Ended
Watch
41 - 50
DISPLAYED
Coffee Shop Revolution

Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
    Kyle Ferlen

Mask

Kyle is handsome, with a strong jawline that is usually marred with stubble or an unkempt beard. He has short, messy brown hair that is often hidden beneath a hat. When he moves about he is accompanied by the sound of rustling foliage. He has bright, expressive brown eyes.
    Mien

Mien

Kyle's hair - his real hair - is comprised of short, tangled vines. He sports hornlike growths of twisted branches behind his pointed, elegant ears. His skin tone is tinted with the slightest hint of green, and is covered with crisscrossing white scars on his back and arms. His hair on his face and body is green and fibrous like the tufts on an ear of corn. Shifting vines grow from his palms, which are usually coiled around his hands like bandages. His irises are dull and pale.

PRE

Kyle screws up his face in sympathy. He had pretty much thrown in the assumption that Morgan wanted to join the band. A bit of a social blunder on his part. He listens in on Lynn for his queue. "Right. I guess we were just excited to see you. No pressure on learnin an instrument if you don't want to, but you know we'd welcome you in a heartbeat." Raccoon-girl gets a sincere smile.

The Minstrel is no stranger to Lynn's performances, though he was doing more listening at the time than watching. And Dez... for some reason he can imagine her just sitting there. Though his first guess would have been her screaming into a mic and pointing a finger at the crowd. Its mostly the familiar markings of scars that make him feel that way; people with physical or even emotional scars tend either do a lot of hiding or, conversely, taking life by the horns in a no-apologies attitude. He does a little of both. "Me personally..." he says, looking back at Jack. "YGuess you could say I'm all over the place. Music gets a hold of me and I just go with it. Song is the ocean, feelings are the waves... and I'm the surfer." He laughs a little under his breath. "Never surfed in real life, though. But you get the idea. Its a good thing, I think, for a performer. Adds to the energy of the show."

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Who's got the Moves Like Jagger?

"Performing is like surfing? Sweet. I dig that."
    Life's a stage, right? "I've surfed. Ummmm. Just a little." A thumb and forefinger came up, unconsciously mimicking something Lynn had done before. "So, I can dig it. Except, maybe more like windsurfing, with, like, the sail being your instrument?"

Sails full of water get heavy. Instruments probably would, too.

"I've done a little performing too, but not like this. More like, ummm. Standing around?"
    Maybe a dancing magician could be a new thing. Melodies and Magic. Needed some work. "So, yeah, I was totally just curious." Preparation, yo. Or maybe that would be the most hypocritical thing of all. A message denying conformity, performed by a conformist.

The mop swiveled to focus on Morgan. "Oh. Sure, yeah. I mean, if you're just hanging out, it's all good. But you sang at karaoke, right? I mean, that means you like music? Or no."

Come on. It's hitting a thing with some sticks.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

3. Likes InvertedMonkey, Travisc06489 liked this post

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan sighed in relief at Lynn's reassurances. It was a good thing her motley mate was more extroverted then her. She'd certainly be leaving the people stuff to Lynn as often as possible. She favored Kyle with a weak smile as he too tried to reassure the jittery Lost.

And they were talking about performing and movement? Really. Not even thinking Morgan just commented: "I l-like dangling upside-down-from streetlights. Tis relaxing-fun ano-and sometimes heh-help folks with cameras...uh," It took a momentary pause to realize how strange that would sound to the normans that didn't know her. And probably also to the two Lost that did.

With a nervous laugh and blush, she rubbed the back of her head, "Umm, heh-b-but Imma very good at parkour-acrobatics sssso tis perfect-erm more-more-safe for me then thee, heh...And sssometimes have to do that to g-get folks webbie cams in right spots, heh." she tilted her head and shrugged at the last comment. Folks she helped could be picky about where they wanted the cameras sometimes.

Lynn Mills

Lynn grinned at Morgan. "Well then. You can help us set up some good shots during our performances. We might as well film them, help get our exposure." Sitting back, she looked around the group. "Anyways, I've got a line on a drummer we might be able to hire to gig with us, at least until one of us scares somebody else up. So that won't be a problem. And the production people I know can get all our material together."

"So. When are we gonna get together to practice?"

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"Well, give that drummer a call and I'll call around and find us a cheap space to rent. Even a storage room, or something, if I can't turn anything else up. I'll let you know," Avis assured them. "In the meantime, though, just keep thinking of ideas or stuff you wanna experiment with and, uh, Jack and I'll do the same. I mean, if you don't think of anything, that's cool, but feel free to let the ideas flow."

OOC
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

Kyle Ferlen

Mask

Kyle is handsome, with a strong jawline that is usually marred with stubble or an unkempt beard. He has short, messy brown hair that is often hidden beneath a hat. When he moves about he is accompanied by the sound of rustling foliage. He has bright, expressive brown eyes.
    Mien

Mien

Kyle's hair - his real hair - is comprised of short, tangled vines. He sports hornlike growths of twisted branches behind his pointed, elegant ears. His skin tone is tinted with the slightest hint of green, and is covered with crisscrossing white scars on his back and arms. His hair on his face and body is green and fibrous like the tufts on an ear of corn. Shifting vines grow from his palms, which are usually coiled around his hands like bandages. His irises are dull and pale.

PRE

The Minstrel finds himself nodding along with Jack's explanation. The guy's profile seems to be falling into place. Kyle can see that the guy branches off to other subjects to reference things and make sense of them. Which means that beneath the almost confused surface the guy is probably pretty smart. Mind going a mile a minute, at any rate. Ten thousand thoughts... at least a few of them have to be good ones, right?

"Its a great idea, Morgan." he adds for the raccoon girl. "However you think you can help."

The next point the comes up rings a metaphoric bell in his head. Practice. We're really doin it. "Yeah, I'm down." He spares a glance and a knowing smile at Lynn. "Lynn and I can go over some things... you and Jack can do the same... we'll come up with some solid material and see how things fly." The drummer issue could probably solve itself.

"So when's good for everybody?"

Lynn Mills

Lynn grinned and stretched. "I'm pretty free whenever, that's the benefit of working freelance mostly." She looked over at Dez. "But if you've got to figure out a place for us to practice, how about you call us all when you've got a place? We can figure out something after that. Evening would probably be best."

We're really gonna do it!

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Bang to the beat of the drum.

Also, Morgan. What? Talk about one-track mind. Eight track. Repeat play, parkour. Come on, girl. Up your conversation game.

"Oh, sure, ideas. Right. What about consumer, uh, consumerarlists? Consumation? Consumption? Like, you know, everyone always buying stuff. Wait. Wait!"
    Fingers snapped.

"Ebay."

Ebay's the debbil, Bobby Boucher.

"But, yeah, totally. Let's do it. Get a place and, you know. Start."

Sure, maybe someone's been listening to Consolidated! a bit. Much. Recently.

Because Buying The Best.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

10. Likes InvertedMonkey liked this post

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan's thoughts were not exactly focused on the conversation. She really couldn't contribute to this part. Though she was relieved that Jack and Avis were perfectly save, normal folks for Lynn and Kyle to jam with. She was also pondering whom she should ask about "gig" spots and what places she knew of that might work.

She could already dismiss a few of the buildings she frequented for reasons of great variety. She'd have to think on it and talk to folks on the street. The street performers would be the best to speak to for location ideas. Hobos were less likely to know about places good for mini-concerts.

Lynn Mills

Shall we call this closed? Avis can start off the next thread with the space for the practice.

13. Likes West liked this post
Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread