Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
Beat & Heat

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3

"Sort of. Not the whole never changing bit, stuff has changed... a lot for me in my life. But some changes came with a journey," Involuntary journeys, full of fear and anger and pain, "And they tend to be the big ones." She drains her beer, and sets the bottle on the table.

"Work takes up a lot of my time. Practical and practice. I'm always trying to pick up new techniques. I used to be involved in the SCA a bit, but not so much since I moved down here to Sacramento. Different crowd. I still study some fighting techniques though, martial arts and stuff like that. Another way I get to feel powerful, right?" She smiles, then goes on, "I read a bit, and try to find clubs with good music. I dunno, regular things. How 'bout you?"

Free Council

Temoins du Sud, Doorwarden
    Crowley

Free Council

PRE

"Ha! Now you got me!" A cheshire grin, filled with suppressed mania, flashed across his face.

"I... I guess I hang with my hommies a fair bit. Then I play music. Um trawl through bars. I still have some old friends in the industry and a hang with them from time to time. I read a bit... but probably not enough. Depends. If I'm with a band I hang with them. You need that kind of intimacy to work good music magic!"

"I bet," she agrees with a nod. She tilts her head for a moment. It's always interesting sampling local bands. Mostly because you have a chance of finding a group you like, and then quality live entertainment is easy to find. "You said you're sorta moving between groups right now, right? Filling in?" She recalls, then asks, "Working with anybody good lately?"

Free Council

Crowley

Free Council

PRE

Crowley shook his head. "Not right now. The last of the good crop turned on one another. I saw it coming but couldn't do much to stop it." He made a face, stared into the distance. Quenching his thirst helped. "Right now I... guess I'm playing mentor. Helping get people set up and stuff. Passing on my experience. Or something like that." He sighed.

"I guess you don't quite have that issue, right? You got your gig..." Crowley nodded over to the forge. "Unless... Say are you part of a team or do they let you work on that alone?" If she had worked with another Smith, he sure would like to meet them.

"Sorta both," she begins. "The blacksmithing community is pretty tight knit, you know? There's not a lot of people in the industry right now, so it's a sort of cloistered community. You might not know everybody, but chances are you've heard something. Anyway, for most of my career so far I've been apprenticed to one master or another. I used to work for a guy named Rick here in town. Right now though, I've started to go out on my own. Doing my own work, I mean, not as anybody's apprentice." She grins, "My own space, my own project. This, though?" She gestures back at the forge, "This is sort of a shared space. The owner makes the call who can work in it. Right now it's mostly me and a guy named Marcus, who's been here a lot longer. So far we've been working separately, but we might try out a few projects together."

Free Council

Crowley

Free Council

PRE

"Marcus, eh? Is he here?" Networking, see?

He could appreciate the impact of being part of a small, tight knit, community but he didn't raise it. He had his vow of silence to keep, after all. Fortunately he didn't have to speak as the next set exploded in a wave of reverberating aggression.

She pauses, considering. That question's a bit more probing. It brushes up against another boundary, and calls for a rechecking of facts. Giving away that kind of information could endanger both her and Marcus, if this man has some malevolent intent. And there's really no way of being certain that he isn't. Any Lost with the Glamour to do so can harden their Mask against inquiry, including Loyalists and Privateers that might be curious as to where local Freeholders might congregate. So could the True Fae for that matter, or any number of dangerous creatures.

And there's really just no way of knowing.

Ramona chose to spend her life fighting the Fae rather than hiding from them. But that doesn't mean the Winter don't have some good ideas. Control the information you release, because it can be used against you. You can't live your life without making yourself vulnerable in some way, but you should be aware of the danger, measure it, and make a conscious choice, as well-informed as possible, about how and when you do so.

There's some leeway here though. Marcus is a regular fixture at the Forge, that kind of information is publicly available. If Ramona doesn't give it out, Shaun could easily acquire it from someone else. Even the bartender.

The pause is brief between question and answer; she shrugs, "Maybe. He likes to hang around here sometimes. I don't know if he's planning to work tonight though."

Free Council

Crowley

Free Council

PRE

"Ah! That fits!" Crowley shrugged in mock defeat. "Guess I'll have to come here again then, won't I?" The Enchanter waited, clueless to Ramona's inner thoughts, as the music pounded and wailed and called to him. "No sweat. Damn this is good stuff! Hey! Wanna get to the mosh? I think they're building up for something big."

He jerked his head and grinned wickedly.

Getting close to the month mark. Draw things to a close?

She grins back. This is her break. She should really be resting and rehydrating. But moshing around for a few minutes couldn't hurt, right? "Sure." She says, putting down her beer and standing up.
    Sounds good to me. Can close it right here, if you like.

Free Council

Crowley

Free Council

PRE

Yeah its a good place. Nice scene

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread