Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
Coffee Shop Revolution

Page 3 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"We might have a bead on a large practice space," Avis ventured, eyes flicking over to Star. Maybe it was a terrible idea, but with forces they could soundproof the practice space, and with Space they could clean anything up afterwards. Besides, after that whole thing with the break-in, at least one major player already knew where they lived. Would making the theater a practice space really be that dangerous?

Well, maybe. Star had good instincts and training on stuff like that. She'd let him decide.

"Also, you don't need to read books to play music," she continued, giving a chin jut to Morgan. "Not that I'm saying that's worthless, just that there's more than one way. People all over the world've been learning to play music without books for thousands of years. All you need the desire. Plus, with things like youtube and stuff like that, you can look up all kinds of videos that'll help teach you stuff."
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

2. Likes Origins liked this post

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan gave Lynn a smile at the reassuring contact, "Tis w-what friends do, r-r-right?". Then blushed as Avis brought attention to the book she'd been reading. It was good to know the intellectual direction wasn't the only way to play. If the Beast did ever find an instrument, she'd probably opt for the other options. As for desires...well that was more a Spring thing then Autumn, but she was fearful of not getting along with Lynn. She blushed more and shrunk away at the mention of Youtube. "Imp-improvise could works t-thank ye, but just sstarting. B-but Yoo-tube...Um-eh-heh-heh...computers," she rubbed the back of her head, "D-d-don't like me. T-they go blue lots when I t-try to use them." Morgan sagged in defeat at that.

Yet surprisingly, Morgan actually could contribute. She knew lots of "open" spaces. As long as they didn't mind abandoned buildings with various degrees of structural integrity. And the possibility of the cops being called for trespassing. Morgan's faced tilted as her face scrunched up in thought. It was a possible option that was true.

So she raised her hand weakly, "Um heh-heh if-if ye need locations I-I know sssome-lots empty-usually-empty buildings and-and rooftops t-that ye could try. Tis some build--hmm," She then eyed everyone in the group critically then shook her head, "No-no-no, climbing rope and instruments bad-combo."

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Playing on a roof?"

Bluish eyes widened, and brows lofted like caterpillars practicing flight.

"Man. Maaaan. That sounds so totally, like, awesome. I mean, yeah, I dunno about our place. Our roommates? They're, like. Not always, you know."
    Thin shoulders shrugged, and eyes flickered back over at Avis. "They're kinda, ummmm. Tasteless."

One of these days? They'd need to work out Signs. Rituals. Spellcasting. Vulgar. 'Dox. Nobody needs someone not realizing Sleepers were over and Rit'ing up their Dailies. Or. Worse.

"I'd love that, tho. Legit. Like, you always see that on teevee? People doing things on roofs. But no one does that in real life. It'd be like, maybe, a statement. Or, wait, did you say no roofs? It's cool. An empty lot would be fine. Sure. That too."
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

Lynn Mills

"Hey, don't worry about it." Lynn spoke softly, just loud enough for Morgan to hear. She guessed that the Autumn courtier might feel uncomfortably with the mention of desire, or rather Desire. "You do what you feel comfortable with, ok?"

She looked aorund the group. "My vote is for a practice space that's comfortable, with stuff like furniture and a bathroom. But the abandoned places would be awesome for venues once we get some traction. It could be our 'thing', you know? Spread news of it by word of mouth . . . It would be pretty awesome if we can manage it."

She was gonna end up the Fiddler on the Roof again, she just knew it.

6. Likes Origins, Cayce liked this post
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"I guess it could be our thing," 'Dez' agreed with shrug. "I mean, it would be kind of a protest in itself, which isn't bad. But, um, yeah, for practice I don't think that'd be the best idea. We'll want an actual space. I'm sure we can rent one somewhere, though. Let's, uh, focus more on the music, I think, and the message. I really liked what you wrote, Lynn," she continued, raising the lyrics page in informal salute. "It's powerful stuff. I like the idea of having a big ass range, though. Like, maybe that's the anthem, and everything else is just a spoke of that. So, like, we can have the anti-coffee...er, Starbucks song, and then, like, how about an anti-war one? Or if that's too generic, we could go in another direction."

Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

Kyle Ferlen

Mask

Kyle is handsome, with a strong jawline that is usually marred with stubble or an unkempt beard. He has short, messy brown hair that is often hidden beneath a hat. When he moves about he is accompanied by the sound of rustling foliage. He has bright, expressive brown eyes.
    Mien

Mien

Kyle's hair - his real hair - is comprised of short, tangled vines. He sports hornlike growths of twisted branches behind his pointed, elegant ears. His skin tone is tinted with the slightest hint of green, and is covered with crisscrossing white scars on his back and arms. His hair on his face and body is green and fibrous like the tufts on an ear of corn. Shifting vines grow from his palms, which are usually coiled around his hands like bandages. His irises are dull and pale.

PRE

Kyle would be happy to play prety much anywhere, but the discussion over practice spaces and venues really gives him the 'damn the man' vibe. Dez, in particular, seems to be all about it. Everyone already thinks I'm a hippy... no saving it now. The Fairest grins at his private joke.

"I guess I could get behind that. I mean... I don't feel too strongly about big labels. And I guess no one likes war." He throws his hands up almost apologetically. "Not that I can't work with it. My only hitch is that I like leavin a little room in the music for a feel-good vibe. Ya know? Like how Lynn's song is all sad and pleads with you to act, but it leaves room to make you feel like you can do somethin about it. So if we're gonna be pushin heavy issues like anti-corporate or anti-war, we should make sure it's not just a bitch-fest." Hopefully he hadn't just come off as a complete wuss, but he couldn't get behind a negative vibe.

9. Likes Cayce liked this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Ummmm, what, like a Call To Action?"

Sure, that's a thing. It's a thing, and it's A Thing.

"I dunno, man. I mean, I get what you're saying, but if the idea is to get people to, ummmm. Uh. Free themselves? Then telling them what to do is a little... weird. It's like that movie. 'The Matrix'? Free Your Mind, There Is No Spoon. See, when you tell someone what to do, even if you're telling them something good, then aren't they really just, I dunno, like, trading one cage for another?"
    The sad thing? People like cages. True story.

"If you tell them what's wrong, but then they have to decide, or figure out, or whatever, they're gonna do about it... it's different. Right? Red pill, blue pill. Choose the pill. Choice. You show someone the Truth, then let them decide."

Open your Eyes. Stay Asleep. Get people to choose, not to follow Someone Else's Choice. One is freedom, the other is conditioning.

"I get it. I really do. Not just being all Doom And Gloom. But if the idea, the real, main idea, the Truth, is, well. Anyway. I don't think the idea is telling people what to do. Even if it's, like, a good thing, or done in a nice way. But maybe I'm wrong? I could be wrong. I didn't read Lynn's song. But when I suggested the anti-coffee, it's not just coffee. Don't go there. Don't stand in line. Don't substitute dumb choices about your triple whip drizzled this no foam that for choices that actually matter. Don't buy in. And that's buying in to anything? Even the song. Buy in to yourself, to your own choices."

Fingers flickered and danced as words sped up. A gesture here, there, everywhere. Who wound up Jack in the Box?

"And so the music shows people they have a choice. That's all."

Bluish eyes bounced around.

"But. You know. I could be wrong. If everyone wants to go that way, Kyle's way, that's cool. I'm cool with that. I just wanted to, you know. Explain."
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

11. Likes Cayce liked this post

Lynn Mills

Lynn grinned a bit at Kyle and Dez. "I think I can manage all of that. That," she nodded at the lyrics page "Is just what was on my mind at the moment. I'll see what else I can come up with, now that I've got some more direction."

Something did catch her attention about the way that Jack kept talking about the Truth, with a vary obvious capital letter in it. It must mean as much to him as cages did to her. She wondered quietly about what it was in his past that lead him to feel like that.

Hmmmm...... lyrics started whispering in her mind and she started humming under her breath, the fingers on her left hand twitching as she tried to imagine the chords to go along with them.

The Truth, the Truth is all around you
    The Truth is there, are you blind or shall you see?

Blinking, Lynn suddenly realized that she'd completely zoned out in the middle of a conversation. Cheeks burning a bit, she glanced around and hoped that she hadn't missed anything big.

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

No roofs, oh, right, the grammar thing. Morgan shook her head at Star's line of no roofs, "No-n-no I do know roofs th-that can access good-easy-fire-escape, b-b-but twas thinking of a long abandoned building. It-t-t no good: entry d-difficult. Climb-crawl risk damage instrum-ments so bad."

Lynn's soft tone was pleasant enough and Morgan just nodded her head in agreement. A second nod was added about abandoned places being good for venues? Must be concerts. She'd keep some of her parkour spots in mind for that, one's that could hold crowds. Probably sound absorbent too so as to keep the noise from attracting unwanted attention.

Morgan's head tilted in confusion, resembling the animal the Beast took after even with her Mask up. "Spoon?" She didn't get the reference. The part of choice and freedom made a lot of sense. Freedom was a big thing in the Lost crowd. "Not und-und-comprehend all but choices part s-sound nice Jack, yes it does."

Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

"The thing is, though, like, you have to be conditioned. A bit, anyways," Avis countered, shifting in her seat so her shoulders were squared more in Jack's direction.

"I mean, learning is conditioning. So, if we're trying to teach people how to recognize choice, and to evaluate it themselves instead of just regurgitating it back then we'd still be conditioning them in a way. Like, the strategy, the skill, the, uh, knowledge is all conditioned. Kinda like music, in a way. Chords, harmony, rhythm, scales, that's all stuff that we've been conditioned on, one way or another, and that's what we're going to use to spread our message. Like, we're participating in traditions. We can still make something new with the tools those traditions give us, but we're not just, ya know, being totally radical."

Scarred shoulders rose in a shrug.

"It's kinda like this song I know. Where the band is critiquing the music industry. Like, talking about how other people write the lyrics and some fake artist is gonna lip sync it, and how it's all just about sales and attention, and drama, and everything but the actual music. But, to do it they're, like, using kind of a pop style while they do it. They're using the tradition, the conditioning, but in a way that makes people question it. It's not saying 'fuck popstars', its just describing shit and letting you decide what you think. Not that we have to do that, I'm just saying, that's an example of how conditioning can be used."

Page 3 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread