Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
Late Night Drink

Page 3 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last
    T

"Thanks but I've got mine Madison." Chuck said, raising his glass of Bourbon to her. "And I'll play the winner, no worries. Let me know if you want to make it more interesting." he said with a smile to Tomas and Madison wondering if they were going to get on with the game or not and what sort of wager might make it more interesting.

Richard leans against a near by podium and scans the room, taking noting peoples faces, their attitudes, generally anything that gave him a vibe of the place. "Rum for me thanks" he answers to Konrad, how nice of him to pay for their props. The truth was he wasn't all that interested in playing billiards with the kine tonight but if there was one thing Richard was not, it would be a party pooper. He would go with the flow for now, at least until he was in better position to discuss things that furthered his own goals. The truth was he wasn't here to enjoy each others company, he had his business with Konrad, and he had his business with Katya, two birds that he hoped to stone tonight. The rest was nearly theatrics, a Daevas specialty.

R
    Rincewind

“The more the merrier.” Tomas states while lining up his shot.

Date Action Roll Result
    2015-06-06 20:34:01 Tomas Warren rolls 6 to Playing Pool (Dex + Int) (10 Again) 8, 9, 8, 1, 10, 2, 8 5 successes
    The white ball makes a satisfying crack as it collides with a striped ball, sending it spinning into a corner pocket.

“Thanks.” Tomas says in response to Madison's offer of beer, hoping nobody notices he won’t actually take any, nor will the one he already has get any lower.

"What did you have in mind?" he raises an eyebrow in response to Chuck's question proposition.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3
    Aurora Scenes

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

An eyebrow raises at the idea of making the game more interesting.

“Well, I’ve never turned down a chance to make anything more interesting.” She says with a sly smile. “And I agree with Tomas, what did you have in mind?” she asks as she takes a drink of her beer. Oh the joys of being an Acanthus, there was never a bet you didn't want to take.

“Nice shot.” She says watching him sink the ball. “For someone who says he doesn’t play a lot you’re giving me a run for my money.”

Her body moves around the table as her eyes look for her next shot. Seeing it, she lines up the cue and takes her shot.

Date Action Roll Result
    2015-06-06 22:33:35 Faye rolls 5 to Playing Pool (Dex+Int) (10 Again) 5, 9, 3, 8, 2 2 successes

T

"Well it depends what you're willing to wager." Chuck said with a swirl of his drink. "Nice shot Madison." he said, despite the fact that Tomas' was much cleaner. He had no reason to compliment the scruffy man.

"I still owe Madison a spin in the Corvette from last time. But for you," he gestured to Thomas with his drink again. "Maybe you'd like something more tangible. Say a new wardrobe or something?" he said raising his eyebrows and waiting for the man's reaction.

Ciara Maskelyne

Finn nodded his head to Konrad and the other two members of the group. "Good to meet you all. Take your time, I don't have anywhere else to go tonight. As much as it hurts my pride and bank account to say so..."

He looked to Katya first, taking the offered hand and giving it a firm but polite shake. "Good to meet you to Katya. Guinness, ay? A woman after my own heart." His smile took on a quizzical look at her words, wondering if it was innuendo or a bit of social faux pas much like the earlier squid-grip handshake. "No... I do most of my playing back home; but I don't have anyone waiting for me to play with tonight..."

Finn thought about exchanging social pleasantries with Richard while they waited for Konrad to fetch their drinks, but ultimately decided against it. He seemed like a man of few words; and Finn doubted he would respond to wit the way others might. Instead, he turned back to his game; lining up another shot while talking over his shoulder to the others. "So, what brings you folks out tonight? Seems like we're all in the same place by sheer luck..."

I've Done Things... Bad Things.

Domain Status (Bloodhunted)
    Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

At the bar, Konrad idly taps the countertop for the few seconds of waiting until a bartender notices him. He orders a Guinness, a rum, and an amber pale which gave off a reddish brown hue. With his dexterous hands he manages to hold the two glasses and bottle to carry them back over to the pool tables, setting them on a high-table nearby.

He only catches the tail end of the conversation. "Everybody's gotta be somewhere," he says, answering Finn. "But we'd been planning this outing for a little while. Just catching up, relaxing, and sharing news." Originally it had been an opportunity to hunt together and answer Richard's questions regarding alliances and philosophies, but part of moving among the prey is donning sheep's clothing. A little chit-chat would make for an interesting evening.

"So how about this drought? Seems like summer is going to wipe out the rain we got in the winter. I hear there's some risk of West-Nile coming back cause of it." Though there are more things biting than just mosquitoes in the city.

s
    sumthingpositiv

Katya shrugs in response to Finn's compliment of her taste. "I have a weak spot for dark beer I guess." At least she used to when she was alive.

She let's Konrad do most of the talking, since he is good at it. She does think about the exact purpose of the meeting, or rather why it was called and wonders if business would ever be discussed in front of kine. Even if it didn't, she sees the opportunity to at least dine if things go well and that would mean the night wouldn't be totally wasted.

When Konrad brings up current events, Katya chimes in to keep herself in the discussion. "You guys can have all the snow Michigan gets, we have way too much of it." she jokes "In all seriousness though, my understanding is this is worse than previous years yes? Is there any possibility of recovery?"

R
    Rincewind

The thought of Chuck with a pool cue lodged in his vocal cords makes it easier to feign a smile at the insult, as though the words rolled right off him. “Well who better to choose one? Clearly you’ve put a great deal of thought into yours.” despite the serpent-like tone of his reply, the smile remains on his face as he ignores any further reaction from Chuck and takes his turn at the table.

Date Action Roll Result
    2015-06-08 20:58:16 Tomas Warren rolls 6 to Playing pool (Dex+Int) (10 Again) 7, 6, 8, 5, 10, 8, 6 3 successes

OOC

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3
    Aurora Scenes

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She quietly drinks her beer, watching the scene unfold between the two. Though an eyebrow was raised at Chucks dig, she hadn’t taken him for one to make petty jabs.

The glass was put back on the table as she refills it from the pitcher. No one else wanted any? Worked for her.
    Her cue was picked up from its leaning position and she walks over to Tomas,

“If that is what you decide for a bet, I’ll happily go with you!” she offers with a friendly smile. It was not meant to be insulting, just an offer.

Blue eyes turn to Chuck,

“What makes you think you can get away with using something I’ve already won?”
    she teases. “Maybe there should be two rewards for two bets won…” she lets her words trail off as she lines up a shot. But clearly Fate was still playing with her tonight. She stands, frowns slightly and then shrugs.

Date Action Roll Result
    2015-06-08 21:18:46 Faye rolls 5 to Playing Pool (Dex+Int) (10 Again) 6, 2, 2, 6, 7 failure

Rules for Pool are here

Page 3 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last
Closed Thread