Ended
Watch

Seneschal's Meeting

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 5 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
    C
    Casitive

May I reiterate,” David says placidly, “that patrols have specific routes, as you have so kindly reminded us, and that they are public knowledge. Specific patterns are very, very easy to discern allowing poachers to simply avoid those areas and at those times.” Fingers unlace and drum on the table, the pause in David's speech allowing the implications to sink in. “Because there are poachers in the Domain and they have been here for years. No patrol has found them.

Turning his attention to Kenneth Gilroy , “I understand where you are coming from. New members of the Domain are only just getting their footing and growing into their skills. However, assessing their abilities can be done far more solidly doing something with clearer goals than simply 'patrolling.'” A breath is taken in, the Scarecrow's chest rising with the movement incongruous with the rest of the room.

As for Chris Wooding's announcement, “Thank you for your service, Hierophant.” The Dragon reverting to his other man's other title. There's nothing else to say given Chris' truculence and David merely blinks, twice.

I've Done Things... Bad Things.

Domain Status (Bloodhunted)
    Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

Toooouchy...

"Whoa whoa, let's all chill. We're just talking here. No need to fly off the handle. We're tossing around ideas, suggestions. It's hit or miss sometimes. Wooding, com'on, if you don't keep the office then we're worse off than when we started. If the Reeve wants patrols he can Deputize folks and do patrols. You asked for help organizing that and I suggested a couple individuals who could do it. Just, ya know, take the rest as constructive criticism or something."

The last thing they needed was to have their security team fall apart. Maybe a replacement might do them some good, but not when the Domain is under siege. Someone needs to diffuse the tension.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Wooding is stepping down because of player time constraints, and this is a convenient spot to mesh IC reasons with OOC reasons. Let's not make a super big deal about it and let the player and character move forward...
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

J
    Juan Cordoba

The hostility was growing more intense. Juan opened his mouth in protest to call for order. Konrad beat him to it. Instead he closed his eyes, thumb and index finger of his right hand pressed against his eyebrows.

A heavy sigh exhaled from him. Then he lowered his hand from his face. "Alright, what else can we discuss tonight?"

s
    sumthingpositiv

Katya listens intently to the Reeve's proposal, thinking that it would sound like a good idea in theory. She actually assumed that it was less about the Prisci doing actual patrols and having family members report to them of their own accord, and why not? If she had a dollar for every time she heard some kindred offering to "do whatever they could" she'd buy her own S & M club. the thought of making it a reward for feeding rights makes her uncomfortable only for the fact that it's something that would require permission, permission that does not get granted.

The responses come so fast Katya decides not to jump on any of them just yet to clarify points of view and waits for everyone to speak their peace although it is not as peaceful as she expects.

Nor is the rebuttal from the Reeve, indeed Katya's eyes widen with surprise as his response lacks the composure she had known him for but she doesn't think that it is entirely unwarranted. After all, his suggestions were just suggestions and not changes he was going to enforce. The abrupt resignation is just the cherry on top to her lack of preparation for such a drastic change in the Royal Court

Are all meetings like this?

She takes Cordoba's cue to move on as a sign to do just that, simply tilting her head as her palms turn upward. "Unless anyone else has anything they would like to add regarding methods to patrolling the domain. I have no further business to discuss but can remain here after the meeting for anyone wishing to follow up."" she turns to Chris and bows her head, "If this is truly what you wish, then let mel also say thank you for your service to the Domain, Hierophant. I will notify his grace of your stepping down." She stares long enough to make eye contact with him if he wishes, conveying a look offering her silent support of his decision that bears no negative judgment on acknowledging when an impasse has been reached. She then turns her head to the rest of the Prisci.

PRE

"You are quick with titles, Madame Seneschal," Josephine said to the woman. "That is a trait that will suit you well." The memory of the Harpy forgetting the proper address in the home of the Lancea Sanctum came to mind oh so easily, after all.

"I have no other suggestions beyond what I already proposed. However, I understand if there is a preference for non-disclosure." For, no matter how they might smile, a smile was nothing more than a baring of teeth, a display of that with which they ate and fought with. No matter how much they wished to be more, they had a beast's instincts instilled into them through their damnation, and just as a group of kindred once tried to survive inside a well stocked cave, their lust to consume and control overcame their good will in the end. So it was with the Kindred in this room.

Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Status 1 (Covenant - Lancea Sanctum)
    Status 2 (Academia - Research Fellow)
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

Wooding's outburst was more than a little childish. He wasn't doing a good job at selling his idea and if he was going to be insulted when Kenneth tried to help the case; then Kenneth wasn't going to argue when the Reeve quite like a petulant kid not getting what they wanted. He wondered if this was somehow related to Sterling's 'plans' that she had mentioned. If that were the case, he certainly wasn't going to try to convince the Crone member to keep the Reeve position.

He nodded in assent to David. Kenneth still didn't think patrols were as useless as some of the others seemed to believe but he was content to let the subject drop. It wasn't his responsibility. It would be the new Reeve's the persuade or intimidate compliance and Gilroy doubted the Prince would name him. At least he really hoped that somehow didn't happen. It wouldn't make logical sense. Then again, the vile Haunt was currently sitting at a table as Clan head. No, it was just too far out there.

Josephine brought up the areas of influence the Prisci might be interested in expanding their influence in.

"I am currently working on a project at the university on behalf of the city's sanitation department, developing a microbe that converts waste to fuel." The fact that Gilroy is working in sewage seems a perfectly natural fit. "It has garnered me a couple allies within the department for taking on the project." Even a couple outside of sanitation like water, electrical, and some city planners. Once the bacteria were complete he would be on even stronger footing. He doubted most of the Kindred present would be able to really help him towards his goal. Who knew though, maybe there was a bioengineer among them. But perhaps him sharing would encourage others to do so. And if not, then they would still know what to come to him for if they needed expertise in the areas he had mentioned. Then he could gain favors.

As for what else he wanted to expand influence into, he didn't answer right now. Too many really. The medical establishment given how he would be working with Konrad, probably needed an ear to the streets because of that as well, then there was getting good in with the police in case things went south. And that was just working with Roth. One thing at a time though.
    Mask of Tranquility
    Curse - Looking at Kenneth you feel disgust, as if you saw a lowly yet dangerous vermin.

8. Likes Cayce liked this post
    C
    Casitive

Once more, David is the eye of a storm. Having said his piece, the Shadow Dragon falls to a (un)natural stillness. No shifting in his seat – a skirmish in the eternal war against discomfort -- occurs. There is no metronomic rise and fall of his chest to signal breathing. David has devoted his entire being to listening; not just to the words used, but to the tone and timbre.

No matter the event, David will always be a pseudo-psychologist.

Konrad reveals how much he attempts to be a mediating force and Juan's heavy sigh shows more about the Daeva's character than his attempt to change the subject.

As the Seneschal carries things forward and Josephine and Gilroy follow suit, David's lips move. “As an embalmer, I have some minor pull with my fellows. As far as any other business, Seneschal, I have nothing else. However, I hope I might trouble you for a ride somewhere after this meeting concludes.” Finished, lips draw themselves into a thin line as the Mekhet lapses back into silence.

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

When David reiterates his opinion on the patrols, Chris is extra glad he just stepped down. It's not like the routes are public knowledge, and it's not like the routes are always the same. When, eventually, his Priscus still thanks him for his service - probably just politeness - Chris nods. Right now he doesn't really care what the others think of him. Is his reaction childish? This bullshit has been going on for months. There's only so much composure a man can have.

Hierophant. Yes. It sounds much better anyway.

'Don't worry Priscus Roth, this is truly the best option. Maybe I can still serve the Domain as a Deputy, or at least I can assist the next Reeve, but perhaps I'm not meant for leading this office. Especially since I am indeed also the Hierophant. My eagerness to take things on my plate has backfired. And if people want to give me constructive criticism, they should bring it as such.'

'Now if I only may point out one thing about Deputies,'
    from the Gangrel, he turns to the rest as well, 'I only selected Kindred I could trust, or already trusted. But maybe there's more strength in numbers. That'll be up to the next Reeve.'

Finally, he nods to Katya Harding, 'Thank you Seneschal.'
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

11. Likes West liked this post
    I've Done Things... Bad Things.

Domain Status (Bloodhunted)
    Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

"Hmm, yeah alright. Thanks for your service, Hierophant Wooding," says Konrad, still a little surprised by the turn of events. Everyone else at the table seems to have already accepted the new changes and he'd only be causing himself trouble to keep on Wooding about it.

As the flow of the meeting changes directions, Konrad throws his chips in. "To answer your earlier question, Priscus Sterling, yes, I'm not shy about my dealings with the Kine underworld. They feed me info and favors that allow me to get around pesky obstacles. If there's ever an issue with Domain security that could benefit from those sort of connections, consider me a resource."

Looking to the Seneschal, Konrad adds, "I don't have anything else to contribute for the moment." He pulls out a business card from his pocket and sets in on the table in front of him. "If anyone doesn't already have the means to reach me, here's my card. Priscus Gilroy, let me know when a good time is for you and we can meet up so I can impart myself on those archives of yours."

Page 5 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 28

You do not have permission to view the list of names.