Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
Late Night Drink

Page 4 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last

Richard picks up the drink but hesitated to actually drink from it, though he figured he could invest the blood now and drink his fill later, still he would wait until the night grew later before jumping head into the deficit. "I for one welcomed the snow when I lived in Chicago, I've had enough heat and sunshine for one life time" he says through a low chuckle. "Besides, I always found the snow beautiful under the right circumstances. Behind glass and four walls"

T

Disregard.

T

Chuck's posture and smile froze momentarily at Tomas' response. Ah. One of those charity cases.

The Elodoth didn't particularly feel like rectifying the situation, but he didn't want it to escalate or become bitter either.

"Sorry if I've caused offense Tomas. That was insensitive of me." he said tactfully. "Maybe we should wait to see if we'll be playing before we discuss a wager. Or just leave it as a friendly match if you don't feel up for a wager." he added.

His smile returned as he spoke to Faye again, "I hope you don't think I was trying to get out of anything." he began. "If you beat me at billiards then maybe I can take you in the Corvette to... Well where ever you can buy whatever you want." he added. She seemed amenable to the idea, he liked buying things for people, so why not? "But don't think that means I won't race you as well."

R
    Rincewind

Tomas felt quite the fool at the overreaction, it wasn't the first time his temper had flared unchecked, and where he came from you didn’t back down from a challenge.
    This wasn’t where he was from though and alienating everyone around him wasn’t going to get him very far.
    “Please, I overreacted, think no more of it.” His tone cools considerably as he continues “I could use a new wardrobe though I must admit.” Tomas muses, the heated moment passing as quickly as it came.

He turns back to Madison, determined for his first impression to not be of the beast he most surely appeared to be, “Do you race often? I Can’t say I’m much of a driver myself, I grew up in the woods, not a lot of room for stunt driving out there” He winks and adds “Bet I could outrun you though.”

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3
    Aurora Scenes

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Interesting, she thinks, as Chuck said he was sorry. Maybe there was more to Chuck then she originally thought. Not that she couldn’t be catty, but it had to be the right circumstance, as she prefers to get her way with kindness and a batting of the eyes if need be.

But his offer, brings a smile to her face before she laughs, “Wow Chuck, that’s an awfully nice and generous offer. How about we make it dinner instead?” she replies. Being bought things was all nice, but it didn’t really suit her. Not with a guy she just meet like a month ago. “Now you have to let us know what the stakes are, if you win.” Always helped to know what each was playing for.

Looking to Tomas with a grin, “Never raced a day in my life. Though I’ll never be one to back down from a challenge.” Eyes look to Chuck briefly. “Outrun me? Hmmm, probably. I’m not used to running, so not sure if I’d be any good at it. But now I feel like I need to throw something out there,” she says with a sly grin. Her free hand was brought to her lips as a finger absently taps them. But what? Can’t use magic, around sleepers that was a huge no-no, which left her performance. “I’ve got a few, but hmmm…should I reveal them....” she says coyly.

Did Tomas win?

R
    Rincewind

Only 8 successes so far....

Aurora
    Seraphina
    Alessandra
    Aurora
    Seraphina
    Alessandra
    Aurora Scenes

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Just checking cause Tomas didn't take a shot

I've Done Things... Bad Things.

Domain Status (Bloodhunted)
    Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

Konrad recalls a distant memory of snow-touched lands in his previous life after hearing Katya's mention of it. It seems so long ago now.

"I've always lived in and around the desert, myself. Vegas, L.A., Reno. No matter how dry it gets people find a way to make it livable. California will bounce back too. At least Sacramento has all these rivers around. But the wetlands might suffer a bit. Probably some change in bird populations and migrations. I dunno. For now I'll just be glad that they can't afford to water down my beer," he jokes and laughs and then takes his draft in hand to down a third of the amber pale. Despite its red hue it's nothing like the blood he prefers. With luck he'll be drinking down the same swill intermingled in the veins of one of the bar's patrons later into the night.

-1 Vitae to consume drink

"Chicago is right next to Michigan, isn't it?" he asks, coming up for air and wiping the edges of his mouth with a thumb. "You guys ever run into the same people before? Or is it in fact a big world after all rather than how the song goes?"

T

Chuck relaxed as Tomas' demeanor calmed and he gave a quiet laugh at the man finally agreeing to his point.

"Dinner sounds fantastic. How about the winner chooses the venue and the loser picks up the bill?" he suggested, noting with disappointment that Tomas looked like he was about to win and that he wouldn't have a chance to play against Madison.

"I've only raced the once. Well twice technically, but I must say I not the fastest on foot." Not in this form anyway. He thought of the wind rushing past as he loped along on four legs, free and wild, looking, smelling for something to hunt.

R
    Rincewind

Tomas takes another shot at the coloured balls on the table and wonders if the brief moment's rage threw him off more than he thought as he sends a ball spiralling nowhere near the pocket.

Date Action Roll Result
    2015-06-11 04:30:21 Tomas Warren rolls 6 to Playing Pool (Dex + Int) (1s Subtract) 3, 7, 4, 3, 7, 1 failure

A small frown briefly flashes over his face as he looks up from the table, a direct counterpart to the small smile he see’s from Chuck at seeing his shot miss.
    Tomas was under no delusion which of the two players Chuck would rather spend the time with, not that he could begrudge him for it of course, he’d think the same in Chuck’s position.

Tomas looks at Madison, grinning, and takes the bait, “Well then? A few what? Can’t go all teasing a guy like that and not delivering.”

Page 4 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
Closed Thread