but she controls it and smiles broadly. The second newcomer is much more easy on the eyes than the first, who she assumes is a Nosferatu.

She eyes up Daniel's books. Psychology. It seems that they have at least that much in common. Although, she doubts he is also here researching for purposes of drama but stranger things had happened.

"Hello. I'm Diana. I'm doing research for a play, but I see your books aren't too far off from mine. Just reading for pleasure, or with purpose?" she asks, pulling out the chair next to her on the other side from Gabrielle.

Gesturing to it she asks "Please, why don't you take a seat. I believe we're family."
    BP 1 | Striking Looks 4 (ethereal, captivating) | Presence 3 (friendly)
    Health 7 | Vitae 8/10 | Willpower 4/4

"Oh my, if it isn't our well mannered cousin Daniel. Welcome among us. May I ask what it is you're looking for in that place of knowledge?"

She asked that with a flitry smile. Visibly, she found the newly coming Daeva to her taste.

"As for myself, I am browsing books to get a good hold of the local architecture ... for a painting project. I really like the houses in California."

Her beast was partially soothed by the good manners of the coming Daeva, though not completely out of the picture.

N
    Noel

Being invited by both of his lovely cousins to sit his smile was friendly and helped him look even more their family. He moves to the offered seat near Gabriell and places his books in a pile so they didn't disturb any other piles of books, with a small quiet laugh. "I have to admit I did not expect to run into family here to night. It is very much a pleasure though." With that he again greets Gabrielle by taking her hand and giving her knuckles a gentle kiss then smiles at her. Before taking the couple steps needed he also took Diana's hand and gently kissed the knuckles of her hand and then rises from his short bow to give her a smile as well. He then takes a couple more steps so that he was near the Nos and extended his hand with another quiet laugh.

"Don't worry sir, I shan't kiss your hand." If Garrick accepts the handshake he also gets a smile. The handshake is firm but not testing nor limp. He takes the offered seat finally.

"I see, so a play miss Diana, and for you Miss Gabrielle architecture for painting? Both very fine pursuits to enjoy. I dare ask my darling ranibow are you playwrite then? Something you are looking to have put on, one of the local stages perhaps?"

And then to Gabrielle "Are you looking for good examples of old spanish architecture left over in older California buildings? Or more modern creations based on the older achitecture?" He really seems to be enjoying that fact so many come to the library. His nights may not be quite as lonely as he thought here. Then he looks at his pile of books before answering Diana's question.

"Well miss Diana and miss Gabrielle I would be quite happy and content if you both just called me Daniel. We are family after all, I hope you don't mind if I answer you in a more familiar way by using just your first names. But to answer your earlier question, I am reading for purpose this night. I was wishing to look into the psychology or persons under treatment for psychological disorders such as removing phobias or other maladies so that I can formulate better ways to strengthen my mind to prevent such things from occuring. Life can be long and these days with medical science rising fast our lives could be extended even further than the hundred or so years. I tend to live a very fast paced and danger filled existance so helping to minimize such issues is of interest to me." He sighs.

"I know, I know. Not exactly what is expected but still I find, a little interesting." He spreads his hands out placatingly even if it's only for himself.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Daniel

Roll for Frenzy. This isn't your first Vampire, and that was one of the weakest nods to Predator's Taint ever. Since you chose not to role-play, it's time to roll-play.

Test for Rotschreck, requiring 3 Successes.

Garrick Marlon -- You're next, if your descriptions get any weaker.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

7. Likes Kelreth liked this post
    N
    Noel

The beast within him suddenly tries to surge up and force him to run from these beasts around him, to burn the bit of blood left in his body to speed it up even faster than normal. The sensation to run is almost overwhelming, his knuckles turn white as his hands grip the sides of the tables. He stands up suddenly, knowing without a doubt what was coming. He had to get out of the library in case he couldn't contain the beast.
    His main thought was to get out and away from the beasts, away from the public or he'd be ash. There was only a hurried and mumbled "I have go." Before he was gone, his feet carried him at a run...a fast run, but not supernaturally fast. The thought of the beasts behind him made his beast within surge again which caused him to almost collide with a book shelf but he was just able to miss it. The librarian looked up at him with a worried look but Daniel didn't care. He would eat her if she was in the way so his feet kept pumping and through the doors. He makes it out of the building before finally, he can't stop it, the beast takes control and he disappears into the night.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-08-22 21:16:27 Daniel rolls 3 to Rotschreck (10 Again) 3, 8, 4 1 success
      1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-08-22 21:35:43 Daniel rolls 3 to Rotschreck (10 Again) 2, 7, 10, 5 1 success
      failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-08-22 21:37:29 Daniel rolls 3 to Rotschreck (10 Again) 3, 2, 4 failure

Garrick Marlon
    Status 2 (Gun Permit)
    Garrick Marlon

Holstered gun on his right hip
    Sheathed knife on his left hip

Court - No weapons
    Gimme - Pistol and Knife

Nosferatu Curse: The irises of Garrick's eyes are milky white, they never seem to focus on what he is paying attention too. Consequently it is hard to tell if he's looking at you or around you or past you.
    Scenes

NOS
    PRE

Hands slide into pockets to get them away from the empty space on his hips. "Garrick Marlon Ma'ams. Apologies for the sunglasses, family condition and all." Garrick speaks quietly with a half heart smile at the end. "Any knowledge at this point." Ah more beautiful utterly dead women. How come home was so bland. A foot shifts as Garrick turns to look at the source of the voice. Eyes land on the fellow predator and Garrick's hands fidget in his pockets before going perfectly still. Followed shortly there after by the rest of his body stilling down to nothing as Garrick fights the monster within. It demands the pretty boy have his head bashed into the table. So simple, so easy. One less mouth to feed. One less person who may come down to the sewers.

A blink behind his sunglasses and Garrick shakes his damn. Damn stupid monster. That's how you die, especially with a stronger one near by. "I'm sorry, still getting used to..town." Then pretty boy turns and runs out of the fucking library.

Nope not getting nailed for this. "I'll make sure he doesn't run into anyone." Garrick hurries to follow the fleeing kindred and hopefully catch what direction he's running in.

10. Likes West liked this post

Gabrielle had to suppress the need to bare her fangs in front of the fleeing kindred. Having Garrick chase him and present his back to her didn't help matter. She turned her attention to Violet.

"Well, that was kinda of weird and I had some very strange nights believe me. Should we wait for the good sirs to come back or can or should we go after them?"

She feared the presence of Garrick might not be enough to subdue Daniel. On the other hand, adding her beast to the equation might not be the best thing to do.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Garrick steps outside. In the distance, he can see Daniel running.

Fortunately, it's down an empty street towards a deserted, industrial area.

OOC
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

13. Likes Violet liked this post
Page 2 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread