Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Calling Aquinas

THREADID
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

After much thought, Avis picked up her phone and dialed the number of the Hierarch...
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

C
    Casitive

On the speed of sound, Avis reaches out and touches someone. Well, perhaps not just anyone. The phone rings twice before it's picked up, but the comforting tones of the Mastigos don't come quickly. In the background, she can hear someone fumbling around. Then, far off from the receiver, there's a girl's voice, yelling for her Dad.

Another few moments are punctuated with the background noise of life. Finally, Aquinas can be heard on the line. “One moment, please.

Then, more family noise, and finally the metallic protestations of a screen door before Aquinas is heard on the phone again, “Hello, sorry about that. What can I do for you?

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"Aquinas," Avis replied into the line, deciding to ignore his rote apology. "I was--this is Avis by the way--um, anyways, I was calling to ask you if you wanted to buy something. The Circle, I mean. It's...beyond my group's resources to maintain and I don't want to see it fall into ruin. Besides, I think we could use a safe, stable place for meetings and I think the Circle could provide that if it was attached to your office rather than one of the five groups. So, um...what are your thoughts?"
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

C
    Casitive

Aquinas doesn't say anything immediately. Thought moves through the Hierarch's mind then, a decision is made without any outside input and he says, “I think we should talk face to face. When are you able to meet up?

It sounds as though the Hierarch paces while he speaks on the phone. He's probably one of those people who takes their phone-calls standing up out of a weird nervous tic.

Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

"Alright. That's fine. I can do pretty much any time. You free tomorrow?" the other Warlock questioned.

C
    Casitive

Avis' question is met with a brief pause, as Aquinas quickly checks the phone's calendar. Confirmation made, the Thearch's calm voice comes across the line, “Sure. That sounds fine. I'll meet you anywhere.

Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

"Alright. Some time around noon. At the Circle," Avis decided without much pondering. It made the most sense, after all, and it didn't really matter where she said. If Aquinas wanted to get off the line because it wasn't safe, anything they said would be compromised anyways. Might as well limit the amount of information anyone could gain from it.

Closed Thread