Ended
Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
Window Shopping

Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan tilted her head in thought before turning back to Lynn, "I t-t-think one of dah names for the, uh, basic roll is...parachute roll-fall?" She then smiled, "Eh-heh-heh, I'll t-t-teach ye sometime on mats or grass oro-or something soft."

Morgan thought on Star's objection then smiled, "Oh-heh-heh, parkour ain't-t just the high jumps stuff. Tis also running alleys, shortcuts, heh-hopping obstacles, ano-and basically treating the urban-landscape as one-big-big-big-obstacle course, heh." The Beast just happened to be calmed by heights and be really good at climbing. Her cowardly tendancies however caused her to make use of the street level aspects of parkour regularly.

"Nope. Erm-nada Holloywood I did-have-done a lesson, uh...once." She shot a look at Star befre continuing, "Jack, erm-Star-Jack? Uh, him," she pointed at Star, "w-was there for part of it. Heh-heh, he missssed the mistakes-lead-to-learning phase though."one with a few doods, some heh-he knew too, but he didn't stick around for it. A wide, happy grin found its way onto her face, "Yada-yup! Well, I heh-haven't flown, base-jump-glider closest, b-but parkour probably tis reasonably close, heh. Just gotta remember look afore leap and don't do it at night." She winced at the last part, abesnt mindedly rubbing her right shoulder, as if recalling how she learned that lesson.

She blinked before timidly asking, "Um, w-why about classes? Did ye wish to learn Dez?" She was more unsure if Star had been asking Lynn if she was teaching Lynn parkour. Or if he'd meant had Lynn been instructing Morgan in music. Could be a way for them to learn the other's interest, could it not? Yay, motley building exercise.

2. Likes West liked this post

Lynn Mills

Lynn grinned and patted Morgan on the shoulder. "Actually at the moment we're just running buddies. Although even that is a endurance test some days. I'd like to learn parkour someday, but I need to get the stamina to do it well first. And well," she shrugged. "I'm super paranoid about hurting my hands some how." maybe that would change if she ever managed to tap into the next Spring contract and could learn to heal herself, but at the moment that wasn't an option.

"Anyways," she gestured for Dez to hand her card back and quickly wrote a name and number on the back. "This is the contact details for my friend, his name is Chris Ruthorford and like I said, he's a really great singer. So, you don't have to worry about whether or not I'm trying to keep the opportunities all to myself," she grinned wryly as most musicians would kill for this chance. "You can contact him yourself and look up some of what he's done. I'd really like the chance to play with you but if not," she shrugged, obviously trying to be fair when it meant she might be giving up something she really wanted. "I know that a fiddle isn't an easy instrument to work into a group."

4. Likes West liked this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Don't mess with the hands, yo.

Long fingers flexed unconsciously. Rolling coins, flipping cards, spinning wands? Yeah. Digit-al Paranoia was totally A Thing. A little eyebrow action slid Morgan's way. Sure, there'd been some bailing action. But it's about Keeping Secrets. Still, it wasn't like there wasn't more to learn. As long as it could be learned in jeans. Nobody needs to see bone white chicken legs.

"Well, you know. Like, I'm sure if you wrote something with a fiddle in it, we could give it a go? Like, try it out, see how it sounds?" Him? Never tried composing. "Just. Uh. Nothing super complicated on the guitar part." Right.

"You and Chris play together before?"
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"Cool, thanks," Avis said, taking Lynn's card with the added number back and tucking it away. "I'd really like to see what we can do. I mean, four people coming together with a common purpose to create something...I just have a great feeling about it. We'll probably butt heads, sure, but I think at the end of the day we wont be getting in each others way. We'll be helping each other express ourselves, and not just that, but multiple perspectives, too. It'll be sweet."

A smile appeared across her lips, honest and joyful, though fleeting.

"And, um, yeah, I think so, Morgan,"
    Avis said, turning back to the traceur. "I mean, like I said, it's not something that I'm really familiar with, but I like movement. I like the idea of knowing how to really traverse space, to not be hemmed in by the environment, but able to be freed by it. I...I spent a lot of time being cooped up, and kept quiet," she shared after a pause. "That's part of why I'm so interested in music, I think, but maybe also parkour. Maybe not, I don't know, but I wouldn't turn down an experience with it. Maybe it'll be something I've been looking for."
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

7. Likes West liked this post

Lynn Mills

"Actually we just started collaborating, me and Chris. I'm gonna write something for the two of us, see if we can make it work." She shrugged. "I've never had the chance to team up with other people to play. I'm really looking forwards to it."

She glanced over at Dez. "I think you should try it out. I run to get in shape, because otherwise I spend all my time indoors. But from the sounds of it, I think you'd really find some good in it." She noticed that her fingers had started idly tapping a beat on the metal rack next to her as a thread of music started to form in her head. Biting her lip, she shoved her hands firmly in her pockets. No need to act spazy in front of the nice normal people; who lived their nice normal and in no ways fucked up lives.

"So um, any themes you were thinking of for the songs? You mentioned puck and protest, I'm assuming something along those lines in tone?"

OOC

9. Likes West, Origins, Cayce liked this post

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan hummed a positive as she nodded her head in agreement with Lynn. She then she looked up at Lynn, "Yada-yes, heh-hurting ye hands be a bad. I'd nano-nada-not want to heh-harm ye by poor instruction, no-never. Heh-heh, juuuust work on speed-stamina ssstuff. No-canine-improvement-assistance either, promise!" She gave a thumbs up to Lynn as she made that promise, whatever it meant.

Morgan returned her attention to Dez to hear the woman out. She nodded in understanding eyes closed as she pictured something, "Freedom to move-run-jump, no constrictions, heh-heh, can-can go anywhere as an escape..." she opened her eyes, "Y-y-yes, I understands. As-as I keep sssaying to folks, roof hopping tis only a part of parkour. The m-majority tis upon ground levels, heh. Ye can do parkour wid-out the climb-jump parts, j-just flow heh-heh...Personally I kinda heh-have anti-fear of heh-heights." She took in a breath before continuing, "Running p-parts easy to practice inna-in any parks. Grassss is sssoft for land-fall, heh, when ye hop-hop over obstacles." The short brunette hummed to herself before an expression that screamed lightbulb passed over her face. She loudly snapped her fingers, "Oh-oh-oh! Pipeworks. If-if ye are wary of the climbing parts but ye wants to try th-that place be good. They heh-have safety lines for falling."

It was an encounter there that had led to the "class" that Star-Jack had chickened out on. The rest of the normal folks that had stuck around had done good...ish. A few branches to the face, a few fence hang ups, but no bleeding. Certainly lots of grass or dirt stains had filled everyone's laundry.

As for the musical aspects of the discussion, Morgan had a helpless look on her face at that. Though the mention of "Puck" sent a shiver as she thought of the mythical version. She'd like to help her motley mate, but she wasn't sure how, "Sssssorry Lynn. Can't truly-honest contributes to the music, heh-heh. D-don't mind me on that part," that seemed to be addressed to all, "I nada-not mind just listening to ye fffolks talkin' of ye musical funs."

Lynn Mills

I meant Punk, not Puck! That's what I get for typing while half asleep.

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Pipeworks?"

"I've been there. With Lisa."
    Eyes flickered over to Avis. You know, Lisa. Not Asp. Lisa. "We did some climbing, but I didn't see anyone, you know. Flowing." Right, that's the word.

Eyes wandered over to tapping hands. Itchy fingers. It's a thing.

"Yeah, let's, like, give it a try? I'm in."
    The mop slowly rotated back to Avis.Sure, she'd come up with a swank way to work movies into rits, but telling kids to Stay Off The Glo?

"Dude. Can we do a, like, anti-coffee song?"

Because Seerbucks.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

13. Likes Cayce liked this post
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

Yeah, that got a snerk out of Avis, along with the image of Star holding up a sign that read "You are not your grande latte". Well, OK, maybe that would be her sign. Still, Star would dig it. He knew he was anything but his khakis after all.

"Totally, let's do an anti-coffee song," Avis agreed, giving Star a shoulder bump. "I mean, I think the main theme I'd be interested in just, I don't know, dissatisfaction with all the bullshit. Like, songs that challenge how people think, ya know? So, going along with that, we don't have to play punk or metal or any genre, cause who the fuck says that only one genre can do a certain thing? Let's just get together see and what we can do. I'll give you and your friend a call later and we can set it up.

"I'd like to do the same with you, Morgan, if that's alright," Avis added, turning to the traceur once again. "A good mentor'll beat the hell out of any commercial climbing gym."
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

15. Likes West liked this post

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan chuckled, "Tis a fun-fun place-safe. Sssafe lines make-ake parachute roll...awkward, heh-heh, but godo-good for beginner." she gets a confused look for a minute then chuckles,"Uh-eh-heh, flowing is, uh, horizonal movement? Sure-that. N-n-not climbs, heh. Flow ye do onna ground...or onna rooftops betwixt jumps," she finished with a shrug.

When Dez spoke Morgan nodded her head, "D-d-done a'fore, ssso can does it agains, heh-heh. Imma n-not ssso good at sssome things, b-b-but this tis somethin' Imma good at. Sssso if can heh-helps folks with get good with it t-t-then...tis good? Heh...think I neeeed more wordzzz variety. At least she'd gotten it out mostly coherent. All they really needed was a place.

Any grassy park could do, unless someone got access to one of those gymnasiums where you could set up obstacle courses. If they were "safe" for kids, they were good for newbie traceurs, right?

Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread